interviews of Pakistani singers wid pix

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

i have some more and i will post them in that same thread ok

Edited by wini - 17 years ago

Q1) What is your inspiration behind making such beautiful and melodious Music ?
"My Inspiration always comes from people around me, my experiences in life, my relationships in life, all that i have seen in my life, all that i am experiencing in present all around me, my traveling, my dealing with people, my situations, even beautiful or ugly happenings around me, beautiful or ugly sceneries around me, all good things and bad things in life, all this blends all this connectively makes life, and life basically inspires me, old music inspired me, and then i come with up my melody.. and its a good compliment that you think my melodies are melodic.."

Q2) Who would Faakhir be,if he were not a Musician ?
"I am a graduate in electrical engineering, with my majors in communication & electronics, i guess if i would not have proceeded my career in music, then i would possiblu be an electrical engineer, but having said that, i think the kind of restless soul i am, and artistic person that i am i would still be associated with some form of art or entertainment. "

Q3) What comes deeper from your soul, Music or Lyrics ?
"Music comes, and then obviously followed by some of the lines for style or some punch lines, sometimes recon steps for its totality sometimes just a few words or few rhythmic rhyming lines come to my mind, but melody definitely comes first."

Q4) Which one of the so many, has been your best and biggest performance so far? What exactly did you feel backstage at that time ?
"Any show big or small if goes well, if there is huge interaction between myself and the audience if crowd gets on its feet, and starts stomping around, dancing with me or singing with me, anyone in crowd if jumps around, they interactively provide the understanding, and i get the hint of the pulse, i get to understand that i have satisfied them, that satisfies me, and any performance, i cant really pin point, they have been so many shows that i have done which totally satisfied me, with interaction going on between me and audience, and its always an elated experience, and i feel extremely lucky at that time.. i wanna show it you all, it gives a little pumping and you sing with more heart and soul and energy"

Q5) Tell us something about the video shoot of your recent song "Jiya Na Jaaye" ?
"This video was shot in Bombay, and it was shot by one of the top directors in Bombay called Rahul sood, and this video has one Indian model, Aparna Kumar, one of the top Models in India, and it has one of the good actor and a very good friend of mine Abdullah Kadwani, he is playing an incredible story with that girl, shot in 35 mm, and a good quality video, i am very happy with it, and my fans are also very happy with the quality and this video."

Q6) Who writes and produces all the lyrics of your songs ?
"I come up with some of the lines for the song, but definitely different poets and lyric writers write my songs, for example there were 4,5 different lyric writers who were used to write Aatish, and there were 4,5 different lyric writers who been used for Mantra, in this album people contributed are Khuwaja Parvaiz, Riaz Ur Rehman Sagar, Aqeel Rubi, Nadeem Asad, and Muhammad Nasir, and even Schehzad Mughal, they all contributed and i also chipped in with some lyrics."

Q7) Have you received any formal musical education ever in your career ?
"No, if you can call some school education regarding music whatever you call it formal or informal, we had a lady music teacher on piano in my school, teacher taught us nursery rhymes and basic songs for children and as well as piano playing, and there were teacher with harmonium, and he also teached us some Pakistani raag, so basically that were both sides of the music..."

Q8) How has fame influenced you over the years ?
"Fame har kisi ko chahiye, everybody wants to be appreciated, even a regular housewife wants to be appreciated for what she does at home, everybody wants to be appreciated and especially people from art, in any form of art, they always want to be appreciated and acknowledged for there good work, my case is no different, i always want to be appreciated, kionke appreciation jo hoti hay, that refuels you for more better work, its appreciation, encouragement, it actually motivates you to do better work in future.. and fame over the year had influenced me had urged me encouraged me to do better work and produce quality work in future."

