Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

COTW: Niharika

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:00am | IP Logged

Thank You to the members who made such a great discussion in the first COTW topic. ClapClap Your analysis of Antariksh was amazing!! And I'm sure this week, Niharika will be an even bigger hit because she is one character who has emerged out to be the strongest female lead of the serial. But what do YOU think about her character?

• How did you feel when she cheated Antariksh in to marrying her? When she actually loved Rahul?
  • Did you agree with what she did? Did you sympathise with her at that point of time?
  • How good a sister has she been to Vedika?
  • What do you think of the Antariksh-Niharika rivalry?
  • After being with 4 men (Rahul,Antariksh,Rudr and Shivam), who would you suited her best? Which story interested you the most?
  • Finally, talk about Kirti's portrayal as Niharika. How sucessful has she been in pulling off a complex character like Niharika?

Post you views and comments here people. Remember, no offensive language will be tolerated. Make this a good discussion

Sinndoor Dev Team Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

men78Lovely_VidaDivyaD

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "COTW: Niharika" in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

crystallove

Groupbie

crystallove

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Nih as you rightfully says is one of the strongest female lead.

I disliked her character because she betrayed Ant. She had an affair with Rahul, who was married to Ant. sister. She though only of herself and her family, she never once thought about Dhruv or Ant. DHruv having to leave his love then Ariti and marry Ved.

She used Rudra for revenge and later fell in love with him. The both look really nice together, but stills he provoked Ant. The rivalry between them made some very interesting viewing.

I never felt sorry for her because like I said I dislike her character in the begining, being unfaithful is a big sin, no matter what the reason. I did feel sorry when Ant. raped her, something that no one shoudl be forgiven for.

She have been hurt many times, but her love for Rudra and Ved can never be questioned, she loved Ved alot and thats why she wants no one to take Ved place in Dhruv life.

I like Rudra for her, their stroyline was interesting, how they met, their reason for coming together and eventullay when Rudra found everythign out he forgave her, he knew all her faults and still love her.

Kirti's portrayal as Nih is excellent, her emotions, her acting is just excellent. She is an interesting character to watch.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pari-kirloskar

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged

Niharika's an awesome choice for discussion!

• How did you feel when she cheated Antariksh in to marrying her? When she actually loved Rahul?

I think it was kind of rude and mean to do...but when i think of why she married Antariksh in the first place, it kind of lessens it. She didnt hurt him on purpose. She just wanted her sister to have a family and live on with her life.

• Did you agree with what she did? Did you sympathise with her at that point of time?

I agree for the most part with what she did and sympathize her in that way.

Niharika has been an INCREDIBLY great sister to Vedika, no other way about that...but Vedika, Vedika has never understood Niharika...Niharika has always thought about Vedika and tried to make sure Vedika wasnt unhappy and threw her life away for others

It brightens the show up a littleLOL But i think it is getting kind of annoyingConfused They are family and should try acting as one...they both have a lot of stubborness in them which they need to overcome

• After being with 4 men (Rahul,Antariksh,Rudr and Shivam), who would you suited her best? Which story interested you the most?

Rudra for SUREEEmbarrassedEmbarrassed Embarrassed Rudra and Niharika are best suited for each other and are a ROCKING jodi!!Embarrassed How they met and their story after that was great and interested me a lot!!Embarrassed

• Finally, talk about Kirti's portrayal as Niharika. How sucessful has she been in pulling off a complex character like Niharika?

Keerti has portrayed Niharika's role EXCELLANTLY...more than excellant! No other person could ever do as better as she has done!ClapClap If Niharika is stubborn, evil, nice, in a revenge taking mood, or whatever type of place or emotion she is in, Keerti portrayed it EXCELLANTLY!!Clap

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 3:03am | IP Logged

Finally!. As everyone knows! I love Niharika...So, I will try to explain why through my answers below! Wink Thanks 4 the topic Reemz!!!

