Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
Vishal's next Shakespearean dilemma: to smoke or not to smoke
Subhash K. Jha  [Sunday, March 04, 2007]

Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) Vishal Bhardwaj's next venture is not based on a Shakespearean play but there is an element of dilemma - to smoke or not to smoke is the question in "No Smoking".

Moving ahead after "Omkara" - based on "Othello" - Vishal has produced an entire film on anti-smoking, starring John Abraham.

"When Anurag Kashyap came to me with the script I was immediately hooked. I've always wanted to make a film against smoking. And this is a great script. Kumar Mangat (who produced 'Omkara') co-produced 'No Smoking' with me," Vishal told IANS.

When John showed interest in the project Vishal met the actor. "John himself is an occasional smoker. He identified with the project.

"I think it's right to make a film against smoking if you believe in the cause. To simply go around issuing warnings or giving 'Adults' certificates to films showing smoking serves no purpose. We need to take a more mature view of the matter. I feel very strongly about the issue and have decided to produce a film."

The story of a man, played by John, trying to quit smoking will be put across in an entertaining and non-judgemental fashion.

In the meanwhile, Vishal also is working on his next directorial venture that will be co-produced jointly by him and UTV. "I've an idea that I'm developing right now. It's not based on Shakespeare this time. But I'll definitely return to Shakespeare again," said the director who has earlier adopted "Macbeth" in "Maqbool".
http://www.nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=9768
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gosh! CAnt belive what is KK priblem..just cuz John said that he prefers Rani to KK in acting and sex appeal doesnt mean that he is biased cuz his gf is Bengali and so is Rani..cant KK handle truth that there are loadsa pple out dea who dunt think KK is sexy neither gud at acting! 😆 😆

Plus im loving John's new hair do..stil missing his long hair thou! 😉 😛
missy14 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
avtually there is nothing bad 4 kareeena kapoor 😛 😡 ..u know she's talented beautiful and more sexy than preity zinta and rani...of course she's even better than amisha patel..well i think she's right ..she don't even match with john....!! well as u know every body have right's 2 something!!! 😛 john is a iranian guy who hi's father waspooor in iran then he found a indian whoman who he married 2 .and of course iranian people r like that...i think joh must think who he was and who he are..u knoe people now a days forget who they r actually.i think john have forgot he's religion..!and who he was and r...2 marry a indian actress bipasha is not big deal...i don't care ..!!!!!!cuz now a days r the most maybe 60avtually there is nothing bad 4 kareeena kapoor 😛 😡 ..u know she's talented beautiful and more sexy than preity zinta and rani...of course she's even better than amisha patel..well i think she's right ..she don't even match with john....!! well as u know every body have right's 2 something!!! 😛 john is a iranian guy who hi's father waspooor in iran then he found a indian whoman who he married 2 .and of course iranian people r like that...i think joh must think who he was and who he are..u knoe people now a days forget who they r actually.i think john have forgot he's religion..!and who he was and r...2 marry a indian actress bipasha is not big deal...i don't care ..!!!!!!cuz now a days r the most maybe 60 PROSENT OF INDIA PEOPLE FORGET WHO THEY R AND WHO THEY WHERE!!THAT'S DON'T MAKE SENS!!!
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I'd rather do Indian films that go international: John

John Abraham has an agent in the US. "Post-Water a lot of people think I fit the Latino-Mexican mould in Bollywood. For now I'm very happy shooting with Arshad and Boman for Goal. Plus I've Bipasha with me. So we're having a ball."

John isn't eager to take the foreign route unlike the Mallika Sherawats of Bollywood who search for an international career through Hollywood projects.

"I'd rather do Indian films that go international like Deepa Mehta's Water. Of course I'd take up a mainstream offer from the US if I get it.

But at this point of time I'm not interested in beating my chest and shouting from rooftops about a bit role in some international project. I love working in Hindi films. And I'd never alienate myself from that audience for the sake of some pie in the sky.

I'm really excited about doing a commercial cinema in our country. As for that one stray international offer a year, every actor in Bollywood gets it, na?

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=13779
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Bipasha Basu says her boyfriend John Abraham
succeeded without godfather

The Associated Press
Published: March 16, 2007

MUMBAI, India: Indian model-turned-actress Bipasha Basu says she is proud of her boyfriend John Abraham for succeeding in Bollywood on his own.

Basu, a popular actress, had already acted in seven movies before she met Abraham four years ago on the set of his debut movie "Jism," or "Body." They have been dating since then.

"I feel so proud of John. No one has seen his growth as I have because I have been with him everyday," Basu told the movie magazine Filmfare for its March issue.

"He had no backing. I can't explain just how proud of him I am," she said.

Bollywood heartthrob Abraham is considered one of the sexiest stars of the Bollywood, India's wildly popular Hindi-language movie industry.

A top model, he starred in a string of flopped movies before striking fame with the 2004 film "Dhoom (Big Bang)."

He recently won praise for acting as a law student who falls in love with a widow in "Water," a movie that was nominated in the foreign film category for the Oscars, but did not win.

"I have seen established actors who used to ridicule him, when he came on my set to meet me, call him 'brother' now. John has worked for his success," Basu said. "I always hoped John would be a huge star, and today he is."

*Dipti* thumbnail
'John and Ash get together in 'Happy Birthday'

Producer Gaurang Doshi has roped in John Abraham and Aishwarya Rai for his mystical romantic musical 'Happy Birthday' and says 'they look like Adonis and Venus together'.They have not been paired before. 'But if you close your eyes you can see how good John and Aishwarya look together,' Doshi told IANS.To be directed by Sriram Raghavan, who earlier did Ram Gopal Varma's 'Ek Hasina Thi', 'Happy Birthday' starts shooting in January.

