Fashion and Beauty
Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Silky, Straight hair (Page 2)

bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 2:03am | IP Logged
heyy naina! i hav curly hair too like ur frend! n if i wnt straight hair.. i jst straighten it.. bt i dnt use any products on it at all.. n it gives me gd results! altho.. heat protection wud be a gd idea Embarrassed LOL

as divya sed... GHDs wud be the best! bt other straighteners can be gd too!

also.. dnt brush the curls out too harshly... it can lead to broken and veryyy frizzy hair! trust me.. iv done it before.. n it hurt... n my hair ws sooo dam frizzy!! n i dint get gd sleek results after straightening either! Ouch

for shine... as datspreets sed... put oil in it overnight and wash it in the morning... Embarrassed Big smile it reeli wrks! even with curls u get shine! Big smile

Edited by bollycrazy - 13 April 2007 at 1:09pm
kieraknightley1 Senior Member
kieraknightley1
kieraknightley1

Posted: 14 April 2007 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Yes but just to get a shine you should apply oil to your hair in moderation otherwise one can end up with greasy hair
radha_8 IF-Rockerz
radha_8
radha_8

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bollycrazy

heyy naina! i hav curly hair too like ur frend! n if i wnt straight hair.. i jst straighten it.. bt i dnt use any products on it at all.. n it gives me gd results! altho.. heat protection wud be a gd idea Embarrassed LOL

also.. dnt brush the curls out too harshly... it can lead to broken and veryyy frizzy hair! trust me.. iv done it before.. n it hurt... n my hair ws sooo dam frizzy!! n i dint get gd sleek results after straightening either! Ouch

for shine... as datspreets sed... put oil in it overnight and wash it in the morning... Embarrassed Big smile it reeli wrks! even with curls u get shine! Big smile

same here ...yaar.........i have curly hair and i just straighten it but what do u mean by "not brushing the curls too harshly"????? plzzzzzzz explainnnnnnnn

mezzy1 Newbie
mezzy1
mezzy1

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
she can use a vidal sasoon hair straightner Wink Wink
babii.girl IF-Sizzlerz
babii.girl
babii.girl

Posted: 15 April 2007 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
tell ur friend to use the corioliss straightner..its a profesional statigtner ..and it really works..ur hair doesnt get puffy after like the regualar starightners.

I got it for $160 Embarrassed
but der now like $100
Kruthika.N IF-Veteran Member
Kruthika.N
Kruthika.N

PPAW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 16 April 2007 at 8:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naina_Manam

Hey Friends,

Well, before I present you with my question, let me tell you a small story first.

I have a friend who just loves straight and silky hair but she has curly hair and its not really silky either.  I have straight and silky hair naturally.  Now, everyday she asks me what I use and what kind of straighteners etc. I use.  And everyday I tell her that I don't use anything special with my hair.

She is just obsessed with silky straight hair so can you guys help me give her some tips for that??

She, like me, doesn't like to use a lot of artificial products... So any tips/remedies you can suggest will be really appreciated.

If you think any products really work well, please do post about them too!

Thanks in advance!

Love,

Naina Heart

I don't think I could help you out that much, since I am just like you. My hair is really really silky, and I don't use anything special on itEmbarrassed 

bollycrazy IF-Dazzler
bollycrazy
bollycrazy

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seeragurl07

Originally posted by bollycrazy

same here ...yaar.........i have curly hair and i just straighten it but what do u mean by "not brushing the curls too harshly"????? plzzzzzzz explainnnnnnnn

lol! i mean.. wen (or if) u brush out ur curls... dont pull harshly on the hair... it damages and break the hair! its the same for anyone brushing out knots Big smile also... my hairdresser sed tht its bad to brush out naturally curly hair newys.. because apparently it loosens the curls over time, so that its less curly... bt i brush it newys.. i cnt take it knotted LOL

sori if it was or still is unclear Embarrassed x

kyphfanz IF-Dazzler
kyphfanz
kyphfanz

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
yo
first of all i would suggest u tell ur friend tht the curls look gd on her n stuff. i have curly hair..n i luv them...just tell her tht curls make u stand out...

n as 4 the product maybe an strigtin iron or other products will help..but if she want permanet stright than the palours always provides tht...

hope it helped... Big smile

Go to top