Swapna-Mobile

IF-Dazzler

Swapna-Mobile

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 12:33am | IP Logged

What is better....??????

HOME SWEET HOME  life.....???

or..or...or...or...

A DISCIPLINED HOSTEL life...???

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Home life or Hostel life" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RAJEEVforAAMNA

IF-Rockerz

RAJEEVforAAMNA

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 12:37am | IP Logged
I would say hostel ish true tht u miss ur family and all tht food mom cooks ................and relatives and all.................but hostel teaches many things and i would choose to love with frnds................. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed and i dun know but i like hostel life...........

ranjitha

IF-Dazzler

ranjitha

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 1:12am | IP Logged
For me , its my Home!!
I would love to be with my friends, but I'm too much attached to my parents, so its impossible for me to concentrate on my studies, if I'm away from my parents!!!

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 1:37am | IP Logged
I'm not the right person to comment. I've never stayed in a hostel. But I think I'm quite attached to my family so I'd like it more at home. But that dosen't mean that when need be I won't adjust to hostel life!

Lovers Ka Love

IF-Rockerz

Lovers Ka Love

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 2:06am | IP Logged
HOme life ,DISCIPLINED is also possible in HOme life coz it Depend upon YOu, TO create disciplined any where.............

S a r a h

IF-Sizzlerz

S a r a h

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Ummnn... I dont know how Hostel life would be for me but next to our house we have a girls hostel which can be seen from my bedroom window :) but definitely all hostels dont have same kinda atmosphere BUT its always home sweet home which attracts me even when I am not away from it

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 2:22am | IP Logged
I have never stayed in hostel but i knoe that hostel life is a very strict disciplined life while home life is quite carefree in comparison. However in a hostel life u get to spend time wid ur frnds, n u have more fun wid every1 being of your own age grp. At home its just family so u do get bored often but in hostel even through u miss ur family u dunt get bored!! Especially if its co-ed!! LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cottagesinooty

souro

souro

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 4:55am | IP Logged
I'm not sure about school hostels as I have never been in one but I've heard they can be pretty strict. But if it's a college hostel, anyday. Don't get me wrong, I love my home, my parents and I do have my freedom at home but still college hostel rocksss!!!
Big smile
And I'm saying this after staying in hostel for 7 yrs. I've lived in different stages of college hostel UG, PG and Professional and yeah life does change as you progress but somethings remain the same, like boundless fun with friends, you get to play by your own rules Wink and I feel some of the best friends are made in hostels, specially UG hostel. Apart from fun and friends hostel life also teaches you some valuable lessons in life, adjustment, sharing, caring for others, taking your own decisions and most importantly survival in a strange place among strangers.

However it has its downsides too,
1)mess food sometimes becomes really unbearable.
2)if you are not disciplined you can end up messing your studies.
3)peer pressure is really great as you are with them 24x7 and it may happen that you copy some of their habits, good or bad. Most people start smoking and drinking in college life (though I'm not saying that they are bad).
4)you can end up being a junkie (now that is real bad).

Edited by souro - 05 February 2007 at 4:59am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top