College & University

Living and Working in Bangalore

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Georg

Georg

Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Hi all,
i am a student from Germany and i'm going to make a traineeship in Bangalore for six month starting in october 2007.
i will get 10,000 Rp per month and i am not sure if i can make a living with that.
how much is a reasonable accommodation in south-east of bangalore? i mean a small appartment with toilet, shower and maybe a small kitchen.
Where can i find such a appartment and how should i start finding one - internet, newspapers? Maybe you can give some starting points.

As my girlfriend is coming with me, we must find a job or traineeship for her. She is working in the social sector with childrens/disabled people/old people... It would be great to find such a job in bangalore. But where to start looking? Got some hints?

All anwers are appreciated.

Greetings from Germany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Living and Working in Bangalore" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Hi Georg,

I do not live in Bangalore so can't give you exact facts. But you might be able to get a decent accomodation for about 4,000 pm. BUt i think if your girlfrined is also coming along, 10,000 bucks will be a a little tight. Some more money would help. cause apart from apartment charges you need to buy home supplies and food and travel costs also increase in a metro like B'lore.

As far as her finding a job is concerned, there are jobs in social sectors, NGO's etc, maybe she can start searching the net for the same.

Hope that helps
Preeti

ellemenopee

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top