Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Less (Women) 2 WL Riders in Delhi?

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 17 February 2007 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
I have noticed several times that one sees more women 2 WL (bike or scooter) riders (by rider I mean driver) in smaller cities and towns (Jaipur, Indore, Bhopal, Raipur, Dehradun, Pune, Hyd, Bangalore or any other part of India). On Delhi road I hardly see women 2 WL riders....was thinking why is it so.

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

I have noticed several times that one sees more women 2 WL (bike or scooter) riders (by rider I mean driver) in smaller cities and towns (Jaipur, Indore, Bhopal, Raipur, Dehradun, Pune, Hyd, Bangalore or any other part of India). On Delhi road I hardly see women 2 WL riders....was thinking why is it so.

is is faster traffic and bigger roads?  and better public transport  offered by Delhi?  so is the  case in downtown Mumbai Heart.. (atleast 10 years ago)
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

women look like men in larger metropolis

women look like men in metro??  i would much rather say they look alike.  isn't "kurties" metrosexual and high fashion, well some look good, but some look like confused girly men in them!   Don't men get blonde streaks in hair these days DeadDead  .. i guess both the sexes are looking for equality after all..  WinkWink

I don't think it has anything to do with metropolitan girls being boyish, they can always ride bikes in that case.. I m sure it has to do with better public transport, faster traffic and bigger vehicles on main roads. 
In mumbai suburban areas, you will see gals riding 2wl.
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
I donot know driving vehicle!! So no comments from myside Ouch
ani11 IF-Sizzlerz
ani11
ani11

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

in smaller city they retain their femininity rather significantly ..... for instance in Rajasthan they ride ( and i too mean drive ) those vehicles wearing ghungaat and nose rings et al

women driving in ghoonghatROFLLOLthat is something impossible to imagineLOLLOL

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ani11

in smaller city they retain their femininity rather significantly ..... for instance in Rajasthan they ride ( and i too mean drive ) those vehicles wearing ghungaat and nose rings et al

Why is it impossible to imagine.Last month when I was going to my office(already I was late) I saw a woman on a Scooty with a Burqua and a helmet on her head.I was Confused to see a variety person.I  thought about her  for somuch time as I got confused seeing her but later I realised she is perfect.Its a  rule that every 2 wheeler vehicle driver should wear a helmet in hyderabad.So she put the helmet.According to her religion she put the burqua.According to the modern times and necessity she is driving a scooty.She is a traditional ,law obeying ,modern woman.Smile

cheers,

Mythili

ani11 IF-Sizzlerz
ani11
ani11

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Originally posted by ani11

Why is it impossible to imagine.Last month when I was going to my office(already I was late) I saw a woman on a Scooty with a Burqua and a helmet on her head.I was Confused to see a variety person.I  thought about her  for somuch time as I got confused seeing her but later I realised she is perfect.Its a  rule that every 2 wheeler vehicle driver should wear a helmet in hyderabad.So she put the helmet.According to her religion she put the burqua.According to the modern times and necessity she is driving a scooty.She is a traditional ,law obeying ,modern woman.Smile

cheers,

Mythili

Burkha is fine because u can see from it but u can't see if u have a ghoongat on ur face.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top