College & University

How do YOU deal with exam stress?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
The exam season is here...with the stress and the fun anf frolic seemed to have disappeared. Board exams are around the corner. CET's are approaching...then there's aieee, CA exam, etc etc etc etc........

This is the most crucial time for students. They date their books, but don't like the dates that much πŸ˜† . The parents feed them healthy food, teachers grill them, and expectations are sky high.

Poor student, under so much stress....

I'm sure your exams are also approaching...tell us how do you deal with exam stress?

Maybe your tips can save a poor student from getting exploded by the stress 😊

Edited by datspreets - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Originally posted by: datspreets

The exam season is here...with the stress and the fun anf frolic seemed to have disappeared. Board exams are around the corner. CET's are approaching...then there's aieee, CA exam, etc etc etc etc........

This is the most crucial time for students. They date their books, but don't like the dates that much πŸ˜† . The parents feed them healthy food, teachers grill them, and expectations are sky high.

Poor student, under so much stress....

I'm sure your exams are also approaching...tell us how do you deal with exam stress?

Maybe your tips can save a poor student from getting exploded by the stress 😊

yeh me tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL

Studying 12 subjects OMGGGGG .................. But still my parents do care about me alot and i follow routine tooooo so thus not have any problem.........

Here are some tips to those poor students :-

Students' Tips
  1. Just think of all the things you will get out of these exams – a place in the sixth form, a place at university, a better chance at the career of your choice.  Knowing I'll have a better chance at a career later in life than someone who couldn't be bothered to take the time makes me go for it.
  2. Keep yourself motivated by keeping a record of your achievements.
  3. During exams, carry on revising for those left to take.  Read through past papers, practice timed answers, but take regular breaks as well.
  4. Deep breaths before an exam.  Before you turn that page, close your eyes and breathe deeply three of four times.
  5. Don't listen to friends who say "Don't revise" - they don't care about your future.
  6. Try to get a good night's sleep before the exam and try to eat at least an hour before the exam – a banana or other "brain food" is good.  Take a bottle of water in with you.
  7. When you are told to turn the paper over, read the exam paper from cover to cover and then re-read it again – don't just jump in and answer the first question.
  8. When "budgeting" your exam time, give yourself ten minutes at the end to reread from cover to cover to check spellings, and see that the questions have been answered, and generally check through the paper.  Look at where the marks are to be gained and allocate time appropriately (and stick to it).  Answering three questions fairly well is better than answering one very well and leaving two badly done.  Underlining key words in the question may help to focus your mind and jog your memory.
  9. Use coloured pens or highlighters on the exam paper to highlight things you want to include in your answers.
  10. And the obvious – "dnt use txt in xams coz xminrs nd 2 no what u r saing".

hope you all students always smile.....πŸ˜ƒ

Cheers!
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
My Tips-

1. Get atleast 6 hours of sleep, it not only helps you concentrate better, but also keeps your body refreshed.

2. Avoid snacking, rather have 4 proper meals a day.

3. have lots of water.

4. take breaks after every 1 or 1 1/2 hour.

5. watch TV/come online to divert your mind.

6. Don't get bogged down by what all your pals have finished studying cause everyone has their own pace of studying.

7. avoid very loooooonggggg phone calls, that does waste a lot of study time!
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: datspreets

My Tips-

1. Get atleast 6 hours of sleep, it not only helps you concentrate better, but also keeps your body refreshed.

2. Avoid snacking, rather have 4 proper meals a day.

3. have lots of water.

4. take breaks after every 1 or 1 1/2 hour.

5. watch TV/come online to divert your mind.

6. Don't get bogged down by what all your pals have finished studying cause everyone has their own pace of studying.

7. avoid very loooooonggggg phone calls, that does waste a lot of study time!

^^ Thesr also works for me!!...and also I'd say Ignore your friends ...Not entirely, of course! But when your mates say how much revision they've been doing, they might not be telling the truth. Don't use them as a benchmark β€” they might not want to seem daggy for doing lots of revision, or they might not be doing enough. Know yourself and know what you have to do β€” you're in this for yourself.

Lady In Pink thumbnail
Log into IF and forget college exists πŸ˜ƒ ( Though The faster u snap back to reality, the betterπŸ˜†)
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrs.Eishu.SRK

Log into IF and forget college exists πŸ˜ƒ ( Though The faster u snap back to reality, the betterπŸ˜†)

ROFL!!! great advice!!! ill be sure to use it next time!! πŸ˜†

Listen to MUSIC. thats a great stress buster! although, i personally have never taken stress....except at the last minute when i have a whole yrs worth of note makin to do and the exam is tmrπŸ˜†....but strangely, even then i dont take stress as i know i'll do well....that is odd....but i think one def. needs confidence. NOT over confidence...coz that could get you into big trouble...but just confidence....even if u HAVEN'T studied everything properly....coz when u panic...u lose wat u already know....so just listen in class....make ur notes regularly...[what i shud be following]....drink lots of water....don't drink coffee....and don't take into account of exogenous factors....aka parents.πŸ˜†