Karam Apnaa Apnaa

India-Forums

Short FF: Crossroads - Completed

sareeta IF-Sizzlerz
sareeta
sareeta

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 3:31am | IP Logged

Hello Everyone,

Lying in my bedroom , watching the sunset , listening to my favourite song, a vivid picture .. loomed up afore my eyes and it had a story of its own to say and I thought I'd pen the story down and share it with ya'll.

I have jus penned the intial thoughts and even as I am typing this post and I am working on the idea , but I would want to know, if you all would want me to continue with it and share it here...

The picture I had in my mind was of jus one man... and his thoughts... and I could think of Mr IQ as Shiv and could picture him... enacting it all out... and so the story goes....

Crossroads:

Crossroads...the word had always given him a strange sense of deja vu... what was it he had wondered... perhaps the way it felt when he said it aloud... the vivid picture , a figment of his imagination, that would loom afore his eyes , as he said the word... perhaps... a future that lay ahead.... perhaps... jus perhaps....

He knew not , what it was that connected him to it, but the word , was never a mere word for him... he could relive the feeling , anytime , he said the word...

Lying afore ... on a scrap of a paper on the table ... scrawled was the word... Crossroads... in crystal blue, his favourite color of ink...in his own handwriting , in a threadlike manner ...and it seemed to him for the very first time... like he was watching the waves of the sea.... as he read and re read the word....a strange sense of calm filling him... the cool ocean breeze... sending a chill through... as he relived the moments... shifting his gaze from the words scrawled to the window ahead... the crimson sun smiling over the city skyline ... waving a goodbye... through grey clouds.....

Setting Sun....it had always been .... what had calmed his restless soul , his restless mind.... it had epitomized... for him through the years, the sense of being home... at peace... of being complete....

Lost in thought , watching the crimson sun... a faint smile spreading across his face... he got up....and momentarily glanced back at the scrap of paper... and ran his fingers over the letters... and he could hear her whisper his name... in his ear......as he slowly placed the scrap of paper in his diary on the table and slowly walked to window... one hand in his trouser pocket... ruffling his hair with the other..... staring ahead... at the evening sky.....

Moments passed ... as he stood there lost in thought, leaning over the window sill.... watching the last glimpse of the crimson sun... disappear over the horizon into the grey sky.... and he closed his eyes.... as he whispered aloud, opening his eyes .... "Maine der kardi.... Maine bahut der kardi...." staring into gray sky...hoping against hope that she could hear him... wishing desperately ... for one glimpse of her... jus one moment..... jus one breath to be with her... to tell her... all that had been left unsaid...

Turning around ... he walked back to the table... opening the diary... and stared at those letters across that scrap of paper.... like the waves of ocean that reflected the surrounding dark silence... , so did the letters reflect the vaccum in his life... a seemless vaccum it was .. for several years now.... and yet as he stood there.... reminiscing her thoughts... he couldnt suppress a smile.... and he turned his gaze towards the wall.... and there she was ... lost in thought.. smiling to herself..... the coy smile... that soothed his soul... like the gentle summer breeze......

Capture a moment in time, he had... of her... so unaware of his presence... as she sat there in watching the sunset... the gentle evening breeze... blowing through her hair... as her skin glowed under the warm evening sun....

Dressed in a deep red saree sans make up, she looked divine.... a moment was all it had taken ... to stop him in his tracks... when he looked at her.... and instincitvely... tiptoed out , to grab his camera and capture that very moment in time.... she had, he remembered taken his breath away.... and he had thought to himself... "Angelic.. she looks like an angel... "

And as he stared back at the lady in red... in the picture... he whispered back... "You are my angel...."...as he ran his fingers over the picture....over her face.. , through her hair... and he could feel ..... her... like he had... always ....

Stand there in silence, he did... watching her... sharing a moment... their moment... for he could feel her , jus as she did, that very moment... miles away... watching the sunset... thinking of him... as a tear escaped her eye....

A note by the bedside .... was all that she had left ... and she was gone... like the rainbow that fades into the dark cloudy sky... she was gone. Every effort of his, had been vain...

"Truth shall set you free..."... he believed... so he had... decided to... face the truth .... and so he did. It had set him free of the guilt... of a burdened heart... of the searing pain.... that her unquestioning eyes would tear through his heart.... but bound he would remain... by the chains around his heart... a lonesome soul... longing ... for a love forgone .......

Many a mistake, faith misused, many a tear shed in the name of unrequited love... many a smile, that faded into painful sighs... the walls echoed them all... through the years... the memories mocking.... of a lonesome life...

The clock chimed nine, breaking his trance... as he looked back at the scrap of paper on his diary.... caressing it... with his fingers.... feeling the letters... the essence of it all....

Ironical it seemed , years later... when memories seemed to have faded with time... and truths buried behind the muted walls....that the word Crossroads reflected the picture of his life....and he seemed to connect to the word.. stronger than he had ever before... as read the word... his thoughts looming as  a vivid picture.. afore him...

"Standing lonesome...the dark clouds... looming over the setting crimson sun...the cool breeze of the summer evening turning , harsh and biting and the paths afore ... fading into the the dark night...  "

At crosswords he was , of misinterpreted emotions, a lost love, unquenched thirst, on the verge of embracing a forced relation... in complete darkness,  yet blinded he was not, for he had finally embraced the truth of his life... the very essence of his being... he had .... chosen his path.... his destiny...

