Concept and Story

khwaboon_mein thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey guys, for those of u logged in, here's the story and concept πŸ˜‰

Kayamath is a story about changing relationships and of everlasting Love.

Concept & Story: Kayamath is a story about changing relationships and of everlasting Love.

Kayamath's story centers around Praachi - a simple girl with dreams in her eyes. Praachi believes in fairy tale romances and awaits her Prince Charming. In a world full of smart, confident and intelligent women Praachi comes across as a vulnerable and docile character.

She is a young sheltered girl who has never seen any struggle in her life. Praachi draws her strength from her father Inder Goenka and her childhood sweetheart Neev and is completely dependent on them.

Praachi and Neev are childhood friends, they love each other, but don't know about each other's feelings.

Praachi's life is completely transformed when on the day she is to get married to Neev, her father dies. As if the death of her father wasn't enough to shatter her dreams, she also learns of her father's illegitimate relationship with another woman and his other daughter Ayesha.

Circumstances change her life. The show is about Praachi's love and her life. Her life where she losses her most loved ones and her sacrifice for her loved ones...

Prachi's life is completely transformed after her circumstantial marriage with Milind. She fulfills her duties as a dutiful and sacrificing wife, who understands her responsibilities well. Ayesha, who's madly in love with Milind, constantly tries to create a rift between Milind and Prachi, so that she gets Milind back in her life, inspite of her marriage with Neev. Circumstances change Prachi's life. The show revolves around Prachi's love and her life.....

RIya πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Saara COMB - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smilecheese thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Characters:

Inder - Praachi and Ayesha's father
Aarti - Inder's wife and Praachi's mother
Praachi - The main protagonist
Neev - Pranay and Niharika's son and Praachi's childhood friend
Ayesha - Praachi's step sister
Amrita - Inder's love and Ayesha's mother

Praachi
Praachi is played by Panchi Vora. Panchi was Balaji Telefilms find, through a talent hunt. Praachi an innocent, lovable, introvert girl has always lead a sheltered life. A very docile, vulnerable, person Praachi cannot see anyone in pain, she always tries to help out. As a child she had once got lost in a very crowded place, that incident left a permanent scar on her mind, she still avoids going to crowded places. Her pillar of strength is her father and her childhood best friend Neev. For her life is all about love and believes that one day her Prince Charming will come and take her away.

Neev
Neev is played by Jay Bhanushali. Jay has been featured in a few Ads, but makes his debut on TV as an actor with Kayamath. Neev is a very practical, straight forward and spontaneous boy. A Casanova at heart Neev lives each day as it comes. He is very possessive about his family and friends. He treasures his friendship with Praachi. Neev does not know what love is and cannot understand how Prachi can believe in it so strongly.
KAfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: khwaboon_mein

πŸ˜ƒ

hey guys, for those of u logged in, here's the story and concept πŸ˜‰

Concept & Story: Kayamath is a story about changing relationships and of everlasting Love.

Kayamath's story centers around Praachi - a simple girl with dreams in her eyes. Praachi believes in fairy tale romances and awaits her Prince Charming. In a world full of smart, confident and intelligent women Praachi comes across as a vulnerable and docile character.

She is a young sheltered girl who has never seen any struggle in her life. Praachi draws her strength from her father Inder Goenka and her childhood sweetheart Neev and is completely dependent on them.

Praachi and Neev are childhood friends, they love each other, but don't know about each other's feelings.

Praachi's life is completely transformed when on the day she is to get married to Neev, her father dies. As if the death of her father wasn't enough to shatter her dreams, she also learns of her father's illegitimate relationship with another woman and his other daughter Ayesha.

Circumstances change her life. The show is about Praachi's love and her life. Her life where she losses her most loved ones and her sacrifice for her loved ones...

RIya πŸ˜ƒ

Tnx. Hasn't started in UK yet I don't think. If it has then wil watch it. If it hasn't wil hav 2 wait 3 weeks 4 it. 😊 

By the way which serials place is it taking? I mean one of Ekta's serials hav 2 finish 2 accommodate this one, so which one is it? πŸ˜‰

Edited by KAfan - 17 years ago
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
"As an actor, I have failed my mother"--Mohnish Behl

After a long innings on the big screen, Mohnish Behl's decision to try his luck on the small screen has not been a bad gamble at all. A few years back, Star Plus's Sanjivani saw him essaying the role of Shashank Gupta and earned him rave reviews. Later, viewers also loved him in Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki and Ek Ladki Anajni Si.

Now, very soon Mohnish will be seen in Ekta's new show Kayamath. In a short and candid chat, Mohnish gets talking about his journey so far in the world of showbiz.

"I always wanted to be a Pilot"

I was a regular at the Bomaby Flying Club and aspired to become a pilot. But destiny had other plans for me. Acting was not something that I planned. It just happened one fine day and since my family was into films, it was not a tough decision to make.

