Book Talk

Book Club discussion of Kite Runner (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:55am | IP Logged
I just finished a 1000 splendid Suns..
truly Hosseni is a master storyteller! Splendid Man! Clap

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Club discussion of Kite Runner (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 07 February 2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
^I get an impression from your post that the book is great. Will be looking out for it.

Read Kite Runner 4-5 months ago, and was absoloutely BOWLED over. Such a master-piece as someone said earlier.

Two things that struck me alot:

Hassan's love, or maybe respect, for Amir was just bewildering. I remember sitting down after reading the part where Hassan and Ali leave the house and thinking "Wow. How can someone be so damn sacrificing?" Hassan's ability to cloak Amir, even as he knew that Amir was the one doing wrong to him, was just beautiful. His devotion to Amir is just one of the most gripping aspects of the novel. Further proof: Even as years later, Rahim Khan relates to Amir of his visit to Hassan's house, and how he Hassan had remembered Amir, all these years later, how he had told Sohrab of that same Amir. Purely bewildering, indeed.

The way Hosseni tied it all up: The Amir that wasn't able to look into his own eyes in the mirror his whole life, finds his redemption in Sohrab. Just the way it all came full-circle, Amir finding his repentance in Hassan's child...beautifully framed plot.

I'd run out of adjectives to describe the book, but surely it is something I would reccomend and be sure wouldn't disappoint.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top