'We had signed John about a year back. But we needed a strong charismatic and popular leading lady because 'Happy Birthday' isn't about just the male protagonist. When Ash said yes, everything fell into place. She has never been seen with John before,' said Doshi.

John is on the lookout for new leading ladies. In 'Water' he's paired with Lisa Ray, in 'Baabul' with Rani Mukerji and in 'Salaam-e-Ishq' with Vidya Balan for the first time.'The catch-line for 'Happy Birthday' will be, 'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.' We needed a magical pair. John and Ash have the quality.''I think Aishwarya and I will make a good team. It's a great script. Sriram is a super-director, and we're excited,' said John.The music score is by Vishal-Shekhar.
*Dipti* thumbnail
Indian Superstar John Abraham Joins Habitat for Humanity In Campaign for Affordable Housing in India

Indian superstar John Abraham has joined Habitat for Humanity in a campaign to end poverty housing in India and around the world. Through a public awareness and volunteer program titled John's Brigade, the movie star and youth icon is encouraging Indian residents and non-resident Indians around the world to support Habitat for Humanity's indiaBUILDS campaign.

The goal of the five-year indiaBUILDS campaign is to put more than 250,000 low-income people in India into safe, decent and affordable homes and to inspire others to champion innovative solutions for the estimated 315 million Indians who lack a decent place to call home. The program also aims to mobilize 1 million volunteers from India and beyond and raise US$100 million to build affordable housing in India long into the future.

Through public service announcements, Abraham is asking his fans and supporters to join John's Brigade by volunteering their time to build homes and lend their financial support to meet the indiaBUILDS goal."I believe to be happy in life you need a home. You need to go back to something. You need to go back to those four walls which belong to you, which you belong to," Abraham said. "We have more than 300 million people in India who lack proper shelter. Habitat for Humanity has come in at the right time and, with the help of John's Brigade, Habitat for Humanity is going to help us build a lot more homes for a lot more people."

In addition to his acting career, Abraham is recognized for his support of nonprofit organizations that address issues of concern to him, and for his endorsements of lifestyle brands that fit his profile, such as Castrol, Clinic All Clear, Diet Pepsi, Fastrack, Wrangler and Yamaha. Abraham is also the entertainment industry's recipient of the ninth Annual Rajiv Gandhi Awards, which honors young leaders who are inspired by Rajiv Gandhi's dream of a modern, developed and vibrant India.

John's Brigade aims to mobilize Abraham's target audience to join Habitat for Humanity's efforts to build houses, donate and support the cause of ending poverty housing in India and around the world. The broadcast and print announcements featuring Abraham will be distributed in India and North America.

"We are thrilled to have the support of John Abraham," said Felix A Fernandes, chief operating officer of Habitat for Humanity India. "He reaches a group of people that we do not ordinarily reach, but who have enormous power to make a difference in the lives of their fellow countrymen and women. John sincerely believes in our mission to end poverty housing in India. Through John's Brigade, I am confident we can make a difference and build a brighter future for many of the poor in India."
*Dipti* thumbnail
John Abraham in Ads

During a photo shoot at his ad agency, John's boss suggested him to pose for the camera and that was just the beginning of his modeling career. John entered the Gladrags contest in 1999 and competed internationally. John was signed on by 'Carrie Model' agency in Singapore and he did a fair amount of work in Hong Kong, London and New York after which he returned to India.

John modeled for Provogue and Cinthol; he also was the first Asian to be chosen to model for Levis Jeans. John Abraham has a horde of brands under his belt Diet Pepsi, Yamaha Bikes, Bombay Dyeing, Fast-Track watches, Wrangler Jeans, Castrol Power 1 and Clinic All Clear with girlfriend Bipasha Basu. John Abraham also toured the world for 'Rockstars' in 2006.

posted by Aasaigeetha @ 1:39 AM 0 comments   

John Abraham and
*Dipti* thumbnail
John Abraham and Bipasha Basu

John Abraham and Bipasha Basu are doing their best to be seen together; first, they walked the ramp for Designer Rocky S then, they attended Twinkle Khanna's store event. The couple was also spotted at Rocky S tapestry store launch. John and Bips are sure rying to express it loud-n-clear to the fire starters that things are back to normal in their relationship.

John was first linked to Mallika and then, his rumoured affair with Vidya was a concern to Bips as well, especially when a channel flashed pictures of John taking Vidya for a bike ride. John refused to comment when questioned on whether Jonh-n-Bips is back and if the break-up was a mere stunt to gain some publicity. Bips didn't quite comment to the questions as well, but she did get provoked when asked if it was a sheer publicity stunt. "Both John and I are too honest and too popular individually to use this relationship for more popularity. Neither of us need to cling to each other", Bips reacted.

Good to know your thoughts Bips and we hope you stay clinged for a reason and let that reason be love.
*Dipti* thumbnail
John supports Jahnabi in AIDS awareness

On a Sunday evening, John Abraham took some time out from his schedule on to help create AIDS awareness. 29 yr old Jahnabi Goswami is HIV positive and since past 11 years, she has been working to create awareness about the disease in North East India. She is a big fan of John Abraham and when he agreed to join the campaign, she was more than happy.
John said we might be heroes in films but people like Jahnabi are the heroes in real life. John was completely relaxed during the event andmade everyone around have a good time. There were discussions about safe sex, to create awareness among teenagers and also dance performances to send out the message.