Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 18 February 2007 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Hey Friends,

Well, before I present you with my question, let me tell you a small story first.

I have a friend who just loves straight and silky hair but she has curly hair and its not really silky either.  I have straight and silky hair naturally.  Now, everyday she asks me what I use and what kind of straighteners etc. I use.  And everyday I tell her that I don't use anything special with my hair.

She is just obsessed with silky straight hair so can you guys help me give her some tips for that??

She, like me, doesn't like to use a lot of artificial products... So any tips/remedies you can suggest will be really appreciated.

If you think any products really work well, please do post about them too!

Thanks in advance!

Love,

Naina Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rinkalp90

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Silky, Straight hair" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 3:13am | IP Logged

Aaaw! Shame! I am obsessed with straight hair as well... Embarrassed

I think she can try the GHD hair iron to straighten hair. It also doesn't damage the hair like other professional irons. To keep her hair from getting damaged she can use the redken heat protecter gel. It is water based instead of oil based so it prevents the hair from getting greasy quickly.

This is what I use, so I know it works. I can't really say anything about other products cos I know nothing about it. The GHD is a bit pricey, but is a good investment for yourself coz it gives excellent results Big smile

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:40am | IP Logged
I think if she oils her hair with coconut oil(parachute)the night before shampooing her hair, it'll not need any conditioning and they do become shinier and softer. Ir works well for me.

I too have staright hair, which are soft and silky! She can also comb her hair more often, that lends a shine to the hair!

1mangalore

Goldie

1mangalore

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DivyaD

I think she can try the GHD hair iron to straighten hair. It also doesn't damage the hair like other professional irons. To keep her hair from getting damaged she can use the redken heat protecter gel. It is water based instead of oil based so it prevents the hair from getting greasy quickly.

This is what I use, so I know it works. I can't really say anything about other products cos I know nothing about it. The GHD is a bit pricey, but is a good investment for yourself coz it gives excellent results Big smile

what is GHDConfused

blooper58

blooper58

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 1mangalore

Originally posted by DivyaD

what is GHDConfused

It's a hair straightening iron (GHD = Good Hair Day).

Edited by blooper58 - 19 February 2007 at 5:04pm

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Thanks Divya and Preets!!

I will lend her some of these useful tips. Embarrassed

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 13 April 2007 at 1:54am | IP Logged
At the salon they said Mustard Oil is really good for your hair...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top