your views abt Divorce? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 11

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Keyboardji... Statisticaly speaking , divorce rate for 2nd marriages is twice and almost 80% for the 3rd. Confused. I guess old adage is true- older one gets ,it is difficult to adjust to someone new when one is set in ways in life. Don't know why it is important to marry again when you have been there done that.

Dont give american statistics - the chance of indian getting married second time is veri bad and then 3rd 4th.. have no chance.....forget divorce... I have see many cases of males getting married within an year after their wife had died or divorced but tons of woman struggling to get that second hubby... i dont know where u get the stats frommSmile

[/QUOTE]

It is routinely reported in the news but if you need hard copy , lookup http://www.divorcerate.org/

True. You said Indian and I know even men have tough time getting 2nd wife without making some sort of compromise. In womens cases it becomes harder if there are kids from the 1st marriage, because men generally shy away from such women.

A good friend of ours divorced after 10yrs of marriage and 2 kids. His condition for the 2nd wife to be was that she could be divorcee/widow but no kids.Ouch and he found a divorcee without kids.

Also I feel women are restrained 2nd time around to make the commitment to marry. To marry again in less then a year after divorce seems hasty but hey in India we have seen 50 yr old men getting married to a girl half his age within 2 months of being divorced/widowed.  

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "your views abt Divorce? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

What do you mean by dependency/Are you talking financial dependency?

Please clarify.

Mostly financial dependency but some women prefer to be married again for whatever reason.

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 20 February 2007 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by umshumier

umm divorce is fine...no one shud be forced to live with someone they relly dunt love..but unless they have kidz..then they shud relly try to work thingz out..

i think everybody should be able to divorce everybody.. if a kid feels the mom is making him drink too much of 2% or whole milk they should be able to divorce the mother since that can cause obesity in later stages.......So also if the father refuses to buy toys periodically they should be able to divorce the father on grounds of peer pressure related mental torment...

hmm... sounds so good.Smile

what noble ideasStern Smilei am glad that my kids don't come on the forum ,i am not sure abt hubby but my kids would have definitely divorced me after reading thisLOLLOL

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:16am | IP Logged

well said dewey... Smileu are not decimated though....LOL

Thanks qwertoo, waisay don't you think keyboard is now very popular and it is time to launch something newLOL ..*don't kill me *LOL

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

Originally posted by lighthouse

Please clarify.

Mostly financial dependency but some women prefer to be married again for whatever reason.

spell it out will ya ?Wink

interested naive member wanna know Tongue

Of all the reasons I know, love prolly ain't one of them. Wink 

See some ppl are hell bent on getting married again before even finding a mate first and may be then think about marriage.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Please clarify.

See some ppl are hell bent on getting married again before even finding a mate first and may be then think about marriage.

come on, can u two stop beating round the bush...LOL eggy wants to hear the word "sex".. happy eggy?LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:26am | IP Logged

Please clarify.

In the past five years, three of our clients have been happily re-married.  Two of those have been able to DEPORT their ex-husbands ClapClap and they all along with their kids have found a new home.  We have 3 more who are afraid of the entire ordeal, and hence wish to stay single.  Surprisingly, all the three who wish to stay single were stay-home moms for years and were far from being financially independent.  They are studying and working now. 
Of the three remarried, two have excellent earning capacity and jobs in high tech silicon valley companies.  They still preferred to re-marry, the main desire being want of a FAMILY to call their own. 

These numbers are inadequate for any statistical analyses, yet something to ponder.  These are all women of Asian subcontinent  (one from Srilanka)
and the three who remarried, found a widower / divorcee.  They all have kids of their own and so do their new husbands.  They are women in late 30s and we wish them well. 
I have no idea whether and how hard it is for divorced Indian women in India to re-marry (sure sounds like it from the discussion), & I prefer to shut up and not comment when I don't know something LOLLOL.. So there.. I only commented on the happy 2nd chances seen around me.

mqt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 21 February 2007 at 10:29am

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:27am | IP Logged

come on, can u two stop beating round the bush...LOL eggy wants to hear the word "sex".. happy eggy?LOL

That would be Martian theory..LOL Although wasn't it you Qwerty who said after 2 yrs of marriage sex is non existent..Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top