Debate Mansion

Downfall of Muslim Religion, Not Fair

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Suhani_RajLover

Suhani_RajLover

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 6:21am | IP Logged

Hello Guys, This Is FIrst Time For Me To Post any Type of TOpic Like This in Dm, Plese Read it Carefully , Understand what i am Trying To say , Then Reply like Human Being

Religion Wise i am Hindu and I Proud To be This I.have lot of  Muslim Friends in Simla(i am From Simla). I personally feel that most of Our Directors showed the Culture of Muslims in a wrong way. watch Film Anwar(and A Lot like This), In This Film , Hiten Tajewani fall in Love with a muslim girl and at last the Relatives of the Girl Killed Hiten because he is Hindu and running a affair with Muslim Girl. A Lot of Fims are there having same thing, Same types of Folishness.

I want to say that Actually Muslims are Civilised now, and the have same sense of Living as we(Hindus) are. They Through this Type of thing a way back and Move a lot Forward.We(Hindus Negihbours), have a great Relationship with Our muslim Negihbours, I have one very close and Sweet Friend who is Just like our Relative(But he Is Muslim), but we all have Good Relationship. I visit Pakistan (Lehore and Karachi) several Times and  I Personally feel that there are same type of Enviroment as we have in India. Burqa rule is not as Much Strick, Girls are Wearing same Dresses Like Us, Jeans and shirt Fashion is Very famous. Some of Ladies are here who Wear burqa. Some are Wearing Traditional dresses like Shalwar Kamees.

The Main thing I want to Explain here is About Wrong ideasthat we Actually used in Our Films. Dont You think so, that he Things we are Showing is totally Wrong. Dont think it like Hindu or Enlish or Muslim etc.... Think it like Human Being and Then Reply.

Is This a Good Thing TO Show Something Like This.

Plese Dont Take me in a wrong way

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Downfall of Muslim Religion, Not Fair" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suhani_RajLover

I personally feel that most of Our Directors showed the Culture of Muslims in a wrong way. watch Film Anwar(and A Lot like This), In This Film , Hiten Tajewani fall in Love with a muslim girl and at last the Relatives of the Girl Killed Hiten because he is Hindu and running a affair with Muslim Girl. A Lot of Fims are there having same thing, Same types of Folishness.

Actually such incidents have occured many times. Since you have been to Pakistan you should know that tribes in the North-Western parts don't even tolerate their children marrying someone from the other tribe (though both are Muslim).

Another incident that comes to my mind happened in B'lore in 2001-02. A Christian guy and a Muslim girl fell in love somewhere in rural Karnataka. They knew their parents were not going to accept their marriage, so they fled to B'lore and was staying there and even had a baby. A few years later when the baby (I think his name was Abhi) was 2 yrs old the girl's family managed to track them down and one fine day her father and some relatives came down to B'lore killed the couple and left the baby behind. Later a Kannada director said that he would like to make a film based on the baby's life. This was not an isolated incident, this types of events have happened earlier also.

This is not to say that Hindus always accept inter-religion marriage but they usually end the episode by disowning their children.

The Main thing I want to Explain here is About Wrong ideasthat we Actually used in Our Films. Dont You think so, that he Things we are Showing is totally Wrong. Dont think it like Hindu or Enlish (Christian) or Muslim etc.... Think it like Human Being and Then Reply.

Is This a Good Thing TO Show Something Like This.

As long as they don't exaggerate things I don't see any problem. By showing a social issue actually they are doing a good job. And it is not always that Muslims are portrayed as a villain.

Plese Dont Take me in a wrong way

mittijalebi

IF-Rockerz

mittijalebi

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 9:24am | IP Logged
i thought we couldn't discuss religious matters here.

souro

souro

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 9:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mittijalebi

i thought we couldn't discuss religious matters here.

Me too. The rule said religious topics can only be posted with moderators permission, so I think the moderator must have cleared this.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:16am | IP Logged

Hello Suhani-raj lover.  I hope this topic cleared the mod requisites before being posted.   You are basically talking good things about religions and complaining that Indian movies do not portray religions in a realistic manner. That is indeed true.

Before commenting on that, I will take the liberty (Just a suggestion as a fellow IF member) .to ask you if you would care editing this line, as it could be hurtful to some Confused
Originally posted by Suhani_RajLover

I want to say that Actually Muslims are Civilised now, and the have same sense of Living as we(Hindus) are.

The word NOW stands out and is unnecessary and is probably not what you mean?    If you choose to edit it, I will delete this part Big smile.

Moving to the topic-
1.  Bollywood movies do not claim to be realistic (Thanks God!)

2.  They are full of bloopers and impossible events

3.  They compromise beliefs and rituals and teachings of many religions, not just Islamic, but also Hindu, Christian and other. Let me give you an example.  Lokmanya B G Tilak brought Ganapati festival to masses and that was in order to educate and inspire masses against the foreign rule.  With changing face of time, it has indeed remained popular among various groups of people, which I appreciate.  To many Brahmins, Ganesh worship during Ganesh utsav has a deeper meaning than the way it is lately showed in Hindi serials-  Every TD&H getting an idol of Ganesh, doing Pooja yet continuing to fight and scream in front of it,  making evil plans of torturing someone else while sitting in the Poojapath ( serial - Mamta, KS) is not what ganesh-festival is about Dead.  

4. Bollywood surely is the biggest entertainment industry, yet it is far from being the best. 

I just ignore the religious bloopers / mis handling of issues.  Why get bothered?  Nothing is real.  If I want to learn about a certain religion / a ritual, I would talk to people about that.  I would look for life on Mars before seeking  information in a movie catered to entertain  masses and get their adrenalin pumping for the right / wrong cause LOL.
(BARRING good movies, well there are always certain exceptions )

Enjoy posting Smile  and last but not the least, the title is misleading dear! Embarrassed

mqt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 05 February 2007 at 10:26am

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:32am | IP Logged

I am closing the topic as such topics are not allowed to be discussed here.

The member is requested to get in touch with the dev team to sort out the issue.Smile

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 05 February 2007 at 10:34am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top