College & University

India-Forums

Living and Working in Bangalore

Georg Newbie
Georg
Georg

Posted: 18 February 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Hi all,
i am a student from Germany and i'm going to make a traineeship in Bangalore for six month starting in october 2007.
i will get 10,000 Rp per month and i am not sure if i can make a living with that.
how much is a reasonable accommodation in south-east of bangalore? i mean a small appartment with toilet, shower and maybe a small kitchen.
Where can i find such a appartment and how should i start finding one - internet, newspapers? Maybe you can give some starting points.

As my girlfriend is coming with me, we must find a job or traineeship for her. She is working in the social sector with childrens/disabled people/old people... It would be great to find such a job in bangalore. But where to start looking? Got some hints?

All anwers are appreciated.

Greetings from Germany.

datspreets IF-Veteran Member
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Hi Georg,

I do not live in Bangalore so can't give you exact facts. But you might be able to get a decent accomodation for about 4,000 pm. BUt i think if your girlfrined is also coming along, 10,000 bucks will be a a little tight. Some more money would help. cause apart from apartment charges you need to buy home supplies and food and travel costs also increase in a metro like B'lore.

As far as her finding a job is concerned, there are jobs in social sectors, NGO's etc, maybe she can start searching the net for the same.

Hope that helps
Preeti
ellemenopee IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top