"As an actor, I have failed my mother"

I still remember how my mother wanted to see me as a successful actor. After trying my luck as a hero in films, I realized that it was not something destined for me, despite being the son of Nutan, the superstar of her times. Later, I drifted into doing negative roles and am grateful to Sooraj Bharjataya for giving my career a new life with Maine Pyar Kiya. I sometimes feel that I haven't been able to live upto to my mother's expectations and have failed her when it comes to acting.

"I have great respect for Ekta Kapoor"

A lot was written about my tiff with Ekta Kapoor, but actually there was nothing like that. I was too occupied with Kahaani and had no dates for Kasamh Se. But somehow people portrayed the whole issue in a negative way. My new show Kayamath is an answer to all those rumours about the bad blood between me and Ekta.

The new show Kayamath

I consider myself lucky to be getting consistent work. I am playing Panchi Bora's father Inder in the show. Inder is very passionate about art but is forced to settle down in business. I have a short role in the show. I think it will last for about 15 episodes and my death leaves behind a conflict that carries the story further.

Future Plans

I am currently doing a film with Vikram Bhat called Life Mein Kabhi Kabhi. At the moment, I have no plans to turn to production or direction. I am happy the way things are going.

Mages thumbnail

Cont...

'Kayamath…'a saga of a sweet relationship

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mumbai:  STAR PLUS once again brings forth a simple story of relatable characters in its new weekday primetime show-'Kayamath'. Replacing the successful show Kahin Toh Hoga in the slot, this unusual love story is Balaji Telefilms first presentation on the channel this year. The show will be aired from 19th Feb, Mon-Thurs, 11:00p.m, only on STAR PLUS!

Check out these images from the show!

Kayamath's story centers on the character 'Praachi' - a simple girl next door. She has dreams in her eyes and  believes in fairy tale' romances. She waits for  her 'Prince Charming'. In a world full of smart, confident and intelligent women Praachi comes across as a vulnerable & docile character. She is innocent, lovable, introvert, extremely home sick and very dependant on her father and best friend Neev. Kayamath is the story about Praachi's discovery of her love for Neev, and their journey from being just friends to being lovers or soul mates.

Commenting on show's concept says Shailja Kejriwal, Senior Creative Director of STAR India, "Shows like 'Kasautii' & 'Kahiin To Hoga' have shown time & again that simple love stories always find a place in the hearts of viewers. With 'Kayamath' coming at a primetime slot our endeavor is to unfold an intense, passionate love story which carries a simple plot through its "simple & relatable characters."

The show's prime focus Praachi will be played by Panchi Bora. Kayamath also stars veteran actor Mohnish Behl as Praachi's father, and debutant Jay Bhanushali who essays an important role of Praachi's best friend Neev, while actress Prachi Shah will be seen as Aarti (Praachi's mother) in the show. The cast also includes other important characters played by Shabbir Alhuwalia, Neena Kulkarni, Shenaz Patel, Suraj Thapar, Amita Chandikar, Mini Tiwari among others.

So, stay tuned to watch how love finds you…with  KAYAMATH

-Khushiyana- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Ekta Kapoor is coming up with 'Kayamath'

Ekta Kapoor's new daily soap 'Kayamath' will go on air on Star Plus replacing her old serial 'Kahion To Hoga' in the 2300 hrs slot from February 19.

Kayamath's story centers on the character 'Praachi' - a simple girl with dreams in her eyes, believes in 'fairy tale' romances as she awaits her 'prince charming'. In a world full of smart, confident and intelligent women, Praachi comes across as a vulnerable and docile character.

She is innocent, lovable, introvert, extremely homesick and very dependant on her father and best friend Neev. It is the story about Praachi's discovery of her love for Neev, and their journey from being just friends to being lovers or soulmates, said Ekta.

Commenting on show's concept, STAR India Senior Creative Director Shailja Kejriwal said, ''Shows like 'Kasautii Zindagi Ki' and 'Kahiin To Hoga' have shown that simple love stories always find a place in the hearts of viewers.

With 'Kayamath' coming at a primetime slot, our endeavour is to unfold an intense, passionate love story which carries a simple plot through its simple and relatable characters.'' The show's prime focus Praachi will be played by Panchi Bora.

The serial stars veteran actor Mohnish Behl as Praachi's father, and debutant Jay Bhanushali, who essays an important role of Praachi's best friend Neev, while actress Prachi Shah will be seen as Aarti (Praachi's mother) in the show. The cast also includes other important characters played by Shabbir Alhuwalia, Neena Kulkarni, Shenaz Patel, Suraj Thapar, Amita Chandikar, Mini Tiwari among others.

Source Link: http://123india.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=13328
Mages thumbnail

illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thankxx alot everyone...gr8 INFO πŸ‘

Saraa
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: KAfan

Tnx. Hasn't started in UK yet I don't think. If it has then wil watch it. If it hasn't wil hav 2 wait 3 weeks 4 it. 😊 

By the way which serials place is it taking? I mean one of Ekta's serials hav 2 finish 2 accommodate this one, so which one is it? πŸ˜‰

its taking over Kahin toh Hoga's place...at 11:00 india time!

Saraa

ksbkbtfan1 thumbnail
thnx alot for all the fantastic info!!