Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

I am sick of jassi crying over her looks (Page 2)

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Jammy -

What you say is very true. I do feel morally stranded with
JJKN in many levels from the double standards to the
hypocracy to the false hope. Thus I have decided to make
Kkusum my idol...cuz I need more confusion in my life.   Confused
Confused Confused

Just kidding...   Wink Wink Wink

Anyway, what is a bigger bugger is that I spent time writing
one whole post on how I felt bad for Jassi, but seems like she
is moving ahead full speed! As a person before you open a
new chapter, you need to close the previous chapter, but it
doesn't seem like she found closure or did I miss something?

Tonight when I go home, I am gonna leave my brains at the
doorstep.

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Minnie I agree with you completely!!  Jassi doesnt look presentable, she looks like a caracature.  There is a difference between looking decent and looking like a beauty queen.  I think trying to look your best is commendable.  At the moment Jassi looks like a fifty year old aunty ji.  In her chosen profession (head of a fashion co) that is not a good idea. 

Jassi cant even be described as ordinary looking - she has become a figure of ridicule because she looks stupid.  Yes she has acheived so much with this look and that is commendable, but Jassi wont be letting down impressionable girls by making the most of what she has she will be inspiring them.  Again Jammy you are seeing it from a male perspective.  To most girls looks are important, being the subject of ridicule is painful.

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 2:00pm | IP Logged

You are right Jammy. But it would be nice to show people what a little bit of good dress sense and make up with a good hair style will do for a girl.

I think rather hope T&D are not planning to give Jassi  an extreme - make over with a plastic surgeon. I would like to think of it as showing people that nobody is truly ugly. if they have a good hair stylist and choose their dresses with a little more sense  they can be as pretty as anyone else

Remember Kajol from Kuch Kuch hota hain  - a little eyeliner, blush and va-va-voom

Unfortunately this world is shallow and looks do matter. Infact there was a research done in the US where in 2 people with the same qualification and abilities were sent to differnt job interviews - one was beautiful/handsome  the other was you know plain looking. And the result  - every single time the good looking ones got the job. Sad but true

anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
in my point of view... you don't need to look according to miss universe's title but you need to look so that you have some self-respect and not need to be too self-consicious all the time. You shoudl look decent enoguhthat you are happy with who you are and not embarrased.
adi04 Senior Member
adi04
adi04

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

I'm actually writing a paper on media influence on body image, for women that is....Women and girls are bombarded with images of the perfect woman--which does not exist....first of all---the models, beauty queens, etc. usually are not all 'natural' and plus in ads, their is computerization involved in perfecting the image of woman....

So yeah, turning Jassi into a bombshell would definitely send the wrong message--basically the message society is already sending, that the perfect body is a beautiful and thin woman....but I do agree that looking presentable is needed in this world, especially the business world.....appearances, unforunately are quite significant.....it is a reflection on how u take care of yourself.....so no need for tons and tons of makeup and the most fashionable clothes....but just an approiate attire that is suitable for the surrounding around you---the business world....

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Hi,

I think you girls are getting me wrong, look I never said that jassi's shouldnot look presentable. All I said is that jassi should stop crying about her looks 24/7. There is a diffrence in changing yourself and crying publically about your looks.  when I said that jassi kuch hi haftoo main badal jaayegi aur un ladkiyoon ka kya hoga means I am saying that after publically crying about her looks for 24/7 she will change her self because she is changeable, because she can afford that. What about those who cant afford? If she needs to change she can, but she needs to stop publically crying about her looks.

Hey surnita you thought my post to be from a male prespective, thank god and here I was afriad of being labaled as a femenist. LOL

I still dont get why an intelligent girl like jassi needs to be shown what is wrong with her!! Also If she doesnt know what is wrong with her why does she constantly keep reapeating ke yeh meri galati hain!!

That is the wrong message i am talking about. I dont care if she changes the way she presents herself. But After saying that she doesnt cares for her looks, her constantly crying about her looks just sends another wrong message i must say.

Jammy.
adi04 Senior Member
adi04
adi04

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 9:27pm | IP Logged

Hey surnita you thought my post to be from a male prespective, thank god and here I was afriad of being labaled as a femenist.

Jammy, why are u afraid of being labeled a feminist....there are guys that I know who are feminists and are quite secure with their masculinity... 

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adi04

Hey surnita you thought my post to be from a male prespective, thank god and here I was afriad of being labaled as a femenist.

Jammy, why are u afraid of being labeled a feminist....there are guys that I know who are feminists and are quite secure with their masculinity... 

Hi,

I am not afraid of being labled I was just kidding.  because i thought that i was speaking like a femenist and here surnita was thinking that i was speaking like a male.

Jammy.

Go to top