Members Lounge

What are you plans for celebrating holi (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~*Ria*~

Are muslims not supposed to play holi Confused ? LOL LOL Geez, im gonna now play holi for the 3rd time at with almost all the friends i have at a friend's farmhouse okanagan valley. I dunno i dont really "celebrate" holi but i LOVE LOVE LOVE playing holi. I think i can blend very easily in every culture be it buddhism, christianity or hinduism. Not really in the sense of believing but just blending from the outside and having fun. It's just my hindu friends who got my interest into playing holi LOL. n' now our whole tribe plays LOL Kinda expensive too if ur playing with safe colors; colors that dont harm your skin or eyes. And the guns LOL I dont think we're gonna buy the special ones Tongue .... we'll just put the colored water in our siblings' water guns LOL and blast it on each other LOL . It's HILARIOUS LOL and sometimes we get so hyper LOL LOL LOL especially the guys LOL LOL. LOL LOL dont even askStern Smile

This holi is even more fun, cuz there are gonna be jungleez there, and im bringing a shareef and cute lad there to shee how junglee he can get Tongue

not sure really wether we should or not but hey if you wanna play then play i was gonna play holi but i cant now, but go ahead sounds like you have a lot of fun

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What are you plans for celebrating holi (Page 2)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Unforgettable~

IF-Dazzler

~Unforgettable~

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kal-el

Are muslims not supposed to play holi Confused ? LOL LOL Geez, im gonna now play holi for the 3rd time at with almost all the friends i have at a friend's farmhouse okanagan valley. I dunno i dont really "celebrate" holi but i LOVE LOVE LOVE playing holi. I think i can blend very easily in every culture be it buddhism, christianity or hinduism. Not really in the sense of believing but just blending from the outside and having fun. It's just my hindu friends who got my interest into playing holi LOL. n' now our whole tribe plays LOL Kinda expensive too if ur playing with safe colors; colors that dont harm your skin or eyes. And the guns LOL I dont think we're gonna buy the special ones Tongue .... we'll just put the colored water in our siblings' water guns LOL and blast it on each other LOL . It's HILARIOUS LOL and sometimes we get so hyper LOL LOL LOL especially the guys LOL LOL. LOL LOL dont even askStern Smile This holi is even more fun, cuz there are gonna be jungleez there, and im bringing a shareef and cute lad there to shee how junglee he can get Tongue

not sure really wether we should or not but hey if you wanna play then play i was gonna play holi but i cant now, but go ahead sounds like you have a lot of fun

in my opinion, Muslims shouldn't play holi, because that would be copying Hinduism, which is the total opposite of Islam. Even Rasoolullah (s) told the Muslims to be unique and not copy other religions. But i guess it all depends on ur decision. i mean, no one can force u to do anything.

~Unforgettable~

IF-Dazzler

~Unforgettable~

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1EijazFan

Originally posted by ~Unforgettable~

Are muslims not supposed to play holi Confused ? LOL LOL Geez, im gonna now play holi for the 3rd time at with almost all the friends i have at a friend's farmhouse okanagan valley. I dunno i dont really "celebrate" holi but i LOVE LOVE LOVE playing holi. I think i can blend very easily in every culture be it buddhism, christianity or hinduism. Not really in the sense of believing but just blending from the outside and having fun. It's just my hindu friends who got my interest into playing holi LOL. n' now our whole tribe plays LOL Kinda expensive too if ur playing with safe colors; colors that dont harm your skin or eyes. And the guns LOL I dont think we're gonna buy the special ones Tongue .... we'll just put the colored water in our siblings' water guns LOL and blast it on each other LOL . It's HILARIOUS LOL and sometimes we get so hyper LOL LOL LOL especially the guys LOL LOL. LOL LOL dont even askStern Smile This holi is even more fun, cuz there are gonna be jungleez there, and im bringing a shareef and cute lad there to shee how junglee he can get Tongue

in my opinion, Muslims shouldn't play holi, because that would be copying Hinduism, which is the total opposite of Islam. Even Rasoolullah (s) told the Muslims to be unique and not copy other religions. But i guess it all depends on ur decision. i mean, no one can force u to do anything.

In that case you should not even talk to Hindus right?

You are not believing in the story of Holika, you are just enjoying the colours, which is actually not a custom just a traditionWinkIt's what we do to have fun on this day, there will always be an end to evil, don't you guys believe that too?

There's no harm in playing with a few colours but if your religion tells you not to mingle with us Hindus and our tradition then I can do nothing to change your mind.Big smile

You are not copying anyone's religion by playing with colours, and anyways some cultures have similarities, so does Islam and Hinduism in terms of marriage, shall we say that you are copying us?ConfusedJust my opinion.

yes, it may be just a tradition, but it's a HINDU tradition. i mean, only people who believe in a tradition follow it. I never said that you can't talk to hindus, or to stay away from them, i'm saying that don't be friends with hindus in such a way that u change ur traditions and beliefs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with someone with a different religion, but changing ur beliefs and traditions to match theirs is wrong. actually, islamic and hindu marriages are very different from what i've seen. I've never actually been to a hindu marriage, but from what i've seen on TV and in movies, i can see that they're very different. Furthermore, having similarities and copying someone are two very different things. See, the perspectives from where we're looking at this issue are different. But what do i know, allahu a3lam, i'm only 14. LOL LOL