I was stunned by her audacity, but at the same time impressed by her spunk. Right from the beginning, Nharika has always showed her love for her sister and never allowed her to go through pain. I admired her decision to marry Ant just so Vedika could marry Dhruv. Another thing is that, yes she did love Rahul, but she had no feelings for Ant. She didn't know him nor was she able to find any common ground. She beklieved herself in love with Rashul, who was in her life before Ant. She put her life with Rahul aside to give Vedika a stab at a normal life. This was the only reason she had to go behind Ant's back to meet Rahul... The only way Vedika was accepted by Dhruv was through Niharika's condition, and that was thro Ant. So why should she throw her love away for Rahukl, 4 a person like Ant? When her ONLY ambition was to see Vedika accepted?

I think I did sympathise with her, but at a very superficial level. I was still trying to reconcile what I felt for Nih and what I felt was right. What Nih was doing wasn't right in the traditional sense, but was right if you look at matters of the heart. So, I think in that sense I did sympathise with her, but I also pitied Ant's part in it. Because although he was crippled, he was still a man. I think he was intimidated by Niharika's strength and confidence, even then and to date. And he felt very weak. Her actions further entrenched his feelings of inadequacy.

Where do I start? LOL Niharika stood by Vedika through everything!!! Through her crazyness, her marriage, her children gettuing kidnapped, through the Alisha fiasco, Sundari, Hong Kong, everything!!! Niharika supported Vedika even when Dhruv was not strong enough to... Niharika always protected Vedika and In return, Vedika was not the best ssister under the circumstances but Niharika loved her through it all and always wanted the best for her.

Definitely is interesting, and at times funny. But at times I feel it is laid on pretty thick... everything came to a head when Ant raped Nih, but never really fizzled out. I somehow feel that there is such a strong rivalry because of their strong feelings. Is this some crazy attraction? You know? People say that hate is the other side of love... soooo who knows!!! But I would never want Nih and Ant to end up together!!!Angry

Without a doubt Rudr and Niharika. Its not just that they are a couple in real life, but that their chemistry is excellent. Some couples may have love between them, but that chemistry dies when viewed through a camera... Niharika and Rudr are awesome!!! Their story was very believable and very realistic. They also compliment each other, not only in looks, but also in their acting manner and style.

Kirti IS Niharika, hands down! There is no doubt in my mind regarding Kirti's success. Kirti has lived the role, eaten the role, slept the role, breathed the role...LOL There is no1 else who could have given Niharika justice except Kirti. Her skill and professionalism has added so much, not just to her role, but to Sindoor as well. I am sure she has exceeded any expectations the directors would have had of her. She is a gem of an actress and an exceedingly genuine one... She deserves accolades for her portrayal of Niharika!!!

Thanks again Reemu 4 this awesome topic... hope lotsa people come through to add their comments!!!

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 09 February 2007 at 9:11am | IP Logged

How did you feel when she cheated Antariksh in to marrying her? When she actually loved Rahul?

i felt anger & reproachfulness towards niharika when she cheated antariksh. but then again, looking at the reason why niharika did that, i can forgive her slighlty. niharika wanted vedika to have a bright future & a wonderful hasband that is why she was compelled to cheat antariksh. niharika should have just come clean about her situation to antariksh instead of keeping him in the dark.

Did you agree with what she did? Did you sympathise with her at that point of time?

i had mixed opinions about her betrayal. i did sympathise with her. but i was more annoyed with her because if she wanted to sacrifice for her sister's happiness, she should have done it whole-heartedly. as in taking a clean break from rahul & starting life afresh with antariksh.

How good a sister has she been to Vedika?

niharika is how an ideal sister should be. she loves vedika so much that she volunteered to marry a guy whom she didn't love at all so that her sister could be happy. when vedika was admitted into the mental asylum, niharika was the person to cry & suffer the most. niharika is truly a loving sister.Tongue

What do you think of the Antariksh-Niharika rivalry?

bring it on baby! i love those little clashes between these 2 characters. if niharika is headstrong, antariksh is equally stubborn. they never give in to each other, always planning & plotting revenge. wow! niharika's & antariksh's onscreen chemistry is just great! it wasn't that great when antariksh was all lovey dovey with niharika but when he started hating her. oh wow! that negative chemistry was just mind-blowing!

