Page 1
Page   of 196
Page 3 Page 196

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Hi Kavitha and others...

After Sangeeta's B day interview ( march 11th) this topic will be made into a sticky one and that B day topic will be closed.......

Just for your info....buddies

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recipes (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 10:59am | IP Logged
all my recipes will come after I reach home.....

I am a good cook too........(?????)

patraj

IF-Dazzler

patraj

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Kavita, the CKT recipe is the same except I add chicken. Like you, we don't eat sausage and cockels.

Pat.

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Wow! That's an awesome cake Kavitha. Good one to start the topic and thanks for adding this 'Recipes' topic in IF. Actually I too have a love for cooking and am glad to find this topic in here!! Smile Will post some when I get some time to take a picture and do a write-up. Wink

But for now, I have a question for you all, Good cooks out there. Tongue
To make chinese noodles what kind of noodles, do you all use? I use the Egg noodles (big flat swril kind) available at Kroger/Publix. Very easy kind to use. Just boil them over in hot water and drain and add it to the sauted veggies along with Soy sauce, GG paste, Chilli sauce.

But this time I wanted to make this dish for a potluck party where some of my friends are pure vegetarian. So I am looking for a Vegeterian noodles... Any suggestions?! Thanks in advance. Tongue

rhodes

rhodes

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks everybody for the delicious recipes..

Aanteek

Goldie

Aanteek

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Thanks for all the yummy recipes. Please post some vegterian receipes too.

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Wow.. You guys are fabulous!

Before I realize what's going on, you are already on Pg.5 with your recipes. They all look good, except that I can't try some of these as I'm eggitarian (i.e. Vege & eggs).

Some of you posting Malaysian recipes, can you please tell me if I can substitute tofu wherever you've mentioned chicken? If not, do you guys have any tofu recipes? My family loves tofu.

Tofu question : The tofu that comes packaged in boxes (like Nasoya tofu sold in supermarkets) comes with a lot of water. If I simply drain the water and gently squeeze out the extra water, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to fry/cook and the flavor of the sauce is not absorbed into tofu because of the water content in tofu.
If I place a weight over the block of tofu for a while, then more water get squeezed out, but the tofu breaks into tiny pieces when I'm cooking. How do I get the tofu to be cooked and taste like they have in restaurants? Any ideas?

Ooh.. one more Q - Where is lemon grass sold in the US? Does it come in dried form in packaged containers?

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 8:57pm | IP Logged

Thanks a bunch, Caryn.

This Tofu dish sounds like a promising recipe for the weekend.

We do get firm and extra firm tofu here, but when I try to squeeze out as much water out of it as I can, it breaks when I'm sauteing.

Originally posted by Caryn

you can also add hard boiled eggs instead of tofu. Before putting in the eggs, just scorch four sides of the eggs with a knife. Or you can add steamed eggs. Just scramble the eggs, add salt and onions. Steam the eggs until firm. Cut and add to kolumbu.

In ur recipe, about substituting eggs instead of tofu, I just want to clarify:

1) when using boiled eggs - did you mean slit the sides of the eggs with a knife, before putting it in kolambu - not sure?

2) when using scrambled eggs - Is this how I'm supposed to do it?
Like, saute onions and scramble the eggs, add salt. After this, how do I steam it ?

I have never done this before - so if you can explain the process of steaming scrambled eggs, it would be helpful. Also do you do this, because steaming after scrambling, gives it a harder texture so it won't break when you put it in boiling kolambu?

OK one more question - Do you have to boil potato prior to putting it in the Kolambu or do you let the potato cook in the tamarind juice?

Edited by jenim - 28 February 2007 at 11:30pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top