Debate Mansion

Is it hard not to cross IFpersonal space (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 8

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 8
Page 8 Page 8

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it hard not to cross IFpersonal space (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Girls are discussing this happening a whole lot lately. what does everyone think? is it really so hard?? Do you feel that you were attacked and it wasn;t so rude, that you could press the report button, yet some people could use backing off a little? discuss when u felt humiliated with examples.. we all have Personal messages discussing that LOLLOL

QT, I am not sure what are we debating here. could you please explain more Tongue thanks!

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Moderator's Note:
I would like to request all members not to attack any "group" of members on IF and quote them as confused or any other offensive term. As far we we debate and discuss without offending and using offensive term against member, members or any group of members that's fine, but please don't tag them with unwanted terms eventhough if that's your belief. This goes for all the members. Please take this as a warning.

Thank you for your cooperation!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

QT, I am not sure what are we debating here. could you please explain more Tongue thanks!

I said it 3 pages ago and hopefully after the exchange of words, things will stay peaceful. I am quoting what I complained about in general.

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by souro

Currently I'm thinking of trying out the report button. Maybe I should start with the 'NRIs- Their portrayal in Bollywood movies' thread. LOL

Wink  i thought u'll miss me if i am banned  & this is exactly what i was coming at through this thread

1.  EXCESSIVE trashing western values in spite of being OBLIVIOUS / ignorant of them
2. BLONDE dumbness talk
3. ABCD bashing
4. discussing members' vital stats / capabilities of their husbands / whether they are taking care of family or not / asking who women's partners are other than husbands Dead  ..
5. making obscene jokes of certain threads that were started for pure INFORMATIVE aim in mind.  Fun is fun,  but some matters are SERIOUS and keeping them serious maintains sanctity of DM according to many, not just me. ( The Netaji speech, in particular, instead of trashing it)

I have seen all the above in past 2 weeks and it is LOW.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 25 February 2007 at 12:53pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by qwertyesque

You have to realize a POV crosses over to being personal only when you encounter debaters who dont practice what they preach..

I agree that everyone has a right to state an opinion. But no one has a right to get personal or cross the line of decency. Many of us here like to play devil's advocate so it is not always necessary that while debating we are actually posting from our personal experience. People don't come here to preach.

An erudite doesn't get personal while debating but actually posts his POV with conviction. Debating is just not an argument to win and quoting my favourite devil's advocate, presently MIA Jatayu, debating is "Interacting, listening to other viewpoints - which should broaden our own views."

Again I am not advocating personal attacks i am just quoting possible reasons...why personal attacks come into picture.. Smile

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Now, as far as indian culture is concerned ABD are still ABCD's.. so dont get me wrong i dont endeavour to suck up to the masses or play it to the gallery.. ...Smile... Being stubborn is not always about being wrong

What will happen if the American born members of DM start addressing you and I as Freshies and PIGS? I am glad the kids born here are so well read that never ever any member used those kind of words for us India born members.

Ok here is the thing. I didnt create the term. This has come into use to such an extent that there was a movie called ABCD.. All thats happening is occasional mentions of this term on the debate which shouldnt be blown out of proportions... You have to realize ABCD has had its own cycle of evolution... which needs to be delved into and its not something like "name calling" which you so intently try and present...Confused

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top