Sports/Cricket

Is cricket overtaking other sports? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

the coolest one

Goldie

the coolest one

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 10:14am | IP Logged
isnt that a rhetoric question:for indians at least

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is cricket overtaking other sports? (Page 2)" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 10:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Junglee_Sher

IF-Dazzler

Junglee_Sher

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by the coolest one

isnt that a rhetoric question:for indians at least

I  agree. You "should" ask, Has cricket overtaken other sports in India? not whether it is overtaking other sports in India??

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 11:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged

Yes Cricket has already overtaken other sportsOuch.In india the most effect sport is its national sport -Hockey.How many ppl even know that hockey is India's national game?Confused

Cricketers always remain in news & addvertisements whether they r palying worstConfused, on the other hand, even when players win gold or silver in Olympicsor asian games or win any match in other sports like tennis, polo, swimming etc.they get space only in the small news in the corner of newspaper and few lines on the TVnews sometimes not even thatOuch.

hardly 13-14 countries play cricket ( mostly teams r just kid like bangladesh)and participate in the world cup.but when Indian or pakistani team win just a normal match in any championship ppl react like they have win World cup of Football by beating 34-35 powerful teamsConfusedOuch

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 05 March 2007 at 12:55pm

nram

IF-Dazzler

nram

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
It may be correct for the sport of cricket taking over other sports more specifically in India and Pakistan, however, looking from a much bigger global perspective, football/soccer still dominates the world of sport. Football is played in all continents of the world including India as i can recall a recent visit by Indian national soccer team to my country. There is also a growing prominance of the sport of Rugby with growing number of countries introducing the sport in their respectiv countries.

Nevertheless, with growing emphasis of cricket together with the huge buzz of cricet world cup, it wont take much time before cricket becomes one of the top sports if not  "the" top sport.Clap

CaLiiZ*DiiMe

IF-Sizzlerz

CaLiiZ*DiiMe

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
theres a cricket fever in india pakistan n european countries but americans r yet to discover the magic of this sport
most americans dont know how to play cricket lol well i dont either but its only cuz cricket is not big at alllll in america i dont know the reason behind that but over here its more about basketball football n soccer Tongue
but i think cricket is a fascinating sport n i wish i knew more about it than just having a bat n a small ball LOL

ricky82

ricky82

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
hi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top