Debate Mansion

Why arent there pak channels in india? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why arent there pak channels in india? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Noor_64

I think the Urdu dramas produced in Pak are better quality than those produced in India, simply because Urdu is the official language there, while here Urdu is simply one of the many..I may be wrong, though, since I've only seen 1 or 2 Indian Urdu dramas before! Embarrassed 

What has status of a language in a country has to do with quality dramas? In India all major languages including Urdu enjoys the status of official language.

I only meant that everyone speaks their regional language and then Urdu as an official language there, while most people in India don't..they usually speak their regional language and then Hindi..Embarrassed So the audience for Urdu dramas would be wider there, I suppose..

dramas with a lot of sanskrit-rooted rather than persian or arabic-rooted Hindi words are difficult to understand!

I agree. The shlokas (which irritates me personally) are all thanks to Ekta Kapoor's dramas. But the people who were fortunate to watch 80s dramas on Doordarshan know the quality of dramas produced that time on TV and the variety. We had Buniyaad, Naseeruddin Khwaja, Bible, Ramayan all shown on Doordarshan. So no one who watched TV in 80s would argue that our dramas lacked quality. Even after advent of Cable in 90s Zee and Sony produced quality dramas the era before K-seriesTongue.

Yes, I'm definetely not saying anything about the quality of Indian dramas of the past, or the dramas of the present, for that matter! WinkI'm just trying to reiterate that fact that I believe there would be an audience for Pak dramas in India because, right now, Pak and Indian soaps are VERY VERY different..you can't even compare them, because they're two completely different things! It's like apples and oranges..LOL I like both, but I can't really say one is better than the other..Wink It's like comparing Kaajjal to..One Tree Hill or something..LOL
Haha now that I've been hearing so much about '80's dramas I feel like I've missed out! lol is there a section on IF for old-school dramas? Wink And I also agree that Ekta Kapoor's effect on the Indian tele-industry has been a less than wonderful one..at least when you look at her wacky-storylines and messed up dialogues..LOL But let's not get into an Ekta discussion here..hehe because I supposed I'd be a hypocrite, since I watch Kasamh Se religiously, and some other Ekta dramas, as well..LOL

Edited by Noor_64 - 27 February 2007 at 11:38pm

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

i think if some thing is nice and indians they like it then they definately give the deserved credit to those people like u see the pakistani singers they have been given their share of fame and money.

so if the shows r able to attract the audience then they wil be popular in no time.

True..!Embarrassed

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 27 February 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

simple. if there was a buck to be made showing pak channels in india, there'd be an enterprising guy in india doing it. Smile if they can import chinese goods like crazy these days, they're not going to get too bashful bringing in pak channels too if it could be commercially viable. it's just that the audience has to buy into it, which from the looks of it, they dont. after all, how long can u see the same fella in movies who comes in soaps who's advertising for some phone card who's also a producer and a one-man show? Wink

btw, what's his name?Tongue

Haha well when they look like Imran Abbas, I wouldn't mind seeing them at every turn..LOL But I agree that one good thing about Indian telly is that it is completely separate from soaps..there's not much crossover, and if there is, it's thankfully permanent..LOL

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

simple. if there was a buck to be made showing pak channels in india, there'd be an enterprising guy in india doing it. Smile if they can import chinese goods like crazy these days, they're not going to get too bashful bringing in pak channels too if it could be commercially viable. it's just that the audience has to buy into it, which from the looks of it, they dont. after all, how long can u see the same fella in movies who comes in soaps who's advertising for some phone card who's also a producer and a one-man show? Wink

btw, what's his name?Tongue

Haha well when they look like Imran Abbas, I wouldn't mind seeing them at every turn..LOL But I agree that one good thing about Indian telly is that it is completely separate from soaps..there's not much crossover, and if there is, it's thankfully permanent..LOL

lol. nah nah it's not imraan abbas. it's some other joker i am talking about. very irritating fella. LOL

