Tumhari Disha

Concept,Character Sketches, Feud!!!

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

INDER AND DISHA

Tumhari disha is the story of a girl named disha who is suddenly caught up in difficult circumstances. Disha and ranu are two sisters brought up with a lot of love in an affluent family. However there seems to be a secret in disha's childhood.Disha and rano both are in love with inder who is thier family friend's son. inder is crazily in love with disha and intends to marry her.

When rano and disha's mother realizes that both her daughters are in love with the same person, she lets out the cat from the bag.Disha is not her real daughter but the daughter of Dev who was thier servant and who had killed thier son years ago. Disha is taken aback. The circumstances are made worse by disha's father's death and DK(person suspected of killing her father) , who seems to be dead bent on destroying the family(all because disha refuses to model for him and humiliates him).

To save the family from impending bankruptcy and pay her debts towards her foster family, disha strikes a deal with DK. she will marry him for a period of six months and model for his next jewelery collection campaign bordering on being indecent. She hopes that this will buy her family some time to reverse thier fortunes and bring heartbroken inder and rano together. Her family however fails to understand her sacrifice and she is shunned from the family . The only person who still believes in her is rano ,her foster sister. Dk on the other hand keeps adding to her woes by flaunting his extra marital relationships, taunting her and making her life as his wife as difficult as possible. It is a countinous battle of wits between disha and DK (dushyant kumar).

will inder ever marry rano?, will disha succeed in her attempt to protect her foster family. How will disha and Dk fare? will her family ever forgive her? what about her real parents?

Here is a brief summary of character sketches....

DISHA

Disha is a curious mix of maturity and innocence. She is responsible, traditional and strong. she is the beauty in this saga . Her loyalty and sense of devotion to her foster family is admirable. She hates her real father with equal intensity. The sacrifice she makes by making the deal with dushyant to protect her family without any hope or desire of appreciation is heart wrenching. She hates dushyant, blames him for killing her father , wants revenge yet there are times when you can see her empathising with him, caring for him.She is a little different from all the other protagonists in other shows by being more human , more unsure of herself and more scared of her future. In short she is one of the women we see all around us caught in a bad situation, forced to grow and make difficult decisions at an age when most girls dream of prince charming.

DUSHYANT SEHGAL

Dushyant is a leading businessman dubbed as diamond king because of his diamond empire. He is an illegimate child who has tried to win the approval of his now deceased father all his life. This painful childhood and his handicap(he has problem with one of the legs) has made him a very cynical  and ruthless person. Inspite of his appaling behaviour towards disha, you cannot bring yourself to hate this person.there is a constant reserve and sorrow in his eyes that makes you pity and fall in love with him. He is the beast in this modern adaptation of beauty and the beast(with all the desi twists ofcourse). There are times when you can see him fighting attraction and the care, he feels towards his new ,unwanted wife, he is trying to destroy.

INDER

Inder was the love of disha's life. inder loves disha madly and wanted to marry her before she ends up marrying dushyant.He still intended to wait for her until she convinces him to marry her sister ranu( inder does not know that ranu has loved him since childhood). Inder is kind,understanding and forgiving.He is a family guy who is an open book. He comes across as a very simple and almost kiddish person when compared to complex character of dushyant. He is having a hard time forgetting disha and ends up acting on his feelings many times albeit a little foolishly.  

SANYA

Sanya is dushyant's close friend/mistress. She is an ambitious model who believes that she loves dushyant and understands him.She is the first person who senses dushyant's growing facination and admiration for his wife disha. She understands that it is love for disha that dushyant tries to hide under his arrogance and hatred.She is determined to win over dushyant at any cost and disha makes her very insecure.She unfortunately does not hold any clout over dushyant ,who is used to treating people like pawns on chess board.

SUHASINI

Suhasini is disha's foster mother brilliantly played by zarina wahab. She has neither forgotten nor forgiven disha's father for his carelessness that resulted in her son's death.She is very bitter and disha is a constant reminder of that accident.She tries to neglect/mistreat/hate disha in her own way.When she realises that inder wants to marry disha while ranu, her own daughter loves him....she decides she has had enough....she makes a public announcement of ranu and inder's engagement(without telling inder or disha first) and tells disha of her true shameful parentage. Her husband's death and disha 's indirect contribution to it(dk's obsession with disha is the reason of all thier financial woes) brings her venom to surface. she blames disha for everything that went wrong with her life. after disha marries dk...she thinks disha did so for money and uses this as a reason to shun her from the family 

VIJENDRA

Brilliantly played by kawaljeet singh , vijendra is the ideal father figure.He is smart, responsible, forgiving, loving, loyal, understanding and caring. He is the head of bhosle business. He seems to have forgiven disha's father for the accident with his son. He has transferred all that love to disha instead who was left helpless when her father ran away leaving her at the mercy of bhosle family after the accident. He does not differentiate between ranu and disha much to the dismay of suhasini. He actually treats disha as his dead son. He even gives her a place in his business when he transfers responsibilities to younger generation.When he comes to know of dushyant's obsession with disha, he supports her and tries his level best to protect her , even at the cost of his family and business. Unfortunately he dies in a car accident leaving his family bankrupt and owing huge amounts of money to dk and mehta(another loan shark) and disha helpless in the clutches of dushyant. 

will post about rest of the characters later

DK is a guy called ashish nayyar.this is his first major foray in shows. i have heard he has done some advertisements(lg,....) and a small cameo role in kuch kehna hai mujhe show.he is a great actor and manages to hold his own in front on seasoned cast like kawaljeet singh, zarina wahab, nitin raaj etc. somehow he reminds me of ashish vidyarthi from show dastaan(probably it is his french cut beard and the limp) and aryan from jjkn( he has a very evil smirk, glittering eyes, caustic tongue and is unrepentant of his deeds).