Lone he would remain... but lonesome shall he not be... walk on he would... holding her close... her memories... that his heart holds dear.....he had chosen his path....unaware ... of the moments ... around the corner... that would change it all..............

The ghosts of the dark years faded away ... as he ,shifting his gaze from his diary, slowly... picked up the unopened letter, that had caught his attention .. atop the letter pile on his table... the handwriting vaguely familiar... yet a strange anxiety filling his entire being... and almost instinctively... holds the letter closer... and feeling the same faint lingering fragrance... he momentarily holds his breath....the forgone memories flooding back afore him... at a dizzying pace... desperately wishing it was true...

Like a shadow of the night , she had been... through the dark lonesome years... her memories leading him on... like the songbird... elusive and haunting...and it seemed strangely now, she wasnt anymore...

Overcome completely by an overwhelming anxiety.... , with trembling hands... he opened the letter.... anxiety turning into euphoria... nothwithstanding the escatatic feeling... slumping into the chair..... staring at the letter..... his eyes brimming with tears, threating escape his longing eyes........as he read the blurred words through moist eyes...

"Na hokar bhi , hone ka ehsaas dilaati hai , yaadein , toote , bhikre rishton ke... yaadon ke sahaare zindagi jeeye jaate hai kai,suna hai... par bikhre rishton ke yaadon ke sahaare... zindagi ... guzaaari bhi tho nahin jaati.... "

There was no sign ...no name... yet he knew... jus as she knew he would...much was left unsaid, unspoken... between them...yet they had felt each other , every waking moment... longing to be together... bound by the chains around their hearts.....

"Aaapki amaanat ... reh gayi thi... lauta rahi hoon....Aapko shaadi mubaarak...." , he had read the words ....feeling a mixture of emotions.... she was far away... yet she was jus a thought away..... "aapki amaanat...."... the words echoed....he slipped the contents of the cover of the table and almost instinctively placed his palm under the cover... suddenly realizing what it would be... as the wedding ring slipped onto his palm.... caressing the solitaire studded ring... he held it tight with his fingers.... and kissed it...

He stared again at those words on the letter in his hand.... a searing pain tearing through his heart.... she had waited .... she had waited.... waited ... all these years..... jus as he had....

With a determined look.... he walked over to the window... staring into the star studded sky.... and glancing back... at the solitaire ring... he dialled the number on the cover.....

After what seeemed an endless moment...at the click of the line...

"Hello"... he spoke hesitatingly...

"Hello..." the voice made his heart skip a beat....

Silence ensued....

"Hello..." her voice echoed...in his ears... as he let the moment seep in....

Silence ensued , memories of the moments forgone...flooding back... as they stood frozen in time, and two estranged hearts .... spoke in silence... betrayals forgiven... pained hearts seeking solace... in one another... vows of life , vowed unto one another in silence, yet again and tired longing eyes giving way as unshed tears buried deep... flowed endlessly...in silence...as the long unshed tears washed away the pain.... when he broke the silence....

"Ab ye adhuri zindagi gawaara nahin mujhe...meri is adhuri si zindagi ko poora kardo Gauri..."

And so the dark night faded away .... as the warm winter sun... smiled through the glommy sky... for two estranged hearts had found their way into each other... together they were ... in thought and soul... and together they were meant to be.....

"Lone at the crossroads , I stood... but no more I stand lost, for I have chosen the path that leads unto thee..."

-Sareeta

Edited by sareeta - 04 March 2007 at 9:30pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shockalot

metou* IF-Dazzler
metou*
metou*

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 3:46am | IP Logged
diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...i am so happy that i am the first one to reply Big smile because this ff is amazing i definitely want u to continue...its amazingly fabulous Clap

di yeh kya baat hai? kabhi video mixes, to kabhi poems aur ab ff's...itna talent Clap Clap Clap

plz do continue soon Big smile

luv metoubearscrazy Smile
LadyZaib IF-Rockerz
LadyZaib
LadyZaib

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Clap Clap continue jaaaaaan! awesome!
jiya imdad Goldie
jiya imdad
jiya imdad

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 3:57am | IP Logged
wow sareeta dii nice preview , although it didn't give a clear concept of the story but the preview seems quite interesting , and i love ur writing skills so i would like u to continue with it Embarrassed
sareeta IF-Sizzlerz
sareeta
sareeta

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 4:16am | IP Logged
Updated ... Smile
jiya imdad Goldie
jiya imdad
jiya imdad

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 5:05am | IP Logged
i just read the update , it's awesome Embarrassed, he's missing her but she's not with him Cry
can't wait to know what happened that drew them apart.
continue soon Big smile
ana13 Senior Member
ana13
ana13

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Hey sareeta di............tha preview was awesum.....plzzz du cont. sooon
t.c
anika22 Senior Member
anika22
anika22

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 5:35am | IP Logged
i was seriously left breathless after readin the preview........it was fabulous di and i really want you to continue....

i know that i'm goin to love this one just the way i loved ur previous ff....

thank you for decidin to write this one!!!

Go to top