Q9) Which Video director would you like to work with in the future?
"From Pakistan i haven't worked with Saqib Malik as yet, i would like to work with Saqib Malik, but i would love to work with Asim Raza more, who has already shot some of my videos, and i love his work, i would like to work more with Asim Raza, but there are couple of directors i have not worked with, firstly Saqib Malik and Asadul Haq, i would like to work with them, and in India i will like to work again with Rahul Sood."

Q10) What made you prefer entering the music world in a band rather than picking up from a solo career ?
"Start, Generally, jitnay bhee aap singer ko dekh len, they all start with bands, and then band disband, and it produced two or three different singers, and they go on there own solo flights, my case is no different, they always.. i never thought of solo singing i was always thought about bands, and thats how i started from several bands before one final stable band called 'Awaz', but there but there were many bands before 'Awaz' "

Q11) How would you define your music to a person who has never heated of it before ?
"My Music is Very easy listening, its melodic, its melodious music, and this music is basically melody, because melody never get old, arrangements could change, beats could come and go, different styles in music could be there, but melody and specially our regional melody will remain there, all good melody are there to stay and they are always in our brain.."

Q12) What is the meaning of "Mantra"? Why did you choose it for your new album ?
"one of my musical in my album was called Mantra, and i named my album after that Song Mantra, it is eight minute long song, which is musical, its a first musical in contemporary pop music history, it has inspiration from different jargons of music, and first of its kind in our country, and thats why i named it after this musical after this song Mantra."

Q13) What is the reason behind releasing 4 different versions of your album ?
"The reasons is that first album i had started with theme of earth, water, and fire, thats why i called it Aatish Fire, this time around i was so fascinated from musical Mantra, and i wanted t name my Album Mantra, so there was a bit of a break away, from that earth and water version, so what i thought of cross break Mantra in four different versions, four different covers, so that earth, water and fire four elements of nature theme that i started in my first album should continue in some form."

Q14) Which will be your upcoming video? And who will direct it ?
"I haven't decided on the video, i haven't decided on the song, i haven't decided on the director, or what kind of video it gonna be, lets see as thing move we will decide, maybe its time to do one Punjabi Track."

Q15) What are your views about web sites like ApniISP.Com promoting Pakistani music worldwide ?
"I think its a great thing, there is something we have been missing from long time, but now the all these Pakistani sites, its a great tool, great vehicle, for work to be projected all over the world, and Hats off to all you guys who are doing this great cause, and helping our industry to grow.."

Q16) Any favorite songs, really close to your heart, from your albums ?
"one of the favorite from my new album is called "Kaash hum Juda Na Hotay", Kaash thats the song, in mantra, and i love this song, it really touches my heart."

Q17) Faakhir, we would like to thank you for giving us this golden opportunity to interview a gem of a musician like you. Thank you. Before signing off, would you like to give any message to all of your crazy fans worldwide ?
"Sure, Thank you for giving me this opportunity to reach out to all these fans over the world, through your website,. thank you for coming to my office, and doing my interview on a short notice, and also my message would be to all my fans, to live your life to the full, enjoy yourself, live for the day, its good to plan for the years to come, but should not sacrifice all the enjoynment and all the joy life has in store for you, just enjoy your life, mazay karain, and at the same time , i would like to say there is no shortcut for hardwork, there is no alternative, route kisi bhe jagah pohanchne keliye aapko, hardwork passion dedication motivation is very very important, and reach for the stars."

Interesting ahaan........... πŸ˜‰

I hardly read Atif Aslam's writting its so bad πŸ˜†

Thanks wini...... πŸ˜›
Thanks wini.
You can also get this kind of interviews from Pakheaven.com

yeah i saw atif's article earlier..n his writting is cute but not tht bad 😳 πŸ˜‰ Edited by buttercup - 17 years ago

Originally posted by buttercup

yeah i saw atif's article earlier..n his writting is cute but not tht bad 😳 πŸ˜‰

ya man his writing is just like himπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

and i love ur siggies buttercup......both atif and imran r looking so cute😳