Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 6:32pm | IP Logged

Salesman in Layman language Pro who assists you in knowing about the products, answers any questions, gives you factual/correct information and market analysis.

Few Salesman's go beyond giving actual information to give false sales pitches and do whatever it takes in influencing you to buy a product. This is most common in commission based sales force.

Used Car Auto Dealer common false pitch "Elder/Old couple owned this car that's why it has low mileage and clean" First time you give this guy benefit of doubt, Second time same stale pitch is Ouch.Cell Phone retailer sales equip your phone with world's best feature later to discover was all incorrect.

On humorous note:

1. Please give the most humorous / vague / false pitch you got, product and your action.

On Serious note:

What are your thoughts on  Sales giving false pitches
    1. Doing their Job, sales have to sell?
    2. Doing something which is immoral, should sell on facts?

I understand: rights of consumer, buyer should do the home work, return policy etc.  -  not addressing that here

Edited by raj5000 - 08 March 2007 at 7:32pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "False Sales Pitch - JOB or IMMORAL?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UDman

Goldie

UDman

Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
I have no real comments to this statement. Although some salespeople may give false pitches, they are just advertising. People strive for money, and advertising is one of the biggest ways to do so. That's why we all have cars, cell phones, and any other imaginable thing... good question though... it makes me think about it...

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by UDman

I have no real comments to this statement. Although some salespeople may give false pitches, they are just advertising. People strive for money, and advertising is one of the biggest ways to do so. That's why we all have cars, cell phones, and any other imaginable thing... good question though... it makes me think about it...

Advertising I understand but telling lie to sell :(

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
bumping
false pitches for advertising are bad.. i am stuck with a year supply of KABOOM that does nothing Dead

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

bumping
false pitches for advertising are bad.. i am stuck with a year supply of KABOOM that does nothing Dead

LOL I use Kaboom, can trade it with 3 years supply of ALL washing liquid...Smile

Yeah coming back to topic, I mean when these guys cannot say the truth please don't lie... not right!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 03 April 2007 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
so they are doing the job right, but the job is wrong? Embarrassed

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Sales Guys in my (ex)company, I would kill them if I had a chance

anything client says, they says yeah we can do it, these sales pitches get more and more ridiculous towards the end of the quarter

Oh I feel so relaxed now to get out that job, now when those same sales guys are selling it to me, I can call them on their lies LOL

Research the product before you buy it, get things in writing from the Sales people, if they hesitate to write it on paper, you know it is not there in the product LOL

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sareg

Sales Guys in my (ex)company, I would kill them if I had a chance

Maya, another example of ProvokedLOLLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top