Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 04 March 2007 at 12:36am | IP Logged
what do you think of homework?
(Don't just say you don't want it? Explain why its helpful or busy work?)

Edited by datspreets - 16 March 2007 at 11:34pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your views on Homework" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 06 March 2007 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Ah those boaring homework daysOuch

Neway coming back to the point I believe homework does help to practice and review of previously teached material...also help to increase the critical thinking and understanding the topic.Over the long-term it can lead to better study habits, greater self-direction and self-descipline more inquisitiveness and independent problem solving and the development of study skills.Homework requires students to be independent learners to some extent.

On the negetive aspect is the loss of leisure activities....so I'd say home work is helpful but too much home work is not

Edited by angel_wings - 06 March 2007 at 12:20am

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Homework, homework, homework! Bad time to reply today since the whole week was so much homework, I am so worked up that I am actually mad AngryLOL

On a serious note, yes, I do believe that homework is really helpful! It lets us assess what we have learned in the classroom and practice our skills which is necessary as it is said practice makes perfect.

But I think all the teachers should also consider before giving homework that too much is just gonna have the students stay away from it and that doesn't help at all. They have to understand that we have 8 other classes as well and should be a little flexible since we have our lives full of activities too.

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
hw is unnecessary.i spend like 7- 8 hours in school..i think thats more then enough time to learn or practice something.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 16 March 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel_wings

On the negetive aspect is the loss of leisure activities....so I'd say home work is helpful but too much home work is not

Just my views too. Everything in moderation has a positive effect including homewrok, but overdo it and the negative aspects start to show.

While homework is important to make students revise what they learn as well as evaluate how well they can reproduce what they've learnt. But too much homework puts unnecessary stress on students and they start to dislike it and not do it with full heart.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top