Debate Mansion

Filmfare Awards ..R They Fair...

CuteFairy91 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Hi.

I think there were lots of actors, actresses and movies which deserved awards.. They didnt even bother to nominate them. I mean what is that all about.

What do you think?

They hardly nomiated Door or Jaaneman.. They have the same actors for all of them. I mean example Aish for Best Actres.. What is dat about???? How abt Ayesha from Dorr. N What about Srk from Kank wat was so special abt him to nomiate him for that category. I am not offending anyone but I think it is just not fair.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Filmfare award takes into account the commercial success of a movie along with the performances. In the National Awards only the performance is taken into account and the film can be of any language, Hindi or regional.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: CuteFairy91

Hi.

I think there were lots of actors, actresses and movies which deserved awards.. They didnt even bother to nominate them. I mean what is that all about.

What do you think?

They hardly nomiated Door or Jaaneman.. They have the same actors for all of them. I mean example Aish for Best Actres.. What is dat about???? How abt Ayesha from Dorr. N What about Srk from Kank wat was so special abt him to nomiate him for that category. I am not offending anyone but I think it is just not fair.

u even remember the name Jaaneman. I dont think it was worth a nomination????..and why was Dor shown the Door.. I think only critics open doors for such movies... You have to realize nominations have to reflect a general success, dor wasnt as successful, Infact i didnt evn know this name until i googled it now.

Agreed sometimes these awards suck up to SRK and Rani and the elite lot... but so do the people I mean can you compare the success of KANK and Dor...

I think Filmfare is the fairest them all, zee manipulates a lot....dont know about others...just my opinion...

mansvita thumbnail
I think they are fare enough and as we all know that it is hard to satisfy everybody and we all have difference of opinions so awards always bring some contradictions.
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I was very dissapointed with the awards yesterday and some of the winners .

In my opinion , Khosla ka Ghosla , Being Cyrus , Dor and even Gangster were some of the best movies of 2006 yet these films werent even nominated in some of the categories .

I mean Shiney Ahuja wasnt nominated for his role in gangster wheras Sanju baba was for MunnaBhai when he didnt even have to act in the movie .

Ayesha Takia wasnt even nominated when her role was more powerful and well acted out than an ASH who dint have to do anything in D2 except for speaking in her fake accent and a dance number and, she gets nominated .

Daler Mehndi wasnt even nominted for his rendition of RDB song which i found to be completely unfair , I also though Ya Ali singer deserved it more than Shaan although Shaan is my favourite .

Pritam wasnt even nominated in the best Music director category while shankar ehsan loy get two nomination which was totally unfair .

Akshay kumar wasnt nominated in the best actor category or atleast in the best actor in a comic role category when he did an awesome job in Garam Masala , if sanjay Dutt can be nominated for the best actor for Lage Raho, why not Akshay Kumar

Hrithik is my fav and he did an awesome job in D2 and Krish but do u think he really deserved the award for the best actor for D2 . Why wasnt Ajay Devgan nominated for Omkara and the movie too didnt get any award exceptin the music dept .

Why wasnt Anupam Kher nominated for the best actor category when he did an amazing job in khosla ka ghosla

why wasnt Shreyas Talpade nominated in the comic cateogry when his performance is Dor was excellent .

it does make u wonder ........ I think the awards are given not based on thier talent but their popularity alone and with whom they would gain in terms of viewership and trp's .

I agree that the filmfare nominations were not fair at all. But I am also not the one who differentiates parallel cinema and commercial ones. Actors are actors. They take as many retakes to give the final product in both cinemas. In my opinion deglamorized look is not always good acting. One of those rare occasions where QT and I opposed each other😳😃. Parallel cinema works mostly because of excellent storyline, direction and above all makeup. How else would you explain people liking Bipasha Basu in Corporate but disliked her in all other movies? I thought she was better in Ajnabee as the seductress.

In defense of Popular Indian film awards: Filmfare awards are for popular cinema. The popular awards are decided through the votes conducted online. I even voted for best music category so all the popular awards went to actors whom majority voted. Now all of us know that "Sometimes (not always) a majority only means that all the fools were/are on the same side". Critics' awards went to well deserving Aamir Khan & Kareena Kapoor and that was decided by esteemed jury members. I was quite impressed by the jury this time.

Some of the great actors of Indian boycott these commercialized Indian awards but look forward to acceptance at any "phoren" award ceremony. Oscars and golden globes have its own share of injustice. Every year many good films get omitted. Will Smith's performance was totally ignored in 'Ali' and award was given to Denzel Washington for 'Traffic', one of the worst films of his career. Denzel is one fabulous actor but he waited too long to get an award and when he gets that was the year America celebrated by giving all major Oscars to Black community. It was more like an insult than appreciation. Julia Roberts rightly said that she is ashamed that she received an Oscar before Denzel. There are several other instances.

Lobbying exists everywhere. Will Aamir Khan stop going to "phoren" awards because his Lagaan lost at Oscars and RDB lost at BAFTA? Does he think that those other films were superior to his? Probably he does. But he continues to thinks his performances and films are always superior to other Hindi films. I was amused tot see Sean Penn who always boycotted awards happily accepting one for Mystic River. The truth is everyone loves recognition whether from critics or audience. So it is natural that some cry foul when they aren't appreciated when expected. People should realize that life is not always fair.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago
ishan2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
well then you can also argue why didnt Shilpa win an award for her performance in Phir Milenge which was flawless...thats because commercially it didnt do well...the audience have to click with it before awards are given out...thats how the industry works...fair or unfair

This content was originally posted by: ishan2003

well then you can also argue why didnt Shilpa win an award for her performance in Phir Milenge which was flawless...thats because commercially it didnt do well...the audience have to click with it before awards are given out...thats how the industry works...fair or unfair

What was so great about Shilpa in Phir Milenge? She suited the role to the T because of her physical appearance otherwise her performance was nothing to talk about. She was much better in her first film.😃

Dor is a blatant copy of Malayalam film 'Perumazhakaalam' (meaning: The monsoon) which bagged the national award for Best Film on Social Issues in 2004. Nagesh Kukanoor gave due credits only when the voice was raised (I was the one behind that ðŸ˜³). I am not taking away the magnitude of Dor but if anyone likes watching regional cinema then please watch the original film and then compare the acting.

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: CuteFairy91

Hi.

What do you think?

I agree with u but i guess that they base these awards on popularity more than the acting prowess.There is a seperate critic's awards for the acting skills.

But still i did'nt understand how come aishwarya was nominated in dhoom 2 for best actor female.As it is she can't act and besides it was an action movie with hardly any scope for acting😕