Disha and Dushyant Feud

this is for all those who are as confused as me about the reason of hatred between disha and dushyant(can you believe it...it is all circumstantial)

It all started with dushyant searching for a new model for his new jewellery line. His staff zeroes in on ranu(they discover her at a mall).while looking through ranu's photos, dushyant sees disha in background and decides that disha is going to be the model. He tries to convince disha in his usual blustery and arrogant way but disha refuses(probably because the theme is too bold). dushyant does not give up and keeps pressuring her into it. At a party , he again tries to convince her but disha walks off. Then she feels somebody pulling at her sari(it is stuck in the nook of a furniture piece), she mistakenly assumes that it is dushyant and slaps him.She then walks off leaving dushyant publically humiliated and furious. He resolves that now he will get disha to model for him...whatever the cost.

When dushyant realises that disha's father has applied for a contract with dushyant's company "kanaka", he tries to ruin them financially hoping that disha will agree to model to get out of financial woes.Unfortunately disha's foster father vijendra takes the impending bankruptcy very badly and starts running sick...eventually he dies in an accident(probably he was under so much stress that he lost his concentration driving). suhasini who is disha's foster mother blames disha for all troubles(she lost her son because of disha's father,Her daughter ranu cannot marry her love inder because inder wants to marry disha and dushyant ruined the bhonsale family and caused vijendra's death (indirectly)because of his obsession with disha).

Now basically dushyant is looking for revenge and payback by humilliating disha and getting her to model for him on his terms(though the price he payed was that he had to marry her to do that) and disha blames him for her father's death and her family's hatred towards her. She got married to him so that she can destroy him and get him off her family's case(the price she payed was she had to agree to model for him).

Edited by sree_20 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Actually Vijayendra was not driving when he met with the accident. He had a driver.

It so happened that Ranu and Sukanya are back from their dubai trip and are returning home to surpise everyome. The taxi driver is very rash and he is driving crazly and it so happens that vijayendra's car is on the opp side(I don't understand this. He was too coming home after taking the money and I don't know how he eneded being in the opp. direction of this car) and the car driver is rash again and in order to save the balance, vijay's care goes into some ditch and probaly has a short circuit and catches fire.

Sukanya and ranu stop and see this but they don't help. Neither do they realize it is Vijay. So that is the reason I think partially suknya is responsible for the death and not Disha.
pj04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: smisha

Actually Vijayendra was not driving when he met with the accident. He had a driver.

It so happened that Ranu and Sukanya are back from their dubai trip and are returning home to surpise everyome. The taxi driver is very rash and he is driving crazly and it so happens that vijayendra's car is on the opp side(I don't understand this. He was too coming home after taking the money and I don't know how he eneded being in the opp. direction of this car) and the car driver is rash again and in order to save the balance, vijay's care goes into some ditch and probaly has a short circuit and catches fire.

Sukanya and ranu stop and see this but they don't help. Neither do they realize it is Vijay. So that is the reason I think partially suknya is responsible for the death and not Disha.

but this would mean ranu is also partly responsible. also i guessing they did not find vijendra's body....does this mean he could come back in the show.did the money burn out in the car accident???/

anitha.b thumbnail
Yes, the money and his body was all burned out. They get his belongings from the body. Probably they could not reconize the body and I think as u said may bring him back...the way these serials move these days.

Ranu is...but the thing is she was begging sukanya to help the people and she even called the police, but sukanya cuts the call.
Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 5 Thumbnail + 5

thanks guys, now i know what happend before. this really helps

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
hm.. thank you...that definitely does clear a lot of things and gives a good platform to start watching.. I do need to find a show to replace JJKN ... Looks like this is going to be it.. 😃
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
 This serial is quite nice but in the initial stages I felt it lacked the punch plus the situations were too fantastic,especially the Inder and Disha going round and round.DK is really impressive.Sanya is very stale and irritating.
pj04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

This serial is quite nice but in the initial stages I felt it lacked the punch plus the situations were too fantastic,especially the Inder and Disha going round and round.DK is really impressive.Sanya is very stale and irritating.

it seems to have picked up steam ever since disha/dk marraige. you said it ....dk is really impressive...and a good actor though i wish that disha was played by some one more accomplished.....i guess they did achieve the desired effect though...childish, innocent girl stuck with older, ruthless billionaire.sanya is definately irritating....actually we don't even need a vamp or a villian here...the couple has enough problems of thier own. however the speed with which the story is progressing , i don't see the show running too long. 

adi04 thumbnail
Yeah, I watched the first two episodes, but got bored and stopped watching....but started watching again with DK and Disha's wedding...things got interesting....now the show is very nice and great to watch....the villain, DK's stepmom is supposed to come when?? in december, right??
anitha.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: pj04

it seems to have picked up steam ever since disha/dk marraige. you said it ....dk is really impressive...and a good actor though i wish that disha was played by some one more accomplished.....i guess they did achieve the desired effect though...childish, innocent girl stuck with older, ruthless billionaire.sanya is definately irritating....actually we don't even need a vamp or a villian here...the couple has enough problems of thier own. however the speed with which the story is progressing , i don't see the show running too long. 

You never know pj...they can twist and twist and drag and drag...But I hope they don't ruin it....