Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
How does it feel to be contradicting with one self? 

I am sure it happens to most of us on a spiritual level, every now and then.  Our texts and our faith make us question some beliefs every once in a while, while we try to be steadfast to our beliefs at most other times.   But here, I am asking a question pertaining to our views about a movie / about a debate topic / a race / a nationality / political situation/ reaction to something in life

We all love to bump threads and read our own views from before.  We had a discussion about that earlier how entertaining it LOLLOL  It is fun when we ask ourselves " what was I thinking" LOLLOL

But if someone catches us preaching something else one day and doing exactly opposite?  

Can people and their views change and become exactly opposite overnight?  

We do have great examples of Maharshi Valmiki (ramayan), or Mahatma Gandhiji.  But can sainthood happen overnight?  

Edited by mermaid_QT - 27 February 2007 at 3:22pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Caught in the act ?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bhilwara

bhilwara

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Caught in the act ?
oh ya! 'been there done that! this Churchill quote best describes my reaction..."Men often stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened." Wink

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 4:54pm | IP Logged

DEL... Smile

Edited by lighthouse - 27 February 2007 at 5:54pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
I think so too Maya.
I think that people sometimes pretend to have changed their viewpoint overnight, either not to appear opinionated, or to avoid confrontation (some of my family members) but for the real change to sink in, it takes a while!     

But even if they pretend, it is one step towards a change and hence can be appreciated.
This reminds me of the post made by BHILWARA about MILs in jails.. This is what I wish. These MILs cannot change overnight. But sitting behind bars, perhaps, they can ask themselves how to change. Over a period of time, we may have a changed society with less abuse.
(and the DILs who illtreat and wrongly accuse also should seriously get a spiritual rinsing Dead )

Overnight changes in thought process can happen in case of fans of actors though.. HR became an overnight hit after KNPH LOL LOL and a hit yet again with D2.
Multiple justifiable o/n changes in female brains there

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhilwara

Caught in the act ?
oh ya! 'been there done that! this Churchill quote best describes my reaction..."Men often stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened." Wink

haha..  the softspoken and rarely spoken-  but always well-spoken

why are you so brilliant?  please can you share the secret? LOLLOL 

Edited by mermaid_QT - 27 February 2007 at 6:32pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Yes this is veri much possible with third person thinking abilities... Smile Dont involve in your thoughts and there is a good amount of fluidity in thinking... Smile

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Overnight changes in thought process can happen in case of fans of actors though.. HR became an overnight hit after KNPH LOL LOL and a hit yet again with D2.
Multiple justifiable o/n changes in female brains there

What's so funny QT about him becoming a hit?Angry

I will not criticise, but bash you up and then boycott you too if you so much as hint at something unsavoury about HREmbarrassedLOL.... I will have something to say about Mr. Tree's Souten thenWinkLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top