1 crore

Rs 2 crore
Lifelines

Three

Four
Interaction

Non-interactive for TV viewers

Interactive with a 'play along option'
Entry calls Entry calls through only landline phones Landline, mobile and internet
Dressed Amitabh dressed formally Sports a younger look
You are eligible for KBC if
above 18 years old Indian national, resident of India
  • have no criminal record

How the entry calls are managed

Collected data of the registered calls from Airtel's 30 locations and BSNL's 30,000 telephone exchanges is pooled in Bangalore and Hyderabad respectively at 6 pm, when the lines are closed. Data from these two centres is forwarded to two locations in Mumbai.

The software randomly runs on the data and chooses 500 numbers (which are evenly distributed across marked 10 regions). Then the 500 selected numbers are called back, usually between 4 pm and 9 pm, and questions are posed in two rounds to ultimately get 100 numbers and then the 10 finalists compete for the hotseat. Auditors from KPMG monitor each stage for complete fair play.

• aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:25am | IP Logged
    Govt owned telecom companies too ride on KBC
    (Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 - 07:00 am)
    The Times of India
    It's raining revenues for telecom incumbents - MTNL and BSNL. Even before Kaun Banega Crorepati 2 (KBC2) could go on air, telecom companies have already struck the jackpot. It turns out that it's not only private service provider Airtel, that's earning a pretty penny. Government owned telecom companies, it seems are faring even better.

BSNL officials said that they have already raked in over Rs 4 crore or 32 lakh per day, just by routing KBC2's tele-voting calls from across the country. MTNL's revenues, in comparison was a modest Rs 45,000, during the first phase of KBC2's promotions.

BSNL received 14-18 lakh calls daily which netted them Rs 32 lakh at Rs 2 per call. While MTNL received 50,000 calls or an average of 5,000 calls per day, which earned it 90 paise per call, as per its revenue-sharing agreement with BSNL. So while MTNL made Rs 45,000, BSNL earned Rs 75,000 as rental for its infrastructure backbone to MTNL. In fact, when compared with private player Airtel, the state-owned telcos have got a better deal. Airtel, had to pay Star TV a certain fixed fee in exchange for the free publicity it gets during the KBC2 promos, a charge the telcos do not have to bear.

Not surprising then that BSNL has already invested Rs 150 crore and upgraded to intelligent networks, which enables it to handle traffic volumes as large as 18 million votes per hour, with ease.

The next step is investing in an intelligent network that would be able it to handle 50 million calls an hour. The intelligent networks which route tele-voting, and other such facilities, providing value added services to the existing networks have been installed by BSNL in seven cities - Hyderabad, Banglore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Eranakulam. Small towns and cities are the main source of the revenue for the telco, said observers.
    aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:50am | IP Logged
    Will the second run of Kaun Banega Crorepati deliver
    (Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 - 02:00 pm)
    Televisionpoint.com Team
    Star Plus is in dilemma about the success of Kaun Banega Crorepati 2, KBC 2, so as, right from the advent of television channels in India, no programme or serial in its second run has been able to meet success.

Be it the second series of the superhit serial Ramayana or Mahabharat, none of them worked with the audience. Star Plus had a superhit serial like Khulja Sim Sim with Aman Varma, one of its top programmes. However, its comeback with Hussain as the anchor failed to hook the audience.

The failure of some of the best television programmes has forced the Star Plus programming heads to think if Amitabh Bachchan's show KBC 2 will be able to break the myth and get equal attention as its original programme that gave MR bachchan's career a new lease of life.

Agrees creative director of Star Plus, Shailaja Kejriwal. She informs, "You are right in a way. When we restarted Khulja Sim Sim we didn't really get the same response from the audience. Although after we increased the prize money and look of the programme, it did help the show."

