Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavitha Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
You are right Pat, mealmaker.We are vegetarians for most of the days.This saturday is fullmoon. For breakfast I will be cooking Ven ponggal,sambar and vadai.
patraj thumbnail
Same here, for full moon I cook vegetarian dishes, pongal and vadai. As it is saturday - I would be cooking more dishes as there is time
jenim thumbnail
Soopperrooo soooper!

Your contributions are awesome here.. Kavitha, Pat and Caryn (not necessarily in that order) 😊

The only dish I know to make with Tofu is the Thai red curry, which I make using the red curry paste and coconut milk. But now, I have a handful of tofu recipes to try out. Thanks to you, Caryn and Pat.

Sweet Caryn, thanks for clarifying my questions. But dumb me, still don't know hot to make Egg kolambu - not the boiled one, but the scrambled one that one puts in Kolambu. (My husband totally loves this, but the one time I made it, he said it was puke inducing), I have to agree it looked horrendous, although it didn't taste that bad. 😆

OK more clarifications needed please - Do I put the egg mixture with salt and chilli powder in the baking dish and bake it for ? minutes and at what ? Fahrenheit? Is this process called steaming? Please help. I really do want to try it soon. Thanks, Caryn.
If this is going to be too much to explain, can any one tell me how to make scrambled egg kolambu with the eggs maintaining shape, at least until it is served 😃

Kavitha, home tried 'Meal maker' recipes are also evading me for a while. If your next recipe is the meal maker one in the picture, I would be grateful.
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yum yum yum for my tummy!!!! I turning hungry
Aanteek thumbnail
Thanks Pat for the yummy veg. Thai recipe. I love Thai and will try it soon. Thanks Kavi, you are doing excellent job with pictures. 👏
supree thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Pat for your suggestion for my noodles question on Page 4. 😊
Wow, with in a day we got moved to page 8 on this thread.... All lovely recipes! Yum, Yumm... 😛 Will post my veggie noodles for sure when I make it for the party this weekend.
brinny_g thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow, i just discovered this thread..some amazing recipes here, thanks to you all.
i was wondering if any of you have paneer recipes..being sri lankan, we dont cook it but i fell in love with paneer a few years back, and as me and my dad are the only vegetarians in the house, it would be nice for us to have something different 😆
oh, and the pics look yummy, i cant wait to try some of these out!
Caryn thumbnail

My favourite Kavi.  We do this often at home.  Although never did with fenugreek powder, peragayam powder and sugar.  My dad hates sugar in his food.  So I will try your dish without sugar.

Thanks.

Kavitha Ravi thumbnail
Caryn I did not answer Jenim's question because I know you can explain better.
Your recipes are very nice. We too do all these tofu dishes often in our house.
Caryn, a tinge of sugar really brings out the taste in the puli curry.

I think Brinny can subtitute panner for tofu in all the dishes. The taste of panner will be creamy.

Caryn, have you heard about "Seem paal" The first milk after a calf is born. You know it so difficult to get it nowadays. My M.I.Law makes this artificial seem paal and would give to her guests as dessert.
Her guests would be surprised as to where she gets that amount of milk.
supras thumbnail
can u give the recipie of that Kavi?