Book Talk

Book Club discussion of Kite Runner (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Did anyone else read the book?

Di, I have read the book multiple times now..and everytime I read it, it still brings tears to my eyes !! CryCry

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Club discussion of Kite Runner (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Did anyone else read the book?

yes ,i have read the first 50 pages........Smile,loving it so far.

cimba

Goldie

cimba

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
I read the book few months ago. It was one of the best book i ever read.It did make me sad specially when it came to Hassan's son being abused by the same animal as Hassan was abused by. It was too grusome and sad. I also love the loyalty of Hassan's character. it is also facinating that how in every society their own discrimnation and bias exist.Baba could not accept Hassan as his son because of that. Angry   

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:00pm | IP Logged

IN one word, u can define this Book-Masterpiece.

The Kite Runner is One of the greatest works in the last decade for sure. and the most heart rendering work I have read in the last many years.

The story of Love, Of sin, of redemption and of life.

The beautiful story of Friendship, of betrayal, of loyalty, of sacrifice, and of the Path To and Of redemption.

The character who made tears roll quick n fast down my cheeks, whose silent and sacrificial love brought a lump in my throat...Hassan...For U a 1000 Times Over.

"And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too. "

U just cannot help loving Hassan....Smile

Amir- for being a common insecure young man like all of us who committed mistakes but redeemed himself thoroughly..

Amir and Hassan-Sultans of Kabul!Cry

Sohrab-for what he went thru at such a young age...My heart pained at his plight and tragedy beyond his age, he had faced...

Baba-The man who commited a sin which stung his heart forever in his life...Who was Chained forever to it...Rahim Khan ws right afterall..He was never free...

all in all..a Must Read..U just canmot miss this.

It will move the hardest of hearts to tearsClap Personally I dun recall having ever cried this much b4...Cry

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 18 January 2008 at 10:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
I just loveddd this book. so much pain and tears when i read it..

my favv charac. Hassan. =] wat can i say abt him. he is god Embarrassed stupid assef and his stupid bi nazi ways. he ruined him and still lived long after Hassan died. he deserves to go sit right next to hitler in helll!!! Angry Angry Angry I wish Amir was a lil bit more braver and stood up for wats right. i hated him the most when he decided to be selfish and not tell and do justice to Hassan. I wish Hassan lived longer to see Amir and his son bonding together.

I still dont understand how Ali's wife had an affair with BaBa and still be nice and friendly with each other. i just dont get it. Confused

Well, im ganna read this book agian and again..
everytime i find sumthing new and more tears.
such an amazing, well-written story.
love it.
for those fo u who hasn't, u r missin out.

Big smile

Edited by madsoul0226 - 21 January 2008 at 6:25pm

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 22 January 2008 at 3:48am | IP Logged
^^^Ali didnt Know that Hassan was Baba's Son and Not his

lilroses_89

lilroses_89

Posted: 25 January 2008 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
I loved The Kite Runner.
It was a very simple narrative that touched on many universal themes including friendship.
I also liked the depth presented to the characters of Aamir and his Baba. They were not the typical heroes nor complete villains. Therefore, making them very easy to relate to since they each had their flaws making them very human.

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 26 January 2008 at 8:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

^^^Ali didnt Know that Hassan was Baba's Son and Not his

well tht explains it all.thankyou =]

Post Reply New Post

Go to top