Edited by ~Unforgettable~ - 02 March 2007 at 6:44pm

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 12:53am | IP Logged
GUYS GUYS take a break. i don't think that this post was started to direct a conflict btw traditions n religious beliefs of any religion. how come this matter came into existence. it was just a simple topic asking how u have planned to celebrate holi n this topic is now converted into a religious topic............ HAVE MERCY.............................. THIS IS IF. HERE NO DIFFERENCE IS MADE BTW HINDUS N MUSLIMS. HERE EID IS CELEBRATED WITH THE SAME POMP N SHOW AS DIWALI OR ANY OTHER HINDU FESTIVAL IS CELEBRATED

Edited by mehak_kapoor - 03 March 2007 at 12:55am

RonnieK

IF-Rockerz

RonnieK

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 11:14am | IP Logged

Are muslims not supposed to play holi Confused ? LOL LOL Geez, im gonna now play holi for the 3rd time at with almost all the friends i have at a friend's farmhouse okanagan valley. I dunno i dont really "celebrate" holi but i LOVE LOVE LOVE playing holi. I think i can blend very easily in every culture be it buddhism, christianity or hinduism. Not really in the sense of believing but just blending from the outside and having fun. It's just my hindu friends who got my interest into playing holi LOL. n' now our whole tribe plays LOL Kinda expensive too if ur playing with safe colors; colors that dont harm your skin or eyes. And the guns LOL I dont think we're gonna buy the special ones Tongue .... we'll just put the colored water in our siblings' water guns LOL and blast it on each other LOL . It's HILARIOUS LOL and sometimes we get so hyper LOL LOL LOL especially the guys LOL LOL. LOL LOL dont even askStern Smile

This holi is even more fun, cuz there are gonna be jungleez there, and im bringing a shareef and cute lad there to shee how junglee he can get Tongue

wow sounds like lots of fun Wink
here in amrika i dont know where they do holi LOL
if i did i guess i would also have as much fun as u Big smile

missmalika

IF-Dazzler

missmalika

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
dont celebrate it Big smile

~Unforgettable~

IF-Dazzler

~Unforgettable~

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 8:03pm | IP Logged

In that case you should not even talk to Hindus right?

You are not believing in the story of Holika, you are just enjoying the colours, which is actually not a custom just a traditionWinkIt's what we do to have fun on this day, there will always be an end to evil, don't you guys believe that too?

There's no harm in playing with a few colours but if your religion tells you not to mingle with us Hindus and our tradition then I can do nothing to change your mind.Big smile

You are not copying anyone's religion by playing with colours, and anyways some cultures have similarities, so does Islam and Hinduism in terms of marriage, shall we say that you are copying us?ConfusedJust my opinion.

yes, it may be just a tradition, but it's a HINDU tradition. i mean, only people who believe in a tradition follow it. I never said that you can't talk to hindus, or to stay away from them, i'm saying that don't be friends with hindus in such a way that u change ur traditions and beliefs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with someone with a different religion, but changing ur beliefs and traditions to match theirs is wrong. actually, islamic and hindu marriages are very different from what i've seen. I've never actually been to a hindu marriage, but from what i've seen on TV and in movies, i can see that they're very different. Furthermore, having similarities and copying someone are two very different things. See, the perspectives from where we're looking at this issue are different. But what do i know, allahu a3lam, i'm only 14. LOL LOL

But you are not changing your beliefs, are you believing in Holika? No you are not! All you are doing is playing with a bit of colour, and my religion does not tell me to do so but we chose to do so for fun! To celeberate the defeat of evil against goodSmile

They are very different, are you sure about that? Infact you guys even wear similar clothes to us, that is a tradition isn't it?WinkNot a custom, have you changed your belief in anyway, I think not.WinkHun, what I don't understand is that you said not to change your beliefs, what belief are you changing?ConfusedPlaying with colour is become changing belief's, since when?

yes, your looking at it with a perspective of religion, I am notTongueand according to me you shouldn't be either and yes I too am around your age so age does not come into this matter.

By the way everyone, Holi is great so far, i am going mandir soon later today, it is going to be great and all gujurati boys are going to be there wohoo!Big smileLOL

First of all, with the marriage thing, i think when ur talking about Islamic and Hindu, ur thinking about Indian and Pakistani, those are two different things. When u were talking about marriage, i was thinking the manner in which they get married, not the clothing. When ur talking about clothing, ur talking about Pakistani traditional clothing, which is not in any way associated with Islamic clothing. Like you said, i'm looking at it from the religious point of view, and you may be looking at it from a different point of view. And when i said i was 14, i meant that i don't know much about the matter as i haven't had much experiance with it. Maybe someone who is wiser than me and more experianced will know more about it. And one more thing i would like to add, like u said at the end "it is going to be great and all gujurati boys are going to be there wohoo!" This is one more reason why i would advise muslims not to play holi. Playing holi with boys goes agains the principles of Islam. In islam, and girl and boy aren't even supposed to look at each other. By participating in these events, muslim girls and guys go against the principles of islam, which does change ur beliefs. When talking about changing someone's beliefs, i wasn't just talking about changing them by playing the game, but changing them by participating in events that go against the principles of islam.

Edited by ~Unforgettable~ - 03 March 2007 at 8:49pm

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
guys don't ull think itz getting outta subject now. bc this topic is abt enjoyment of holi rather a discussion abt cultures n traditions of different religions.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top