your views abt Divorce? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 11

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 7:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

specific case you cite u have a point but other than those few isolated situations...u cant write it down in the rule book. The frivolousness of most divorces undermines the compelling cases you put forth

While we are thrashing divorces here, it should be noted that in most marriages  status quo is the position frequently taken. We all have seen couples who don't seem to belong together any more and wonder why they are still together. It seems if everyone who wanted to divorce did exactly that the D rate would be more then 50%.

Edited by lighthouse - 19 February 2007 at 7:49pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "your views abt Divorce? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

[QUOTE=mermaid_QT] [QUOTE=qwertyesque]

BTW "Marriage is a private affair but divorce is a public affair".

wishes,

Mythili

PS: QWERT ji!

So earlier u were like this:

So now u are like this:

haila marriage kabse private ho gaya.. bhul gayi woh hazaar log jo phokat mey khana khake gaye... (and they wrote presents in blessings instead of cash onlyLOL) Also with staged marriages.. now reality tv will soon make it a national affair...

Oy myth.. mera mazak kiu uda rahi hay tu...LOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 19 February 2007 at 9:49pm

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 12:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

[QUOTE=mermaid_QT] [QUOTE=qwertyesque]

BTW "Marriage is a private affair but divorce is a public affair".

wishes,

Mythili

PS: QWERT ji!

So earlier u were like this:

So now u are like this:

haila marriage kabse private ho gaya.. bhul gayi woh hazaar log jo phokat mey khana khake gaye... (and they wrote presents in blessings instead of cash onlyLOL) Also with staged marriages.. now reality tv will soon make it a national affair...

Oy myth.. mera mazak kiu uda rahi hay tu...LOL

"Marriage is a Private affair " is a wonderful essay written by Albert Chinualumogu Achebe .This was in our English Reader long time back may be in my 9th standard. A good essay which depicts the unnecessary involvment of society in an individual's marriage.This is the link for that article.Have a glance at it.

http://www.ur.se/sprak/engelska/pdfdocs/engelska_vt99/marria ge.pdf

PS: BTW keyboard is called by the name of keyboard !! How can we call it CPULOL

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 8:40am | IP Logged
I would think the most compelling reason for divorce can be the opportunity to have variety of spouses and different forms of intimacy... after all life is too short to get stuck with one for 2-3 decades when there so many fishes in the ocean... Smile

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 8:57am | IP Logged

I would think the most compelling reason for divorce can be the opportunity to have variety of spouses and different forms of intimacy... after all life is too short to get stuck with one for 2-3 decades when there so many fishes in the ocean... Smile

that reason is soooooo...................Deadhow could u even come up with something like thatOuch

Really Qwerty once u have kids ,nothing else matters and people have really some serious reasons to get divorced(i am talking abt the desi people)God who would put their kids' life at stake for such frivolous reasonOuch

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:03am | IP Logged

Really? What happened to good old fashioned affairs and not so old trend of open marriages.LOL 

I think divorces happen because mentally and emotionaly both or at least one of them cannot live with the other. 

Edited by lighthouse - 20 February 2007 at 9:05am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ani11

that reason is soooooo...................Deadhow could u even come up with something like thatOuch

Really Qwerty once u have kids ,nothing else matters and people have really some serious reasons to get divorced(i am talking abt the desi people)God who would put their kids' life at stake for such frivolous reasonOuch

Ok ani.. I am sorry I offended your values.. i take back what i said;;;

Edited by qwertyesque - 20 February 2007 at 9:26am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:15am | IP Logged
I think I should divorce this topic!!!
I cannot speak more in this topic!!
Sayanora!!!
Myth

Post Reply New Post

Go to top