India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

are n’t you glad Jassi Jaisi koi nahi

Paheli Senior Member
Paheli
Paheli

Posted: 02 December 2004 at 6:35pm | IP Logged

I know guys this is just a story, but don't you think there is a big contrast and inconsistency in Jassi's character?

She is shown too confused to understand who is right and who is not, yet very intelligent and smart sometimes she is shown standing up for something, next minute, she is putting up with a lot. She is very organized and efficient at times, and yet very clumsy. Confident about her skills and talent, yet unsure of the same. 
  • Why would someone with such strong values and character is shown so weak to fall for someone who is already engaged to be married?

I am sure there are many other such points that I can't think of right now, may be you can add them to the list....

Edited by Paheli - 02 December 2004 at 6:36pm

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 02 December 2004 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Paheli

I know guys this is just a story, but don't you think there is a big contrast and inconsistency in Jassi's character?

She is shown too confused to understand who is right and who is not, yet very intelligent and smart sometimes she is shown standing up for something, next minute, she is putting up with a lot. She is very organized and efficient at times, and yet very clumsy. Confident about her skills and talent, yet unsure of the same. 
  • Why would someone with such strong values and character is shown so weak to fall for someone who is already engaged to be married?

I am sure there are many other such points that I can't think of right now, may be you can add them to the list....

the way i see it paheli, it is part of being human....however in jjkn these discrepancies are huge owing to poor adaptation from the original.here are few points

1)in blf betty is an accountant (she is a brilliant number cruncher with little knowledge of contracts etc.also accountants are not very well groomed people...i am not generalising but pointing at the fact that grooming is not a part of cariculum). jassi is a mba...she should have pinpointed armaan's mistakes long back. besides grooming , dealing with people and being world savvy is a part of the cariculum.many of my friends went ahead to do mba and the amount of change in thier grooming, general knowledge and confidence left most of us gaping.but apparently the writers were not aware of this fact.

2)she behaves like a doormat...if she was being made concious of it every second. i would understand but her friends and familr adored her.betty was very hurt in her relationships which accounted for her low self esteem, our jassi was busy hurting others in relationships, treating others like doormat....where is the question of being doormat

3)betty was crazily in love with armando and she made no excuses for it, her devotion was complete. our jassi loves him but ends up giving 15 minute lectures as to how he belongs to mallika and so on.her weakness does not lie in falling for armaan but not accepting the fact to herself and denying it and ofcourse going back and forth on it.

4)armaan's character was so brutally butchered that i end up having a sour taste in my mouth just by thought(tony and diya must understand why people (majority went on  to root for other negative heroes inspite of a goody two shoe in comparison in other shows ) were divided between armaan and purab in this show. answer lies in very poorly written story.

giaa Senior Member
giaa
giaa

Posted: 02 December 2004 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Well said Pj...I totally agree with u and now it seems most people on the forum agree that the gaping holes in the story are getting unbearable....but short of being frustrated at what passes muster with Sony tv  as entertainment....what else can we do....I guess we could thank god that
Jassi Jaisi koi nahi....Thumbs Up

Before there's an uproar let me add ... I loved her character in the beginning ...it was captivating.Embarrassed
..but subsquently it has been distorted and diluted and now the charm is all gone. Dead
Today,  I think Jassi needs less of a physical makeover and more of a personality makeover!
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 02 December 2004 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
JASSI IS SO BORING
dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 03 December 2004 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Offlate its become too boring... atleast the initial stages they had taken it a littl ok... but now... Dead
Paheli Senior Member
Paheli
Paheli

Posted: 03 December 2004 at 10:11am | IP Logged

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts.

I agree PJ that it is a poor adaptation. I think the original story is very powerful that BLF has been aired or re-made in more than 25 countries.

I agree Giaa that the character of Jassi was very captivating, but has been weakened over time. I think if the writers were successful in  stengthing the character, it would have been a really good serial.

ananyaa Newbie
ananyaa
ananyaa

Posted: 05 December 2004 at 8:44am | IP Logged
agree with u all....there are so many inconsistencies in this show, it beats logic completely...and now no matter what they make armaan's character do...they have alraedy tried turning him to purab....they cannot make us be sympathetic to him....i just find him so irritating....ahve even stopped seeing teh show coz just can't tolerate him...
chayya Groupbie
chayya
chayya

Posted: 05 December 2004 at 9:54am | IP Logged
 Oh come on give me a break!!!!!!!!!! This is just a serial and the best one if we go by the current standardson tv.We are talking as if we have a hoard of emmy standards serials to choose fromAngry!!!!!!!!It  might not be an earth shaking one but it's good,has good emotions and please lets take it at face value and leave it at that!!!!!!!!Beleive me,we have had far worse!!!!!!!!!

Go to top