After being with 4 men (Rahul,Antariksh,Rudr and Shivam), who would you suited her best? Which story interested you the most?

shivam! shivam! shivam! he suits her the best. they look totally adorable together! shivam & niharika's love story got me hooked because there was always the guess factor involved. whether shivam will admit his love for niharika? will niharika ever realise shivam's love for her? will niharika accept shivam & live with him? all these questions were answered perfectly. shivam & niharika shared terrific chemistry & i loved every moment of their pyaar kahani even though it soured in the end. all becos some pple wanted to come back into the serial. haiz.. that's an enitrely different story.LOLLOLLOL

Finally, talk about Kirti's portrayal as Niharika. How sucessful has she been in pulling off a complex character like Niharika?

kirti's potrayal of niharika? you mean she was acting? that's how convincing kirti was in the role of niharika.Big smile she could show every nuance of her character excellently. kirti impressed me in the scene where she cries to everyone about rudra's death & no one believes her. she was so desperate & emotional. her anguish at losing rudra, her anger at the family for not believing her. wah re wah! kirti became one of my favourites after that particular scene. to me, kirti has been 101% successful in potraying niharika!Clap

prerna15

Goldie

prerna15

Posted: 14 February 2007 at 3:06am | IP Logged
How did you feel when she cheated Antariksh in to marrying her? When she actually loved Rahul?

I was mad at her. I mean how could she stoop to such level? Actually, I hated her in the beginning of Sindoor. I used to compare the character Niharika with Kammal. Kammal was the first show I watched of Keerti & she was very sweet & innocent in it.

Did you agree with what she did? Did you sympathise with her at that point of time?

As I already mentioned above, I hated her at that point. However at the same time, I somewhat admired the love, care & affection she showered on her sis a little bit.

& no I didn't sympathise with her that time. In fact, Niharika gained my sympathy only after she was raped by Antariksh. I think it was really sick & unmanly on Antariksh's part to resort to such disgustful act.

How good a sister has she been to Vedika?

Wow! What an excellent sister Niharika is! She has always supported Vedika through thick & thin. She has even fought many of Vedika's battles herself. Wish I had a sister like her!

Yes, I agree with Parita that the only time she didn't support Vedika was after Rudra's death. & I don't really blame her for that. I mean how could the Raizada parivaar, Vedika included, not believe her? How could any woman on earth fake her hubby's death??

What do you think of the Antariksh-Niharika rivalry?

I love it. & enjoy it more when Niharika wins. I think the part when Shivam supported her to expose Antariksh was one of the highlights of the show.

After being with 4 men (Rahul,Antariksh,Rudr and Shivam), who would you suited her best? Which story interested you the most?

Only & forever Rudra! I adore their on-screen chemistry. Their jodi rocks.

As for story, I liked the part when Shivam & Niharika were trying their best to bring the dark reality that lurked behind Antariksh's innocent face. Now, that was really interesting to watch.

Finally, talk about Kirti's portrayal as Niharika. How sucessful has she been in pulling off a complex character like Niharika?

Keerti has portrayed the complex character of Niharika with an extraordinary ease. Only a very competent & talented actress can do justice to such a role.

Niharika has grown on me & has become my favourite character in the show.

No doubt, Niharika is a very strong woman. & that's what I appreciate the most about her. Her character is like a person in real life would behave in such & such situation. She's not like Vedika who seemed too good to be true. The same can be said about Arpita too who appears to be emotionally very weak.

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 14 February 2007 at 3:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by prerna15

Keerti has portrayed the complex character of Niharika with an extraordinary ease. Only a very competent & talented actress can do justice to such a role.

Niharika has grown on me & has become my favourite character in the show.

No doubt, Niharika is a very strong woman. & that's what I appreciate the most about her. Her character is like a person in real life would behave in such & such situation. She's not like Vedika who seemed too good to be true. The same can be said about Arpita too who appears to be emotionally very weak.

Very well said... and I could not agree with you more!

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 15 February 2007 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by FairyAngel

Just a question how do you guys feel about what shes doing to Arpita?

Heart Always
                                          FairyAngel

i think that is two faced of niharika. she chose to move on by living with shivam. and dhruv is forbidden to do that? how is that fair?Confused

Post Reply New Post

Go to top