Caught in the act ?

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
How does it feel to be contradicting with one self? 

I am sure it happens to most of us on a spiritual level, every now and then.  Our texts and our faith make us question some beliefs every once in a while, while we try to be steadfast to our beliefs at most other times.   But here, I am asking a question pertaining to our views about a movie / about a debate topic / a race / a nationality / political situation/ reaction to something in life

We all love to bump threads and read our own views from before.  We had a discussion about that earlier how entertaining it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  It is fun when we ask ourselves " what was I thinking" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But if someone catches us preaching something else one day and doing exactly opposite?  

Can people and their views change and become exactly opposite overnight?  

We do have great examples of Maharshi Valmiki (ramayan), or Mahatma Gandhiji.  But can sainthood happen overnight?  

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhilwara thumbnail
Caught in the act ?
oh ya! 'been there done that! this Churchill quote best describes my reaction..."Men often stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened." πŸ˜‰
lighthouse thumbnail

DEL... 😊Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago

This was my reaction to the subject of this thread 😲😲. I thought what happened to the DM intellect QT. Now after reading the content I think it is profound.πŸ‘

A simple answer to your question would be a NO. Change is gradual. People or situations don't change overnight but there can be exceptions. A sudden realization of gaffe could compel a person to broaden his perspective suddenly but still he will have a long way to attain it in wholly.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
I think so too Maya.
I think that people sometimes pretend to have changed their viewpoint overnight, either not to appear opinionated, or to avoid confrontation (some of my family members) but for the real change to sink in, it takes a while!     

But even if they pretend, it is one step towards a change and hence can be appreciated.
This reminds me of the post made by BHILWARA about MILs in jails.. This is what I wish. These MILs cannot change overnight. But sitting behind bars, perhaps, they can ask themselves how to change. Over a period of time, we may have a changed society with less abuse.
(and the DILs who illtreat and wrongly accuse also should seriously get a spiritual rinsing 🀒 )

Overnight changes in thought process can happen in case of fans of actors though.. HR became an overnight hit after KNPH πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and a hit yet again with D2.
Multiple justifiable o/n changes in female brains there
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhilwara

Caught in the act ?
oh ya! 'been there done that! this Churchill quote best describes my reaction..."Men often stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened." πŸ˜‰

haha..  the softspoken and rarely spoken-  but always well-spoken

why are you so brilliant?  please can you share the secret? πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes this is veri much possible with third person thinking abilities... 😊 Dont involve in your thoughts and there is a good amount of fluidity in thinking... 😊
Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Overnight changes in thought process can happen in case of fans of actors though.. HR became an overnight hit after KNPH πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and a hit yet again with D2.
Multiple justifiable o/n changes in female brains there

What's so funny QT about him becoming a hit?😑

I will not criticise, but bash you up and then boycott you too if you so much as hint at something unsavoury about HRπŸ˜³πŸ˜†.... I will have something to say about Mr. Tree's Souten thenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

How does it feel to be contradicting with one self? 

I am sure it happens to most of us on a spiritual level, every now and then.  Our texts and our faith make us question some beliefs every once in a while, while we try to be steadfast to our beliefs at most other times.   But here, I am asking a question pertaining to our views about a movie / about a debate topic / a race / a nationality / political situation/ reaction to something in life

We all love to bump threads and read our own views from before.  We had a discussion about that earlier how entertaining it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  It is fun when we ask ourselves " what was I thinking" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But if someone catches us preaching something else one day and doing exactly opposite?  

Can people and their views change and become exactly opposite overnight?  

We do have great examples of Maharshi Valmiki (ramayan), or Mahatma Gandhiji.  But can sainthood happen overnight?  

Now back to the topic:

Yes, it has happened in the past when I have been caught in the act of practising something opoosite of what I preach.... Not a pleasant situation to be in😳 But it was something pretty inconsequential, so hardly matters.

But for things that matter, I don't think there can be a change in opinions overnight. It takes centuries for the society to evolve, so it must take atleast a few days/weeks for humans to bring about a change in their thinking. I don't think it's possible to wake up fine day and view the world from a diametrically opposite perspective... I haven't experienced it but I think Spiritual enlightenment might bring about overnight change in thinking, but then again unless we start practising what we are preaching/thinking, what's the point of such enlightenment

So sainthood cannot happen overnight... I think either u r born a saint πŸ˜‰ or your life experiences over a period of time turn you into one, (provided it didn't turn you into the opposite firstπŸ˜‰)

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Seriously first reaction to the topic was - where are the cameras in my house LOL πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

RE: Your Post - well I consider each action or view to be subjected to current state of mind or maturity level or hidden facts. Later when things are clear or factual I do realize the mistakes (if any) and take corrective actions, and by default make a note in the lesson life teach notepad.

But if pursuing a thought process based on some factual information I stick with it, to justify my thoughts orelse they might feel betrayed or left out πŸ˜† πŸ˜† omg why I cann't be serious in life πŸ˜• πŸ˜†