Recipes (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 196

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Oh my dears Pat and Caryn, thanks for coming to my rescue. I am sure I will not be able to handle all these alone. Thanks again
Everyone should be happy because these are all home tested recipes. So folks roll on with home tested recipes.Thanks.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recipes (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Dear Rhodes, I still owe you the fish curry recipe.
Coming soon.

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:09am | IP Logged
SAMBAR SAATHAM

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:34am | IP Logged
We do get firm and extra firm tofu here, but when I try to squeeze out as much water out of it as I can, it breaks when I'm sauteing.
No need to squeeze the water out on firm tofus Jenim. You can leave them on a kitchen towel and it gets sucked. Tofu do break no matter how careful you are. So either you lightly fry them or deep fry them. Or use non stick pan. But that doesn't guarantee as well.
You should add tofu, a few minutes before you want dish out to the plate. Remember tofu is already a cooked item, there is no need for extra cooking

In ur recipe, about substituting eggs instead of tofu, I just want to clarify:

1) when using boiled eggs - did you mean slit the sides of the eggs with a knife, before putting it in kolambu - not sure? Yes, slits the sides. Sorry
2) when using scrambled eggs - Is this how I'm supposed to do it?
Like, saute onions and scramble the eggs, add salt. After this, how do I steam it ?
Sorry for not giving proper instructions. Use raw onions if you can stand the smell otherwise, slightly saut them or just leave it out. Beat eggs, a bit of chilli and tumeric powder and salt together. Pour in a baking dish. Steam until soft but firm. Say about 8-10 mins. Add to the kolambu, just about 5 mins before shutting off the flame.
I have never done this before - so if you can explain the process of steaming scrambled eggs, it would be helpful. Sorry I gave a wrong impression but follow the method I gave above.

OK one more question - Do you have to boil potato prior to putting it in the Kolambu or do you let the potato cook in the tamarind juice? No need to boil first. Just add to tamarind water. Remember it will take time to cook potatoes if you add to tamarind juice first.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions if you are still not sure. Good luck.

Edited by Caryn - 01 March 2007 at 1:36am

Kavitha Ravi

IF-Dazzler

Kavitha Ravi

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Ammadi Caryn, your descriptions are fantastic.
Keep on writing Caryn.

Edited by Kavitha Ravi - 01 March 2007 at 1:50am

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Guys, my sincere apologies if you don't understand my recipe. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts.

My problem is I am doing this during my office hour and so I am writing in speed, hence i can go haywire. Sorry.   Embarrassed

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Kavitha Ravi

Ammadi Caryn, your descriptions are fantastic.
Keep on writing Caryn.

That was quick Kavitha.  Thanks.  But hats off to you, for brilliant presentation and well written recipe. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top