Debate Mansion

New TV soaps put creativity on backburner (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

I dont think the viewers are that stupid but the problem is that they do not have a choice. In most household after the whole days work the ladies of the house have to sit and watch TV.

Nothing better to do and nothing better to watch so TRPs will always be there and it doesnt matter what the story line is till the shows have ladies who are "Tip-Top" dressed (even in kitchen) so that they know what to look for when they go for shopping next time. Big smile

Today there are very few shows like Ba Bahu Aur Baby, Ek Chaabi Hai Pados Main which has still not fallen to those stupid, repetitive, ghisa-pita story lines yet and which is not regressive.

I think they should look at some of the Fan-Fictions written by our members and get inspired. LOL

Cheers,
Vijay

Forget about kitchen, Vijay, they have their makeup and jewelry and well combed hair even when they just woke up after a whole night's sleep! I mean how dumb is that!

I think the major problem with today's directors is that they want to drag the show if the audience is liking it until they start hating it and yell at them to end the show.  I think that's a wrong technique.  IF you end your soap at a good corner instead of dragging it then the audience will be waiting for your next show and boast up its TRPs.

Today's shows lack the essence of reality and creativity.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New TV soaps put creativity on backburner (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by vijay

I dont think the viewers are that stupid but the problem is that they do not have a choice. In most household after the whole days work the ladies of the house have to sit and watch TV.

Nothing better to do and nothing better to watch so TRPs will always be there and it doesnt matter what the story line is till the shows have ladies who are "Tip-Top" dressed (even in kitchen) so that they know what to look for when they go for shopping next time. Big smile

Today there are very few shows like Ba Bahu Aur Baby, Ek Chaabi Hai Pados Main which has still not fallen to those stupid, repetitive, ghisa-pita story lines yet and which is not regressive.

I think they should look at some of the Fan-Fictions written by our members and get inspired. LOL

Cheers,
Vijay

i agree with u.....we dont have choice...and they shld for sure look at the ff writen by the memebers in IF and get inspiredLOLLOLLOL......we are more talented then them!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Saraa

queenkumar

IF-Stunnerz

Member BANNED!!

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:25am | IP Logged

Hi All!

I don't think that new TV shows put the creativity on backburner,infact the TV shows have  moved to front runner.Those characters  are far ahead of our timesLOL.

I agree that same stuff is shown in almost all the serials but each one displays their character in their own way(on a prolonged time of the serial they all become very foolish that's different issue).

Consider poor heroine and rich hero concept:

Its shown in different manner in JJKN.Where ArmaanSir( Apurva AgnihotriEmbarrassed) and Mona Singh really acted well.On a long run the serial got ruined Jassi turned to Jessica and all those weird stuff was shown.Even then, I say JJKN is best serial.

The same conceptis shown in different manner in Kaajal.In this also Apurva and that heroine(I donot know her name) are acting well.

How can serial writers bring concepts from heavens.There is nothing wrong in having serials realted to our daily lives.This is not an indication of creativity loss !!

If people think like that

No new invention will be made

No new product will be launched

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 04 February 2007 at 3:26am

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:46am | IP Logged

vit23

vit23

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 3:51am | IP Logged
I think it's the 'housewives' category who are more easily influenced by these soaps, people like to watch others problems and enjoy watching how they manage to hide things and handle the matter in a 'way' that we people won't really do in real life because of the norms and values which we have to respect in society. So for most people it's crazy and damn spicy thing, packed with twists. on the other hand intelligent people don't get easily influenced and are less apt to become addicted to them.

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 4:02am | IP Logged
We are given what the majority WANT to see!! Don't we face harsh realism every day of our life? So whats wrong with seeing these saas-bahu serials or the hate-love stories if they fulfill our needs. I do agree that Ekta recycles her work TOO much, esp. with Kasam Se which given the popularity, she rolled in to Karam Apna Apna.

But we do have serials like Saath Phere,GKLB or Dulhann....even though they do seem like your typical serial. Their style of telling the story is different!! They don't need the whole lot of twists and turns to get the viewer hooked. Its the content!! And thats why these have given major competition to Ekta K serials.

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 February 2007 at 4:11am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top