Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

love_Jassi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Originally posted by: Minnie

I posted this on the update section & I'm posting it again because this fits here completely.

Jammy,stop making Jassi a mother IndiaπŸ˜†.She is a normal girl with normal aspirations and looking good is one of them.

Here I can understand her characterisation.She had achieved quite a lot without her looks and somewhere she had become complacent about the fact that she was not good looking and looks and personality doesn't matter.This complacency on her part was wrong.

Now she has lost a lot and her first instinct is to blame her own looks because that has been the cause of her setbacks all through her life. Also that is why now she has now painfully become aware of her shortcomings all over again.

Frankly it's good that todays naive kids get the message that looking presentable is important - And I'm not talking of beauty,it has nothing to do with it - and personality does matter and it's a very important part of success in life.

Originally posted by: qwww

You are right Jammy. But it would be nice to show people what a little bit of good dress sense and make up with a good hair style will do for a girl.

I think rather hope T&D are not planning to give Jassi  an extreme - make over with a plastic surgeon. I would like to think of it as showing people that nobody is truly ugly. if they have a good hair stylist and choose their dresses with a little more sense  they can be as pretty as anyone else

Remember Kajol from Kuch Kuch hota hain  - a little eyeliner, blush and va-va-voom

Unfortunately this world is shallow and looks do matter. Infact there was a research done in the US where in 2 people with the same qualification and abilities were sent to differnt job interviews - one was beautiful/handsome  the other was you know plain looking. And the result  - every single time the good looking ones got the job. Sad but true

Originally posted by: anniegupta_

in my point of view... you don't need to look according to miss universe's title but you need to look so that you have some self-respect and not need to be too self-consicious all the time. You shoudl look decent enoguhthat you are happy with who you are and not embarrased.

Very very well said.As it is,it's tough to come out of a certain mindset and I would say Jassi's setback is enough to leave a beauty queen shattered leave alone the anguish and the embarrassment which is normal under such circumstances which can break toughest of hearts so her crying is not really too much.

Also,Jassi had to realise someday that ill fitting getup would only get her so far and no more.I don't think it'll give any wrong message.If handled correctly,it'll only tell ppl that you can make the best out of what you already have.

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE HER STOP CRYING IS TO MAKE HER PAY A VISIT TO THE BEAUTY PARLOUR
ritu thumbnail

Originally posted by: misha

THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE HER STOP CRYING IS TO MAKE HER PAY A VISIT TO THE BEAUTY PARLOUR

Koi faaida nahi, beauty parlour ka bill dekhkar phir roegi.Purab to aayega nahi pay karne. Khoobsurat ban gayee to khushi mein roegi.

Yaar kkiiitnaaa roootiii haaiiii.

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
MY GOD JASSI KE TEAR GLANDS TO ROTE ROTE SOOKH JAYENGE
munizaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwww

You are right Jammy. But it would be nice to show people what a little bit of good dress sense and make up with a good hair style will do for a girl.

I think rather hope T&D are not planning to give Jassi  an extreme - make over with a plastic surgeon. I would like to think of it as showing people that nobody is truly ugly. if they have a good hair stylist and choose their dresses with a little more sense  they can be as pretty as anyone else

Remember Kajol from Kuch Kuch hota hain  - a little eyeliner, blush and va-va-voom

Unfortunately this world is shallow and looks do matter. Infact there was a research done in the US where in 2 people with the same qualification and abilities were sent to differnt job interviews - one was beautiful/handsome  the other was you know plain looking. And the result  - every single time the good looking ones got the job. Sad but true

Welcome Qwaaa

I agree with you, but i think both of you guys are right. Jammy in shows it diffrent but in really life you need if not good looking then it is importantto have atleast presentable looks or people think that you are inferior and not all guys are like Purab that chose their women on thier internal beauty they want their girlfriend to be hot and beautiful. i think they are trying to make the show more realistic, and i dont think girls that are not good looking would mind it. I mean it's just a show!! Well i guess internal beauty is also important but if you have both it make's your life a lot easier    

jprasad thumbnail
I tell ya, the December 1 episode...well....I have no words for
it...I forgot to take my insulin so I nearly passed out. I was
embarrassed for JJKN...and more than JJKN, I was
embarrassed for Armaan!   πŸ˜³    πŸ˜³    πŸ˜³   I couldn't stop
laughing the whole time! πŸ˜†

I agree with Jammy regarding Jassi crying over her looks and I
also agree to fix her looks she can do something about it if she
wants to. Plus, Jassi should be used to it by now, cuz that has
been happening the entire show. If she wanted to do
something about it, she could have.

I know that the point of this whole show is to at some point see
Jassi get her makeover, but why make a big deal out of her
whole makeover? Will it make her a better person? It is dumb
of T&D to magnify 100 times, before they are ready to give
Jassi her makeover.

I don't watch the show for Jassi's looks...I used to entertained by
the short and simple storylines and the comedy which it is
lacking today. I don't care if Jassi gets a makeover as long as
the story is good and there is more comedy. I guess slowly we
are starting to go on that track again. I guess the comedy
whole comedy part is Armaan, cuz is that ever hysterical!   
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Daisy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
[

Koi faaida nahi, beauty parlour ka bill dekhkar phir roegi.Purab to aayega nahi pay karne. Khoobsurat ban gayee to khushi mein roegi.

[/QUOTE]

πŸ˜†
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Daisy

[

πŸ˜† [/QUOTE]

Gulmohar me jyada kaam nahi hai so Jassi ghar jaake ekta ke saas bahu ke serials dekhti hai and now she knows har successful heroine ke peeche bohot saare rone waale scenes ka haath hai so ab wo bhi roti haiπŸ˜‰

jprasad thumbnail

Gulmohar me jyada kaam nahi hai soJassi ghar jaake
ekta ke saas bahu ke serials dekhti hai and now she knows har
successful heroine ke peeche bohot saare rone waale scenes
ka haath hai so ab wo bhi roti haiπŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

That was funny!
love_Jassi thumbnail

Gulmohar me jyada kaam nahi hai so Jassi ghar jaake
ekta ke saas bahu ke serials dekhti hai and now she knows har
successful heroine ke peeche bohot saare rone waale scenes
ka haath hai so ab wo bhi roti haiπŸ˜‰

Minnie,   πŸ˜† Only U πŸ˜† My God this is really funnyπŸ˜† I can't stop laughingπŸ˜†

You really manage to bring a laughπŸ˜†.