College & University

How do you cope with Exam Pressure?

Posted: 17 years ago

I was just reading this article

New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) An 18-year girl allegedly committed suicide in southwest Delhi Saturday after failing thrice in Class 12 board exams, police said. http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=22089

And just felt so sorry for the girl that had felt so much pressure that she commited suicide as of failing her exams three times.😭

How do you cope with all the exam pressure and the pressure from parents to do well?  Because it's a classic phrase of parents especially my mother,

When i say 'oh mum, i got 99% in my Exam, she will comicly say, what happened to the other 1% 😳😆'

How do you cope with all the exam pressure and the pressure from parents to do well? Or do u just to the best that you can?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the link to the article!

Such things are becoming common place. The growing competition, parental pressure, growing expectations, lack of preperation for the exams and unrelitic goals of students themselves are to be blamed.

I think as far as students are concerned, they should set their own target m,arks and not go as per what their peers expect to get, because we all don't score the same ever! Then, they should look at studying in advance so that they don't painc right at the end!

AS far as the parents are concerned, they should not compare how their child fairs at school with the results of your neighbour's child, that is unfair cause every child isn't the same. Then, the parents should know what their kids are capable of and not expect magic in borads. If a child has been scoring 75% over the years, at the most he/she can reach 85%, they should not expect a 99% from their kid! They should also let the child decide when he/she wants to study because if you force a child to study when a child is in no mood, the study goes waste!

I guess that's about it!
kothra thumbnail
Lol..
Saira..good que..
I had never taken any pressure n stress for exams..i was dng my exams feel free n with no tensions
Junglee_Sher thumbnail
I don't take them too seriously, its part of life. I don't feel much pressure because if you feel too much underpressure, it will affect your studies
love_rucha thumbnail
jitna kam tension loge utna hi relax feel karoge...one shud chill before exam...and also after exam..
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Just do what I can..parents don't know how it feels to sit in the exam room and do the exam 😡