your views abt Divorce? - Page 3

Posted: 17 years ago

This in interesting in polygamous muslim guys i think...outside the shariat  how does the husband divorce his wife, one at a time or all at a time..... Does he hold performance reviews before divorcing any of them.. can he divorce one wife while another wife divorces him on grounds of sexual harrassment and third one commits survival adultery (that is without being stoned to death)....there might be a algorithm for wealth distribution...how do the children get distributed, is it in a round robin fashiion if all of them end in a divorce.... what happens if this idea is merged with american trend of fast-food divorces... how many step fathers and step mothers can constitute the smallest logical family....

man.. this is getting too doctoral.... πŸ˜†

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 years ago
Nice remarks ANI .. well-said earlier.

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Nice remarks Myth and very funny first half.  Loved it and can share with a few around πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Divorce !!  Depends on the situations!!! Divorce for simple reasons like :
  1. You are not my soul mate,I found my really real soul mate (πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰  Maya should really not have left Hrishi πŸ‘πŸΌ what a loser eh.. πŸ˜†)
  2. Why don't you work and why should I cook all the times?? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  3. Why are you momma's Boy or why do you cherish your parents all the times πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  4. Why don't you take me to holiday trips!!🀣🀣 this one is the best and i know someone who actually did that..
 senseless!!   Indeed!!  πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

But if the partner abuses and tortures a person mentally and physically,then after seeing for some considerable time ( hmm..  according to me, considerable time is the time between the first hit and second . If and when 2nd happens,  TIME IS UP for good. ) ,we need to leave the partner !!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

In general, I hate the concept of DIVORCE!!! - It is heartwrenching, and hence should be avoided as much as reasonably possible. (Yet I think it should not be labeled as hateful.  It is the victory in freedom-struggle in one sense for those who deserve and hence seeked it ?  not the ridiculous ones you described earlier, but the latterπŸ‘)

Cheers,
Mythili

Everyone deserves Love & Peace .  If divorce brings them that, so be it!  & people worried about "what other people will say" , "what about the traditions" should as always take a hike to wherever and not return if possible πŸ˜‰

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Nice remarks ANI .. well-said earlier.

Everyone deserves Love & Peace .  If divorce brings them that, so be it!  & people worried about "what people will say" , what about the traditions" should as always take a hike to wherever and not return if possible πŸ˜‰

you have to care because you want to be accepted in the society... 😊..unless you live in the antarctica..dancing with your happy feet... If you dont respect values and traditions... why even marry.... dont u want to have the cake and eat it too??πŸ˜†... have my kind of husband, in my kinda marriage, in my kinda world...πŸ˜†..

Originally posted by qwertyesque

you have to care because you want to be accepted in the society... 😊..unless you live in the antarctica..dancing with your happy feet... If you dont respect values and traditions... why even marry.... dont u want to have the cake and eat it too??πŸ˜†... have my kind of husband, in my kinda marriage, in my kinda world...πŸ˜†..

It was a bait for u my friend πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  and u took it ;)
traditions are fine as long as they don;t make the person's life hell.  a woman getting beaten up day after day needs to get out no matter what the traditions may say.   i know ppl who think D is bad yet beating up is okay.  they won;t let their daughter take a D, its okay if she DIES??  such ppl shuld take a hile forever

1. You were pretty and thin when we got married and now bulky after having 2 kids.  Now let me go and have an affair. 

2. If you have a full-fledged career then who will do all the cooking and cleaning?

3. I need to listen to my Mommy because she gave birth to me hence owns me. Now about your parents I am not responsible as they gave you away so you shouldn't bother either.

4.  I am traveling most of the time so you be at home and take care of  the kids and grocery and lawn mowing and laundry and cooking and………….. I have no time for holidays either. Take vacation by yourself.

Yes, Silly reasons like these are indeed senseless.

sowmyaji... Sant dhyaneshwar is not a spam!!! he is a well known saint from Maharashtra for your information...how can u say such a thing...

No, I didn't label any particular Saint a spammer.

My request came from a general observation on several threads including this one. I have noticed we've been often unnecessarily slipping into off track back and forth chatting completely irrelevant to topic. Let's try to avoid it.

I decide when does that happen and exercise my discretion to point out and further act to curtail it.

Thank you 😊
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

It was a bait for u my friend πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  and u took it ;)
traditions are fine as long as they don;t make the person's life hell.  a woman getting beaten up day after day needs to get out no matter what the traditions may say.   i know ppl who think D is bad yet beating up is okay.  they won;t let their daughter take a D, its okay if she DIES??  such ppl shuld take a hile forever

man if you a hang me a bait in hell, sure as hell i will take it... 😊... u know that right...?πŸ˜† so yes in that specific case you cite u have a point but other than those few isolated situations...u cant write it down in the rule book. The frivolousness of most divorces undermines the compelling cases you put forth

Divorce is common these days because now people are independent compared to olden times and also have less fear of the society. It doesn't mean that couples were very happy earlier. They had to deal with infidelity, abuse and all sorts of torture even then but they didn't have anywhere to go and neither did they have the education to get a job or guts to face the society by themselves.

Having said that I wouldn't take divorce lightly. I am not taking western society as an example where 'irreconcilable differences' are a common ground for divorce. If we take Indian society then there are major issues connected with divorce and in most cases it is infidelity or a spouse abuse. Most take this action only when things get unbearable.

Children do get affected in broken families and it is a shame that parents put their selfishness before kids. When a couple decides to have a kid then that should be their foremost priority. They are not doing any favour to children by bringing them to this world. It is their responsibility to take care of the kids and instill good values in them. When children are in the picture then a couple should try hard to save their marriage. If one fails only then divorce should be an option.

Originally posted by Maya_M

Divorce is common these days because now people are independent compared to olden times and also have less fear of the society. It doesn't mean that couples were very happy earlier. They had to deal with infidelity, abuse and all sorts of torture even then but they didn't have anywhere to go and neither did they have the education to get a job or guts to face the society by themselves.

Having said that I wouldn't take divorce lightly. I am not taking western society as an example where 'irreconcilable differences' are a common ground for divorce. If we take Indian society then there are major issues connected with divorce and in most cases it is infidelity or a spouse abuse. Most take this action only when things get unbearable.

Children do get affected in broken families and it is a shame that parents put their selfishness before kids. When a couple decides to have a kid then that should be their foremost priority. They are not doing any favour to children by bringing them to this world. It is their responsibility to take care of the kids and instill good values in them. When children are in the picture then a couple should try hard to save their marriage. If one fails only then divorce should be an option.

Well we are grown independent enough to defy tradition, dump spouses and parents but still have some compelling reason to be kid-centric society... Whats the deal here.?.. Kids are just biological idiots who may grow up to be selfish and hopefully thinking and/or benevolent individuals despite what kind of family they come from.... if we rant more on this we stand to gain more than anything else...😊..need of the hour....country needs to go on atkins.

man if you a hang me a bait in hell, sure as hell i will take it... 😊... u know that right...?πŸ˜† so yes in that specific case you cite u have a point but other than those few isolated situations...u cant write it down in the rule book. The frivolousness of most divorces undermines the compelling cases you put forth

Sure qwerty. I dearly agree with ur views and mythili and others on the fivolousness of some, which sounds like it is the mockery of marriage itself πŸ˜• . Only when the DIRE need arises, D becomes esssential,  and should be supported and looked at as a new beginning πŸ‘πŸΌ at that stage. 

Nicely said Maya..πŸ‘
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago