Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Inspiration: The title 'a thousand mirrors' was a prompt for a poetry contest. I really liked it and decided to write a flash fiction based on it. Here it goes…

A Thousand Mirrors (28 October 2006)

She moves on the stage effortlessly, like a butterfly moving from one flower to another. A picture perfect stance, a crisp jump and a split jump to end this mesmerizing affair.
The stadium thunders with claps.

Back stage she's greeted with hugs and appreciation. Her agent was trying to put off the crowd when a gentleman barges his way through it.

'Ma'am, that was a wonderful performance, I...'

She cuts the gentleman short by saying 'Thank You', expecting him to leave her alone. But he still stands there, even as her agent is motioning him to leave.

He begins to leave, but turns back one last time, 'Just make sure that in your next dance your eyes don't give away your sadness,' saying this he walks away leaving the dancer alone with her sorrow.

And she thought only her bedroom mirror knew about her scars! Perhaps, there are a thousand mirrors that know about it too, one of them - this man, but not all mirrors tell the truth!

(169 words)
(c) Preeti Datar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Thousand Mirrors (flash fiction)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Wow Preeti once again very nice! I enjoyed reading it. Your stories are always very meaningful which is why i like reading them. Smile

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 9:43am | IP Logged
awww thanks azzy! *hugs*
I do hope you read this one too - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=535712

^^ I think it's eaven better. Sorry i sound so full of myself..but its my choice..lol LOL

coolniyu

IF-Dazzler

coolniyu

Harry Potter Crossword winner

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged
hiya>>awesome story!! ill just go chek out the link now Wink

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 09 February 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
I personally found this story much better than Lakshmi - plot-wise. I think you just need to tighten up the ending a bit for this one and it will be perfect :)

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Hmm... wow, Preets, I agree Flash fiction is really hard to write but you have done a good job... it's kind of fiction where you leave the reader thinking, which is a great technique!

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 February 2007 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

I personally found this story much better than Lakshmi - plot-wise. I think you just need to tighten up the ending a bit for this one and it will be perfect :)

Now, that's what I had been looking for, a comment that'd help me grow. Tighten up the ending, does that mean i reduce the size? or don't make the inherent message so apparent, and let the reader decide what i intended to convey?

Originally posted by naina_manam

<span>Hmm... wow, Preets, I agree Flash fiction is really hard to write but you have done a good job... it's kind of fiction where you leave the reader thinking, which is a great technique!</span>

Nains, I'm not really sure if this is pure flash fiction, lol, but I'm trying. Let's see how far i improve in this genre!

Preets

kitty468

IF-Dazzler

kitty468

Posted: 10 February 2007 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
hmm... i read it so many times but i dont get the meaning. or maybe its too late in the nite n my brain isnt working.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top