Computers, Science, Technology

MSN charging users fee - Rumour unfolds

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 13 February 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
I bet that rumour about msn charging users fee for using hotmail has been doing the rounds in everyones inbox as forwarded messages. I, myself, probably got around 20 or so during the past fews years. When you read it, it most surely looks like a prank but doubt runs through our mind when we see a link providing us with evidence. Well, for me the link never actually worked so i wasn't able to read it.
As the title says, the rumour does unfold. This time my inbox contained a new message regarding how this rumour came about.
So here is the link to provide you with more details. I will now hand you over to my assistant who will fill you in with the detailsTongue >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4778046.stm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

albusdumbledore

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MSN charging users fee - Rumour unfolds" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

albusdumbledore

IF-Dazzler

albusdumbledore

Posted: 15 February 2007 at 4:28am | IP Logged
you know what I too did get that mail about a year and half back.....

I thought it to be a scam....of sum sort and avoided it...

but as they say on the BBC site... every day we get tons of messages of relatives of deposed dictators, bank employees embezzling funds etc.... I did what we all do with them.....

select all =>> delete / mark spam etc... or whatever....Tongue

tejas

Edited by albusdumbledore - 15 February 2007 at 4:29am

othniel

othniel

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, spam!

Khaya

IF-Stunnerz

Khaya

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Yea I got the emails too... thanx 4 sharing the link Smile

amar1089

amar1089

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
ya i got that message too, but my filter put in the span folder..so i didnt really check it out. I don't care either cus i am running msn premium.

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 19 March 2007 at 5:34am | IP Logged
thanks dear Tongue

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 28 March 2007 at 11:29am | IP Logged
i don't think its possible .. as every company is offering many services free of cost .. so if any one want to stick to market they have to offer it free ..

but this is kind of SPAM . may be virus also .. so be carefully before forwarding any such email to your friends .. just take few efforts mto find out weather it real or not .. as many of us just fwd the same to other as some some else has forwarded the same to them . and it is difficult to trace the source of the information ..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top