ranig thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

You can watch it, which is better as the words are not changed to make good copy  http://www.timesnow.tv/videoshow/1559036.cms

"SRK is absolutely right"
Saturday, February 03, 2007 09:04:18 pm

Amitabh Bachchan gets candid and responds to SRK's comment and says: "SRK is absolutely right"
Speaking exclusively to TIMES NOW's Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami , for the first time, Amitabh Bachchan has responded to Shahrukh Khan's comments about the comparisons between him and the King Khan, however, in true Big B style, Amitabh says that comparisons can only be made, when Shahrukh gets to his age. Read on...

Arnab: What is this talk about cold war going on between you and SRK?

Amitabh: You tell me.

Arnab: Sharukh has said some things to TIMES NOW, and I would like to use this opportunity to understand your perspective. Speaking to TIMES NOW, Sharukh Khan had quoted Galib and said-- "Woh us saddi ke they, hum is sadi ke hain". He has also said:"I am not saying that he is old, but I am young." He has further said :"I am hip and sexy." In response to one of your quotes, where you had said that you will continue doing good work, so that it is worthy of being imitated, Khan has said that he dosen't believe in imitating anyone.

Amitabh: Whatever he has said is absolutely correct. He is young and I am old. He is hip and sexy and I am not. I only play sexy Sam.

Arnab: You are being a little diplomatic?

Amitabh: No, it is nothing. It is just the media build-up.You cannot possibly compare the two. He is the reigning king of the film industry. I am 25 years older than him. If you want to do an honest comparision, you should wait for him to get 65 ,and then see, how he fares with the Box Office king at that point in time.

Arnab: There is a general view that both you and SRK are very intelligent people and would never jibe with each other. But is there a little bit of tension?

Amitabh : But if we jibe, it will make a great copy for you.

Arnab: It would.

Amitabh: But that's where it emanated from. It emanated from the media.

Arnab: So there is no stress in the relationship?

Amitabh : You know this game better than I do.

Arnab: I reallly don't.

Amitabh: Then let me educate you. Media needs some headline to sell and become commercial. You create something that is almost obtuse. Words are beautifully managed and maligned or written around in the media, and then it keeps on growing. This is a wonderful circle that it has taken.

Arnab: But the same media has also taken Jessica Lall case, Nithari case, to name a few.

Amitabh: Where have I said that it is wrong.

Arnab: But media will take up AB and SRK.

Amitabh : I am not saying that it is wrong. I am saying you are most welcome to do it.

Arnab: So there is no cold war between you two?

Amitabh: No, whatever he said is true. It is just wonderful words that are created by the media.

(Watch the complete interview on TIMES NOW on SUNDAY 2.30 PM and 8.30 PM)
Edited by ranig - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
Amitabh is humility personified and he remains a gentleman to SRK who is headeight personified...
"He is old...I am young"...SRK please look at urself in the mirror without makeup(with makeup too...it doesnt make much of a difference now!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† )...
gelato thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I completely agree with you lucky_lakshmi.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

this whole cold war saga has been going on for too long. can the media find something else write about now? first it was ash & abhi (it still is going on) and now it's Big B & SRK.

shantrauss thumbnail

lucky_lakshmi ....or whoever *****πŸ˜› ....that ***** himself admitts SRK is the KING...the truth is u cant digest dat....u all ******** πŸ˜›

lucky_lakshmi ....or whoever shit head  ....that old shit himself admitts SRK is the KING...the truth is u cant digest dat....u all filthy,illitrates....u nd ur group take a dip in your own peeee

Moderator's Note:
Edited by moderator. Use proper language on the forum. Calling abusive names to fellow members or anyone is against the rules of the forum.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 17 years ago
shantrauss thumbnail
lucky_lakshmi ....or whoever shit head πŸ˜› ....that old shit himself admitts SRK is the KING...the truth is u cant digest dat....u all filthy,illitrates....u nd ur group take a dip in your own peeee πŸ˜›
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shantrauss

lucky_lakshmi ....or whoever shit head πŸ˜› ....that old shit himself admitts SRK is the KING...the truth is u cant digest dat....u all filthy,illitrates....u nd ur group take a dip in your own peeee πŸ˜›

Dont use offensive words in the forum. Go through the forum rules please. Personal attacks and attcking celebs using offensive words in banned. Strict action will be taken against those who use such words.

IF-Moderator

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 17 years ago
swethapreetham thumbnail
Both are diplomatic. But there is no smoke without fire. Is this similar to the way he denied JrB and Ash's relationship? Thanks for the article.