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mini2390

I have noticed one thing that in Pakistan there are several Indian channels, almost all of them.... lyk zee tv, zee gold, star plus, star one, sony, sony max and etc..... but y arent pak channels shown in india? Confused .... on tv several pakistani actors from television have stated that they have gone to india numerous times and the thing thats very weird is that they dont show any pak channels, whereas pak dramas r recognized in india for having good storylines but they arent shown to the public and i was taken by surprise as in pakistan its the total opposite... wen i went 2 pakistan i saw tons of indian channels on tv and i assumed that maybe in india ppl see our channels, i mean pak doznt even have that many channels as comapared to india, but pak channels do have good quality, and i must say that pak dramas r not behind in any way wen compared to indian ones, but y dont they show them? ....... in pakistan ppl go crazy watching indian dramas but pak ppl dont even know that in india pak dramas r not even shown  Confused..... at the end my poiunt is that wen pakistan shows tons of indian channels then y doznt india even show one, and  i doubt that there is even any, cuz in pakistan we r aware of a lot of indian tv celebrities but in india ppl hardly know ours, y is that so?..... i myt be mistaken but i doubt that pak channels r even known in india, whereas in pakistan every single indian channel goes on air. ConfusedConfused

Channels are shown looking at their viewership.... Pak channels which are mainly Punjabi do not find too much of a viewership in India becasue most of India hardly knws Punjabi....
The other dramas are in Urdu and the language barrier kind of acts as a hindrance and hence the Indian audience which does not understand chaste Urdu does not find Pak channels interesting...
Moreover Pakistani dramas are more on the conservative side and are more of the serious types... While Indian dramas have tht put on show just for the sake of entertainment.... This glam sham of the Indian TV industry attracts viewers...
Pakistani society as shown in the soaps a quite different from Indian society and the audience finds it difficult to connect with it....
Lastly... India has soooo many television channels  that they would not allow any other rival that too from a small Tv industry to join them n compete with them.... They haev complete monopoly and they enjoy this monopoly....
Even foreign channels have to air Indian programmes and advertisements in hindi to survive in India....

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

I think the reasons why Pak serials are not telecast here:

a) The language primarily acts as a barrier. Most Pak serials are in Urdu which are not understood by majority here.

b) The audience has been completely taken in by the glamour that Indian serials offer today. Sadly, content hardly matters any more. It does not even reflect the real face of our society any more.In fact reality has become such a passe affair on these shows with multiple marriages, backless blouses and numerous divorces that anything close to life starts looking ultra conservative to the audience today LOL. Even IF reflects this today, with serials like Kasam se and Kasauti still roping in audience while a genuine drama like ek chabi hai pados me hardly has any takers.

c) Almsot all the regional people watch their respective regional programes. So Bengalis watch ETV Bangla, Gujratis watch Zee Gujrati, a Marathi watches the variety of rich Marathi programmes available to them and the South is flooded with excellent channels starting from Kairal Tv to Sun Tv to Vijay TV.

d) This means that they are economically not viable. pak dramas are a bit slow and take time to warm up. Combined with the language and the lack of technical finess, getting them an audience in this fast paced world of technical glittery that stands for our Indian TV shows today is a tough job, especially when there is a myriad forms of other alternatives of entertainment available.

I watched a couple of Pak dramas  in the late 80s and early 90s. They were exceptional, even considering the abundance of terrific serials we had on air those days. They were mostly available through video cassettes. In fact the quality of some of the shows were actually superior to some of the shows on Indian TV. Of course, there were some prime shows on Doordarshan those days which stand at par even today - like Khandan and mahabharata.

Edited by Minnie - 28 February 2007 at 1:56pm

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

I think the reasons why Pak serials are not telecast here:

a) The language primarily acts as a barrier. Most Pak serials are in Urdu which are not understood by majority here.

b) The audience has been completely taken in by the glamour that Indian serials offer today. Sadly, content hardly matters any more. It does not even reflect the real face of our society any more.In fact reality has become such a passe affair on these shows with multiple marriages, backless blouses and numerous divorces that anything close to life starts looking ultra conservative to the audience today LOL. Even IF reflects this today, with serials like Kasam se and Kasauti still roping in audience while a genuine drama like ek chabi hai pados me hardly has any takers.

c) Almsot all the regional people watch their respective regional programes. So Bengalis watch ETV Bangla, Gujratis watch Zee Gujrati, a Marathi watches the variety of rich Marathi programmes available to them and the South is flooded with excellent channels starting from Kairal Tv to Sun Tv to Vijay TV.

d) This means that they are economically not viable. pak dramas are a bit slow and take time to warm up. Combined with the language and the lack of technical finess, getting them an audience in this fast paced world of technical glittery that stands for our Indian TV shows today is a tough job, especially when there is a myriad forms of other alternatives of entertainment available.

LOLLOLLOL My thoughts... exactly... Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top