Debate Mansion

Why arent there pak channels in india? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Hmm, becse no-one wants to watch them, atleast our govt hasnt banned any of their channels here unlike they did to Indian Channels.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why arent there pak channels in india? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
I'm Indian and i watch Pak TV channels! haha but I guess that's cuz i live in Canada..and they're available here.. Embarrassed When my mom was younger, she said tha only good channels available in Punjab were Pakistani ones, so everyone watched them..but now they're not even available anymore! I guess it's cuz people think with so many Indian channels, no one would want to watch Pak ones..but that's NOT true, because Pak dramas are SOOOO different from Indian ones! I think if Pak drama channels like ARY were made available in some parts of India, they would be quite popular! Because Pak dramas, for the most part are really good..there would definetely be a market for them b/c they'd fill that market niche that heavy, drawn-out and dramatic Indian dramas don't really fill anymore.. Wink Like when my relatives visit fr/ India, they watch Pak dramas at my house and keep praising them and stuff, for being short and realistic and what-not..and they agree that if Pak channels were made available, they would definetely order them! And I'm sure all the Urdu-speaking Indians who have difficulty understanding Hindi-laden dramas would welcome them, as well! LOL

Edited by Noor_64 - 25 February 2007 at 1:34pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 7:48pm | IP Logged

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 26 February 2007 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Like UK and USA, A variety of shows first made in the US are available here for us to watch but any UK version thats a hit is remade in America with their OWN cast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_TV_shows_remade _for_the_American_market
It is far more common for a successful British show to be remade for an American audience since U.S. citizens are generally less likely to be acquainted with British accents, media, and culture than vice versa.

Our accents aren't that difficult to understand.
Some US shows were remade for British market but those were mainly game shows or reality shows.

Edited by Inasense - 26 February 2007 at 4:02am

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 26 February 2007 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Noor_64

When my mom was younger, she said tha only good channels available in Punjab were Pakistani ones, so everyone watched them

Television came to India in the 80s and I grew up in the 80s. In my view Doordarshan had the best dramas ever and I won't agree with anyone who says otherwise. Now I hope Doordarshan was available in Punjab. I respect your mother's views though.Tongue

Doordarshan was available in Punjab since atleast I was able to understand the world and there was no pakistani channelLOLTongue and never heard frm the elder ppl abt paki channelsTongue

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 26 February 2007 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rajeev Ki Heer

Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Noor_64

When my mom was younger, she said tha only good channels available in Punjab were Pakistani ones, so everyone watched them

Television came to India in the 80s and I grew up in the 80s. In my view Doordarshan had the best dramas ever and I won't agree with anyone who says otherwise. Now I hope Doordarshan was available in Punjab. I respect your mother's views though.Tongue

Doordarshan was available in Punjab since atleast I was able to understand the world and there was no pakistani channelLOLTongue and never heard frm the elder ppl abt paki channelsTongue

lol..well Amritsar is really close to the Indo-Pak border, so it makes sense for there to have been Pak channels there, atleast when my mom lived there.Embarrassed maybe where ur relatives lived they didn't have Pak channels? or if they did, maybe they just weren't interested in the Pak dramaz..Wink

Edited by Noor_64 - 26 February 2007 at 11:28pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 February 2007 at 11:17pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top