Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Home life or Hostel life (Page 2)

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Below is the link to similar topic discussed before, incase if anyone wants to look at it Tongue

Boarding vs Dayscholar
Swapna-Mobile IF-Dazzler
Swapna-Mobile
Swapna-Mobile

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Below is the link to similar topic discussed before, incase if anyone wants to look at it Tongue

Boarding vs Dayscholar

Thanx for da link...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

anku2cute IF-Veteran Member
anku2cute
anku2cute

-

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged
well i have never been to a hostel Smile ...but i thnk u must hv an xperience atleast once....u gt 2 know many values...sharing adjustment n loads f thngs Big smile

bt i thnk its a bit hard fr pampered kids 2 b dere Ouch LOL LOL ....coz home s ike free sky while hostel its a bit rules n all...stil being wid frnds is fun...and u gt frnds fr life Big smile

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ankuhujulover

bt i thnk its a bit hard fr pampered kids 2 b dere Ouch LOL LOL ....coz home s ike free sky while hostel its a bit rules n all...stil being wid frnds is fun...and u gt frnds fr life Big smile

You can't even imagine the amount of pampering hostelites get when they go home on vacations. When your parents have to deal with you 24x7 you become a pest, a simple commodity but once or twice a year makes it a luxury for both you and them.

And who said hostels are a bit rules and all...in hostel you learn to break rules without getting caught Wink and you have way much freedom. However, girl's hostels are li'l more strict than boy's hostels.

Pensive Goldie
Pensive
Pensive

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by souro

Big smile

Sowmya

I am borrowing all those emoticons and adding some of mine too.DancingEvil SmileCensored

In short , they were the best years of my life.I left home when I was 14 1/2 and spent my high school, undergrad and working days in different hostels in different cities. It was fun, a good learning experience to accomodate others and stand your own grounds. Made some great friends, had some good clean fun.It was a great way to grow up. And who said hostel life is disciplined?Undergrad years are hardly so.  You have to find your own definition of what is cool and what's not.

Coming home on vacations were good too as you longed for that home made khana after the drab coconut rice or the bland maccher jhol.

I learnt a few things and life was good.

Tania

agreed....those 4 yrs I spent in hostel were definately the yrs which I enjoyed most...apart from learning quite a few things

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by souro

However, girl's hostels are li'l more strict than boy's hostels.

Haha, you really think so? The rules are broken there too without getting caught.LOL

Ofcourse girls also break rules. What I meant was the rules are a li'l more strict than boy's hostel to start with, e.g., they usually have to get in earlier, there are regular checks by the warden. However these are my POV based solely on my experience and I have seen only 3 hostels, so there's a chance I may be wrong.

Edited by souro - 06 February 2007 at 12:17am
realitybites Moderator
realitybites
realitybites

Posted: 06 February 2007 at 1:36am | IP Logged
I have never lived in Hostel so dont have personal experience but from what I have observed Ermm .. I will go for Home. Embarrassed

Go to top