Posted: 17 years ago

An Ex-pensive gift

Apparently Salman Khan will gift a heavily-worked sherwani to Abhishek Bachchan as a wedding present

Salman Khan seems to be a 'bade dilwala' in the true sense of the word. The buzz goes that Sallu has decided to gift a sherwani to Abhishek Bachchan as wedding present. Our khabroo says that Sallu is keen to be friends with AB Jr despite his betrothal to former sweetheart Aishwarya Rai.

Now that Sallu has been invited to the big, fat Bollywood reception, he may have thought of giving something special to the actor eager to take the vows with Ash. Apparently, Amitabh Bachchan personally called up Salim Khan to invite the entire family for the wedding reception. "Bhai thought of gifting something special to Abhishek and allegedly, asked a close designer friend to make a sherwani for him. He is going to spend a lot of money on the sherwani," says our source.

The sherwani will be ornate, and will have zardosi work. However, those who think that Abhishek might wear it for his shaadi need to hold their horses. A separate wedding outfit, commissioned by Jaya Bachchan, is being designed by Kolkata based designer Sharbari Dutta. "I am making a kurta for Abhishek's wedding, but I can't talk about it," says Dutta from Kolkata.

Sources close to Sallu say that he is yet in two minds about attending the reception. Most people thought that Sallu would not even make it to the guest list especially since his volatile behaviour with Aishwarya is public knowledge.  "Bhai is a very good person. He will never misbehave or do anything to hurt Amitji or Abhishek. People speculated that he would be invited. The Rais have not extended their invitation to the Khan family. However, Aishwarya Rai seems to be in the know," our source says.

When we contacted Salman's favourite designer Anna Singh for more details, she said, "Salman hasn't spoken to me about a sherwani for Abhishek." Designer Neeta Lulla too, refused to comment. "No comments. A wedding is too personal an event and I would not like to talk about it," said Neeta.

http://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mmpaper.aspx?page=article &sectid=30&contentid=20070330024653628bb9560f