Kejriwal further says, "Besides, the times have changed and maybe KBC 2 will break the myth of programmes facing a doom in their second run. Also, unlike the earlier days no programme gets the kind of TRPs it used to get in those days but market share is very important today."
    aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:54am | IP Logged
    Amitabh Bachchan is poised to make one more grand slam in August 2005

Posted by
    Sawf News Connect on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 (EST)

Amitabh Bachchan will inaugurate his second season of Kaun Banega Crorepati (Umeed Se Dugna) on August 5, 2005. This time around, the show will have much more pizzazz and style. By Vimla Patil
    Sawf News Connect
    Amitabh Bachchan
    Amitabh Bachchan will inaugurate his second season of Kaun Banega Crorepati (Umeed Se Dugna) on August 5, 2005. This time around, the show will have much more pizzazz and style, say Star bosses because Amitabh is a mega successful superstar this time €" not the woebegone loser that he was when he presented the first season of the same show five years ago.

Mumbai: Jul 27, 2005/Sawf News Service/ -- With the launch of Kaun Banega Crorepati's second season on August 5, 2005, (Umeed Se Dugna with a prize money of Rs.2 crores!), Amitabh Bachchan is expected to touch the starriest heights of Bollywood fame and worldwide superstardom of the kind that no one has reached before him. The promos of the much-awaited programme are already hitting television screens with AB rapping away merrily to attract the attention of millions who will be glued to the screen. At present, he is busy shooting frantically to complete the first episodes of the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) game show (the 22nd episode is already being planned), which will be seen by millions across the world. "When the first season of KBC came, AB was a given up case; he was down and out!" say Star Plus bosses, "Now he is the biggest star of Bollywood, the star of the millennium." So the format, the attitude and the look all are bound to be absolutely fresh and different. This time around, the show is fast moving, has more attitude and questions will be aimed at the new generation of viewers. This is a scripted reality show. The winner this time is not someone who memorises general knowledge to answer questions. He/she will have to be well informed, well-read and be informed about current events and news.

Amitabh Bachchan, cool as a cucumber even in the sweaty monsoon season, says that this time around, he will do 81 episodes for the show. The look and feel as well as the design of show has been created by Star Plus consultants and I have to just do what they say. I hope I succeed as well as I did the last time. I know that I will enjoy the show tremendously.

Star Plus producer Siddharth Basu has contributed his ideas to the look and feel of the show. He saw the ensembles presented by designers Shantanu & Nikhil in this year's Lakme India Fashion Week and commissioned them to create AB's wardrobe for the show. "We have created a classy, cool and young look to reach out to the youth of the country," the designers say, "The fabrics for the wardrobe were imported from Australia, Italy and France. Comfort was the theme of the wardrobe. We have used leather jackets with aviator collars that are sporty in looks. There are linen denims, corduroys jackets, all in natural colours which are soothing and suit the personality of Mr. Bachchan, who is a style icon himself and has great taste which adds to the show."

aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:56am | IP Logged
    Kaun Banega Crorepati : Surprises Lined Up
    By Subhash K Jha
    Friday, 29 July , 2005, 09:58
    Fifth of August …9 p.m. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Star Plus once again hopes to eradicate all competition from other channels. Star Plus' Chief Operating Officer Samir Nair describes 'The Second Coming of KBC' as "The same show but everything changed…We're trying to do the equivalent of making Sholay 2. Is it possible, even if we pour double the resources and energy of the original? We at Star think it is possible. "Mr Bachchan's demenaour , image clothes, language and attitude will all be changed. See, when he first came on KBC five years ago he was down and out. Now he's the absolute emperor in every sense. AB is the ultimate rock star. And KBC will rock accordingly. To put it in a nutshell we go from the languid to the pacy."
    < name="" marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://www.sify.com/fullstoryad_.php?adtag=http://ads.sify.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/khp.sify.com/Island@Middle" Border=0 noResize width=315 scrolling=no height=250></>
    Says Mr Bachchan, "Well…the questions will be posed in a different way, that's for sure. Times have changed. Tastes have transformed. The people who watched KBC the first time have moved on. Hopefully they'll come back. And there's a whole new generation that would want to watch KBC. We're counting on them" When the epoch-making life-transforming game show came on in 2001 , Star Plus had a clientele of only 22 milion people. "Today we we're watched by 61 million people. There're 21 million landlines and 50 million mobile phones. We're gearing up for an all-out war," says Nair, hinting at Star's much talked-about plans to wipe out the headway made by rival channels through their talent-scouting shows like Sony's Indian Idol and Fame Gurukul and Zee's Challenge. "These are what I call 'scripted reality' shows, " sneers Samir Nair. "We at Star don't believe in doctored thrills. KBC is about to whittle down the competition. And we intend to broaden the horizon of participants. The potential guy on the hot seat is no longer the nerd who memorizes the Malayalam Manorama Year Book but the guy who reads the newspaper and is aware of the world around him. "I've asked my quiz producer Siddhartha Basu to make sure that the questions are not too niche….Listen, if the host has become the coolest dude in the country, then the guy in the hot seat had better match him."

