Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

John not taking Bips for Oscar

By Subhash K Jha

Deepa Mehta is as wound up as a Japanese doll. "Just two more days to go! John is on the way although his mother had pneumonia. Right now I'm only concentrating on the accessories for my sari for the Oscars night."

Deepa and her daughter Devyani are both donning Saris. "I'll be wearing my mother's pure-gold tissue-silk sari woven in Varanasi around 70 years ago. My mom has a gorgeous collection of saris which my dad's mother gave her. Who wants to wear a designer sari when I've my mother's treasured clothes at my disposal?

I'm trying to convince Lisa Ray to wear a sari too. I hope she does. But my daughter Devyani will also be wearing a sari. Why shouldn't we proudly wear our own clothes? Why should we get into dresses and compete with the Nicole Kidmans of Hollywood? It's very important for us to be proud of our Indian heritage"

About her whirlwind visit to Delhi and Mumbai promoting Water before its Indian release Deepa says, "I wanted to let my people know that I'm not scared of a fundmanetalist backlash any longer and that I'm very proud of the film."

After the Oscars Deepa Mehta takes time to complete the script of Exclusion. "I'll be going to my farm near Toronto to write the script. The images are already in place. I want to take the whole of March off to write."

As for the Oscar, "We've done all we could for Water. Now let's see what happens. This year the competition in the foreign-film category is really very tough. I agree our product is damn good. And even if we don't win the Oscar it's been a long long time since somebody walked the red carpet at the Oscars nite in a sari."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=13532

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles: John Abraham (Page 3)" in Bollywood News, Gossips & Rumours forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Dipti*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dipti*

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 6:18am | IP Logged
John cuts his hair Bipasha loves it!
He's finally done it. Apart from making it to the red carpet at the 2007 Academy Awards, Water star John Abraham also snipped off his trademark long tresses for a shorter crop courtesy ace stylist Sapna Bhavnani.

Says Sapna, "I've been coaxing John into cutting his hair for the last two months. This is the look he will be sporting for Goal, where he plays a football player.

He wanted to keep his long hair for the role, but I kept telling him it wouldn't look nice. Finally, he relented!"

John's good friend and designer Rocky S also chipped in with tips on his new look. "He cut his hair a few days before he left for Los Angeles for the Oscars.

He didn't want people to discover his new look, so he always wore a cap in public. He wanted to unveil his new look on the Oscar red carpet, and I'm glad the entire world has got a glimpse of it now," she says.

Interestingly, Bipasha wasn't in town when John got his hair cropped. "She was in for a total surprise.

She hadn't seen the new look until I showed her John's pictures. I had taken a couple of snaps of John during the cutting process and showed them to Bipasha. She loved the look."

When asked if it was an emotional moment for John to let go of his hair, she says, "Not really! He was very chilled out about the entire exercise.

In fact, now all these John Abraham wannabes who grew their hair long will be rushing to parlours to chop them off! There can only be one John Abraham, so it's sad when people try to ape his style."

Rocky S, who is in Paris at the moment, tells us about the black achkan he designed for John. "It's a traditional achkan with a Western touch.

I think John carried it off really well on the red carpet," he says. John left for London after the Oscar's bash to join the cast and crew of Goal.

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
I liked the longer hair betterOuch

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
OH i'm totally fidaa over his new look!!!

basanti_diya

IF-Sizzlerz

basanti_diya

Posted: 01 March 2007 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
same here i like his long hair

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 7:02pm | IP Logged

Bebo: John is expressionless!

pretty petty: Kareena Kapoor
ain't she picky! John Abraham

Kareena Kapoor made her dislike for John Abraham more than apparent on Sunday's episode of Koffee with Karan, calling the one actor she wouldn't want to work with, 'expressionless'.

But we're honestly thinking the young actress is being a tad too petty with apna Johnny boy.

Apparently, she didn't take too kindly to John picking Rani Mukerji over her as the better actress in last season's KwK, hence the serious misgivings.

But you know, it could also have to do with the fact that Johnny boy's main squeeze Bipasha Basu and Bebo are not exactly on the best of terms (remember the cat-fights they would indulge in on the sets of Ajnabee, and the reams of venomous interviews after?).

Oh, these B-Town boys and belles sure know how to keep the one-upmanship fires burning, no

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/152968.htm

GracellaTongue

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Vishal's next Shakespearean dilemma: to smoke or not to smoke
Subhash K. Jha  [Sunday, March 04, 2007]

Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) Vishal Bhardwaj's next venture is not based on a Shakespearean play but there is an element of dilemma - to smoke or not to smoke is the question in "No Smoking".

Moving ahead after "Omkara" - based on "Othello" - Vishal has produced an entire film on anti-smoking, starring John Abraham.

"When Anurag Kashyap came to me with the script I was immediately hooked. I've always wanted to make a film against smoking. And this is a great script. Kumar Mangat (who produced 'Omkara') co-produced 'No Smoking' with me," Vishal told IANS.

When John showed interest in the project Vishal met the actor. "John himself is an occasional smoker. He identified with the project.

"I think it's right to make a film against smoking if you believe in the cause. To simply go around issuing warnings or giving 'Adults' certificates to films showing smoking serves no purpose. We need to take a more mature view of the matter. I feel very strongly about the issue and have decided to produce a film."

The story of a man, played by John, trying to quit smoking will be put across in an entertaining and non-judgemental fashion.

In the meanwhile, Vishal also is working on his next directorial venture that will be co-produced jointly by him and UTV. "I've an idea that I'm developing right now. It's not based on Shakespeare this time. But I'll definitely return to Shakespeare again," said the director who has earlier adopted "Macbeth" in "Maqbool".
http://www.nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=9768

Raiinie2

IF-Rockerz

Raiinie2

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Gosh! CAnt belive what is KK priblem..just cuz John said that he prefers Rani to KK in acting and sex appeal doesnt mean that he is biased cuz his gf is Bengali and so is Rani..cant KK handle truth that there are loadsa pple out dea who dunt think KK is sexy neither gud at acting! LOL LOL

Plus im loving John's new hair do..stil missing his long hair thou! Wink Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top