Recipes (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 196

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 9:57am | IP Logged
You are right Pat, mealmaker.We are vegetarians for most of the days.This saturday is fullmoon. For breakfast I will be cooking Ven ponggal,sambar and vadai.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recipes (Page 5)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Same here, for full moon I cook vegetarian dishes, pongal and vadai. As it is saturday - I would be cooking more dishes as there is time

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Soopperrooo soooper!

Your contributions are awesome here.. Kavitha, Pat and Caryn (not necessarily in that order) Smile

The only dish I know to make with Tofu is the Thai red curry, which I make using the red curry paste and coconut milk. But now, I have a handful of tofu recipes to try out. Thanks to you, Caryn and Pat.

Sweet Caryn, thanks for clarifying my questions. But dumb me, still don't know hot to make Egg kolambu - not the boiled one, but the scrambled one that one puts in Kolambu. (My husband totally loves this, but the one time I made it, he said it was puke inducing), I have to agree it looked horrendous, although it didn't taste that bad. LOL

OK more clarifications needed please - Do I put the egg mixture with salt and chilli powder in the baking dish and bake it for ? minutes and at what ? Fahrenheit? Is this process called steaming? Please help. I really do want to try it soon. Thanks, Caryn.
If this is going to be too much to explain, can any one tell me how to make scrambled egg kolambu with the eggs maintaining shape, at least until it is served Big smile

Kavitha, home tried 'Meal maker' recipes are also evading me for a while. If your next recipe is the meal maker one in the picture, I would be grateful.

usha_pooja

IF-Dazzler

usha_pooja

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
yum yum yum for my tummy!!!! I turning hungry

Aanteek

Goldie

Aanteek

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Thanks Pat for the yummy veg. Thai recipe. I love Thai and will try it soon. Thanks Kavi, you are doing excellent job with pictures. Clap

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks Pat for your suggestion for my noodles question on Page 4. Smile
Wow, with in a day we got moved to page 8 on this thread.... All lovely recipes! Yum, Yumm... Tongue Will post my veggie noodles for sure when I make it for the party this weekend.

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
wow, i just discovered this thread..some amazing recipes here, thanks to you all.
i was wondering if any of you have paneer recipes..being sri lankan, we dont cook it but i fell in love with paneer a few years back, and as me and my dad are the only vegetarians in the house, it would be nice for us to have something different LOL
oh, and the pics look yummy, i cant wait to try some of these out!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 9:17pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Kavitha Ravi

PUMPKIN PULI CURRY

My favourite Kavi.  We do this often at home.  Although never did with fenugreek powder, peragayam powder and sugar.  My dad hates sugar in his food.  So I will try your dish without sugar.

Thanks.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top