The 'coolest dude' is as usual , unfazed. "I was committed to do 81 episodes. I'm doing them. The entire format of presentation, including my clothes, have been decided by Star. I'm just the guy opposite the hot seat. Will KBC be as successful this time as the last? Who knows? But I'm having a blast!"

aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:57am | IP Logged
    KBC 2's extra lifeline
    KBC 2 comes with one huge bonus this time. While a participant on the hot seat gets three lifelines through the game, it introduces yet another lifeline, Flip. The moment you think any one of the questions cannot be answered by you just ask for the Flip. The host will give you another question and that may be your answer to the jackpot. The three existing lifelines in the game can be used as and when the participant wants to, if need be even in the second or third question. However, Flip can be used by the contestant only when he/she crosses the first level and goes on to the sixth question. This question could be of the same genre as the previous one that was flipped or it could be a completely different one. With Flip, you can always hope to get it right....
    aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
    aries_sakshi
    aries_sakshi

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 11:44am | IP Logged
    'Coolest dude' Amitabh Bachchan makes KBC hotter Print this page..Print this page..
    By Subhash K. Jha, Indo-Asian News Service

Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) From Aug 5, "Kaun Banega Crorepati" (KBC) returns to the lives of millions of Indians, and STAR Plus hopes to eradicate all competition.

STAR Plus chief operating officer Samir Nair describes the second coming of KBC thus: "The same show with everything changed... We are trying to do the equivalent of making Sholay 2.

"Is it possible, even if we pour double the resources and energy of the original? We at STAR think it is."

Even the show's anchor Amitabh Bachchan -- now one of Bollywood's hottest stars despite his ripe 60s -- has changed in many ways.

Says Nair: "When he first came on KBC five years ago, he was down and out. Now he is the absolute emperor in every sense. AB is the ultimate rock star. And KBC will rock accordingly!"

Bachchan's demeanour, image, clothes, language and attitude will all change.

Bachchan, or the "Big B" as he is popularly known, lets on very little: "Well... the questions will be posed in a different way, that is for sure. Times have changed. Tastes have transformed. The people who watched KBC the first time have moved on.

"Hopefully they will come back. And there is a whole new generation that would want to watch KBC. We are counting on them."

When the epoch-making game show came on in 2000, STAR Plus had a clientele of only 22 million people.

"Today we are watched by 61 million people. There are 21 million landlines and 50 million mobile phones. We are gearing up for all out war," declared Nair, hinting at STAR's much-talked about plans to wipe out the headway made by rival channels through talent-scouting shows like Sony's "Indian Idol" and "Fame Gurukul" and Zee's "Challenge".

"These are what I call 'scripted reality' shows," sneers Nair.

"We at STAR don't believe in doctored thrills. KBC is about to whittle down the competition. And we intend to broaden the horizon of participants.

"I have asked my quiz producer Siddhartha Basu to make sure that the questions are not too niche... Listen, if the host has become the coolest dude in the country, then the guy in the hot seat had better match him."

The "coolest dude" is as usual, unfazed.

"I was committed to do 81 episodes. I am doing them. The entire format of presentation, including my clothes, has been decided by STAR. I'm just the guy opposite the hot seat. Will KBC be as successful this time as the last? Who knows? But I'm having a blast!"

chashmansujal Groupbie
    chashmansujal
    chashmansujal

Posted: 01 August 2005 at 8:02am | IP Logged

HI

CAN YOU TELL ME KBC 2 IS SHOWN IN PAKISTAN ON 5TH AUGUST AUR NOT ..

PLEASE TELL ME I WAIT YOUR REPLY I SHOWN ONLY IN INDIA .. AUR ITS SHOWN PAKISTAN ALSO THE SAME TIME AUR DATE

Go to top