mansi verma-article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

She always wanted to be a part of the glam world. So much so that when her teacher asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, pat came the reply, "Miss India!"
Her fellow-students were amused. Some ridiculed her. But that did not upset her. Meet Manasi Varma, who says she has always believed in herself and not allowed criticism to affect her decisions. "I believe in pursuing my dreams tenaciously," she says. "I have always been interested in singing, dancing and dramatics."
She was born to be an actress, she says confidently. "I remember I would dress up like heroines and drape sarees." But her dreams did not affect her studies. "I was an all-rounder," says Manasi. "Academics are important to me. I will complete my graduation through correspondence since I don't have the time to attend classes. My parents are very particular about it. They have supported my decision to get into acting but they would always want me to complete my education," she adds.
Manasi took up modelling four years ago after which she made her television debut. Apart from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Raat Hone Ko Hai, she recently did an item number in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai. "It was fun. I enjoyed doing the item number. It was a halfday shoot at the beach." And even though she's not opposed to the idea of doing item numbers in movies, she hopes someday she will get a break in movies.
Manasi may come across as a complete extrovert, but she's an introvert. "I'm a perfect mix of beauty and brains," is how she describes herself. But her knight in shining armour is yet to come: "I'm not seeing anyone for have no time."
Edited by umi82990 - 17 years ago
sorry if posted before 😳 😳
thanks for sharing it
really nice article