Joined: 06 September 2005
What slimming staples should you add to your wardrobe?
We asked two experts—Emily Neill, founder of the Boston-based fashion consulting company Closet Smarts and author of the before-and-after book Closet Smarts, and Danica Lo, New York Post fashion columnist and author of the self-help book How Not to Look Fat—for their most figure-flattering fashion advice. Here, their top tips for every body.
•Fake a flattering hourglass shape: Wear a shell and cardigan in a solid color, then fasten the center two buttons.
•V-shape necklines or stand-up collars are universally flattering and slimming on most women.
•Wrap tops can accentuate the narrowest part of your upper body.
•Jackets that cinch below the bust or have darting define your waist.
•A single-breasted suit jacket with three or four buttons will elongate a larger upper body. (Double-breasted jackets add bulk.)
• Look for shoes in neutral shades: They blend well with skin or hosiery, making your legs look longer and leaner.
• Another option: Draw the eye away from trouble areas and add punch to any outfit with heels in an unexpected print or color.
• Reveal some toe cleavage with pumps that are cut low in the front (with a low vamp) to lengthen the look of your leg.
• Chunky-heeled shoes balance a thicker leg; thin, stiletto heels emphasize it.
• Choose a purse that's in proportion to your body. A small purse can make a larger body look even bigger.
• Carry a short-handled purse in your hand (like a tote bag) if you have a larger upper half. Lower half larger? Wear your bag on your shoulder for balance.
• A skirt with a slight flare at the bottom keeps larger hips in proportion.
• Midrise slacks (which sit mid-way between belly button and hips) with a 2- to 3-inch-wide waistband will help cover some of your stomach and make your butt look smaller.
• Pants with a slight flare will balance out your rear.
• Trousers that have a crease down the center elongate and slim the leg.
• Choose sheer black pantyhose (the most slimming shade).
• A good-fitting bra should lie flat against the skin between your breasts, and the back shouldn't ride up toward your shoulder blades. Bra cups should mold to your breasts.
• Control garments, from panties to camis, can create a slimmer line. Don't be embarrassed to try them on. Do a comfort check—could you wear it all day?
• Bring a thin dress, skirt, or shirt into the dressing room to see if the control garment creates any telltale bumps.
Joined: 15 December 2006
Joined: 17 March 2006
Joined: 04 October 2006
Joined: 18 February 2007
Joined: 15 January 2006
Joined: 25 January 2006
Joined: 15 December 2004
Skinny jeans are hazardous to your health!!
Author: karansprincess Replies: 3 Views: 1436
|karansprincess||3||1436||14 November 2009 at 7:09pm by amalia|
Skinny's ll Your Opinion
Author: -LilyGurl- Replies: 10 Views: 866
|-LilyGurl-||10||866||07 November 2009 at 9:10am by --arti--|
Skinny jeans are hazardous to your health
Author: canada87 Replies: 28 Views: 2001
|canada87||28||2001||10 August 2009 at 5:54am by S.Diva|
am i skinny...
Author: musicaddict1 Replies: 11 Views: 1031
|musicaddict1||11||1031||28 July 2008 at 5:22pm by .Jiya.|
HOW TO GET SKINNY.....
Author: merria Replies: 34 Views: 3736
|merria||34||3736||07 May 2007 at 5:46pm by -Krupa-|
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index