Debate Mansion

Why IF Have More Population of Females? - Page 4

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 17 years ago
This content was originally posted by: umi82990

First of all I thank the man who made this site.

Now it's been proven throughout history that a woman runs/rules whatever the man makes. Same goes here. VJ made the site and the women run it. The 80% female population at IF is here only because women can sit down and watch six hours of non-stop TV while males can only watch TV for one hour at the most! We(females) will watch all this and then will discuss it like a school subject. On the other hand, males want to forget what they just watched.

It's a matter of nature and interest!
Great discussion though!πŸ˜‰

Well I think the male aka VJ got the best out of the female running and thumbs up to him. VJ Don't worry your not the only male round here. I am a male, I even make sigs. I don't see anything wrong in it. I realised that IF is female concentrated so I made sigs. I got the best out of making the sigs though since now I can design websites and am on a project too. I think like many would say here males are not as 'open' when it comes to Indian Television but that doesn't mean there are none of themπŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*dels* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Males like to read news, especially the sports news and they like to watch sports channel n every time they keep bets on which cricket team will win. They like to play Arcade games which is not in IF, so i think its the reason may be
anu_thegr8 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Naina_Manam

That's an interesting topic! And yes, I have wondered too since Vijay has created the forum but still we have more girls than guys, ironic naa? πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

πŸ˜† On a serious note, well, I do think that guys tend not to watch serials than girls do (although of course there are exceptions) See most of the guys I know would either watch sports/discovery/history/news channel or just go out and play sports or just go out with friends all the time.

Most aren't interested in what the saas bahu soaps have to offer today. And those who watch a few serials don't like to sit down and discuss them. You know, one of the weakness I find in boys is the lack of discussion skills 😳. So, they just watch it and then not be a part of a forum or they are just silent readers.

i completely agree on that guys  only like to watch all news n sports content channels  but i do know few people who watch it when they are mums put it on they initially dont approve of it but do get like to watch n i will say IF 's males population has increased more than it was earlier now why is that i feel the main reason is that the new trends  which originate from TV has actually influenced thier change in viewership also the introduction of reality shows kbc great indian laughter challenge indian idol etc has brought an increase in both the increase in IF male population n in male viewership

n yes there is a lil lack of discussion skills in men even for a important matter on ur house how many of our own brothers are actually intrested in discussing our lifes or even thiers  they simply lisn for 5 mins n  catch up with thier psps n mobiles atleast my brothers do that  n i have seen many too soo guys who arent intrested in discussing thier own  lifes or lifes of the people they care about why will they sit down to discuss  about  some characters life who actually doesnt exist πŸ˜•

another thing is that a lot of men have a superiority complex so they try n be tough n serials are most of the time women oriented which is one reason that they are not intrested as they feel they are superior n what women do as characters on tv is all crap n also i wud like 2 add guys have this kind of nature almost all of them is that they dunt open up ,be it thier thoughts thier feelings anythin they dont kind of open up to thier thoughts in public now why is that even i dont have an answer for that may be thier ego which is psychological believed to be very strong in men or may be in few thier superioriity complex πŸ˜•

n one last reason cud be men feel this forum is more with female population so they feel left out or different n uncomfortable to put front thier thoughts due to probability of being attacked by a lot of womenπŸ˜† or may be unacceptence of thier views by women πŸ˜•coz even today none of the either feel they are equal  ther are still majority of men who feel thier suuperior n a lot of women who are gradually being empowered majority who feel they are equal n few who feel they are superior so the high probabilty of contradiction is always there

hmm what do we too increase male population on IF well we can create some intresting  forum where men find it intrestinng to be

but personally speaking unless men feel comfortable in presence of majority of women , both treat eachoda with equal respects in thier hearts ,n males actually start treating the serials which prevail today in a different way i dun see the ratio being equal

what i mean by treating the serials in a different way means there is  a kind of myth that saas bahu serials or serials having the female lead on cover screen are all women oriented n full of family politics they most of the times but there are situations which give us a positive thought or solution even to males but they ultimately dun watch it (eg yudi's role in kzk qas quite inspiratonal of how he changes for the good)

so in a nutshell  until the treatment n point of view is not changed n until these myths are carried forward nothin can change not only at IF  in any field of life 😊

that was my long boring take on this whole topic 😊hope it was bearable πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

love

anu

PS: great topic n post butteru

contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome topic!
i dunno about anyone else's but most people..guyz and girls...are into sports esp my dad...he thinks that serials are nothing but crap and we get into argument...also i think guyz are a little intimidated by the 80%of the girls here..
idk...i think thats what it is😳
aishika_pyar_5 thumbnail

Great Topic hun.....Its mostly beacuse women would sit down and look at a soap oprea beacuse most females can realate to the stories and sometimes it could be whats going on in their lives and in the soaps its mostly about the females stories and only a woman can understand what another womans emotions are like.....While most men would say that the soaps are nothing but a waste of time but they only say that beacuse they dont understand it....And its the same on IF mostly women are on IF beacause its mostly ladies that watch these serials.....

Aishu

Edited by aishika_pyar_5 - 17 years ago
memsaab thumbnail
I think it is because  Women  watch  tv  soaps  more  than  Men.

honey_06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
great topic...
first let me thank VJ for starting  IF..
let me tell my view...
most males dont like discussing topics about indian soaps...they dont even agree the fact that they watch the indian soaps daily...my very own cousin brothers n friends who really see the serials due to their moms,sisters or wives never accept that they see it..i think they have some ego problem accepting the fact...
most guys see serials for good looking girls..but never tell it out..
when they dont wish to tell it itself how will they discuss it...
most males think that discussing about a daily soap is an unnecessary thing ...
anku2cute thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thnks vj fr starting dis forum..its our life

and abt men nt discussing its just dat dey gt bored by dis shows...and o top of it discussing it its nt their cup of tea...they wuld rather spend time on sports channels or games on d net or psps

go women go...we rock
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why IF has more females than males:

1) IF is an Indian TV Soaps/Shows Forum
2) Fewer males watch those shows than females
3) Even fewer males are crazy about those shows
4) Even fewer males would like to be surrounded by khatarnak πŸ˜† females in a forum...j/k πŸ˜†
5) And as IF has large no of female members, it attracts even more females bec'se those members tell their friends (mostly females) about IF.

Kaisi lagi meri theory? πŸ˜†
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SolidSnake

Why IF has more females than males:

1) IF is an Indian TV Soaps/Shows Forum
2) Fewer males watch those shows than females
3) Even fewer males are crazy about those shows
4) Even fewer males would like to be surrounded by khatarnak πŸ˜† females in a forum...j/k πŸ˜†
5) And as IF has large no of female members, it attracts even more females bec'se those members tell their friends (mostly females) about IF.

Kaisi lagi meri theory? πŸ˜†

Bhil kul...................................( You can fill the blankπŸ˜›)