Debate Mansion

Hindi Serial stories real life inspired?? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel_wings

Preets earlier there were many serials which were quite close to life…such as Hum log and Tamash(am not sure whether the name is correct)….they were quite a hit at that time…all ekta's show is soo much depressing that I don't now what type of entertainment ppl (including my mom and sometimes me tooLOL)  get by watching those show…Karan Johar's movies are absurd too but they are not depressing and most of the time don't get on our nerves

Tamas is one of the best TV serials to hit Indian television, there have been movie's on India-Pak partition before and after it, but none came close to the quality of Tamas

There is a scene in there where someone points a rifle at Om Puri's character, I have never seen anyone enact a scene that good ever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hindi Serial stories real life inspired?? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Tv serials is a far far cry from reality . The basic plot may resemble rela life like a joint family with values or something like that but otherwise nothing is even remotely close to real life .

before serials used to be realistic and close to life like hum log, buniyaad, nukkad , tamas , malgudi days, circus etc . These were serials so well taken and very close to real life and they were all big hits . So if someone says that people wont watch serials which is realistic then they are wrong coz there have been serials which are still remembered for its closeness to real life .

Its completely in the hands of us viewers , we could put a stop to all the unrealistic illogical atrocious plots and serials by not watching them , ultimately someone would come up with a good story close to real life and others will follow . The mistake we do is get addicted and hence if even if they show crap we tend to accept them giving the excuse that its entertainment.

plastic surgeries day in and day out as if it was the most easiest thing to do , rising from the dead as and when it pleases , EMA's numerous times even after getting old and then finally coming back to the wife and everyone applauds on it as its a victory of " true love " , innumerable illegitimate children, vamps dressed in over the top and gaudy makeup stealing babies and taking revenge , faking the DNA reports or medical reports , changing babies . If all this was similar to real life then god help us Wink Ouch

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

<P><SPAN><FONT face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" color=#0000ff size=2>Preets earlier there were many serials which were quite close to life…such as Hum log and Tamash(am not sure whether the name is correct)….they were quite a hit at that time…all ekta's show is soo much depressing that I don't now what type of entertainment ppl (including my mom and sometimes me tooLOL) <SPAN></SPAN>get by watching those show…Karan Johar's movies are absurd too but they are not depressing and most of the time don't get on our nerves</SPAN>

Tamas is one of the best TV serials to hit Indian television, there have been movie's on India-Pak partition before and after it, but none came close to the quality of Tamas

There is a scene in there where someone points a rifle at Om Puri's character, I have never seen anyone enact a scene that good ever

^^ I had issued the novel Tamas, but didn't read it fully, its very heavy duty Embarrassed

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
the incidents in shows are inspired by real life. affairs, incest, rapes , marital rapes, improper attractions, unrequited love, elopements , petty fights, lust for money, disagreements between members of family especially between DIL and MIL all happen in real life. however the glamour added and the shock value added by making it dramatic makes it seem much more impossible and fantastic.
    besides these shows pick an almost perfect protagonist and an evil that escapes words to complement him/her. in real life that is pretty rare to see that extent of evil or goodness.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
that's brillo tania.   Clap Clap Clap

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Good one Tania or is this Tisha?

Few years back there was a serial with Renuka Shahane & Sachin Khedekar on Zee. It dealt with extramarital affair but was close to reality. It was intense and slow. Ekta's soaps too deal with such issues but it becomes more dramatic and unrealistic.

I just simply loved it Maya!   Its title song was jagjit Singh's "Apni marjise kahaan apne safar ke hum hai!" wonder if the name of serial was Sailaab.

I guess drama and unreal incidences is what keeps the TRPs higher these days. There also seem to be ridiculous product placements which is why women on their death bed wear more jewellery than a normal bride.
You wonder why do people complain about them and yet watch them? Who are these people?? In an honest bitter fight with my qt & smarty mom, ( she watches kasam se, saat phere and mamta on zee Dead ) she confessed that it is something that keeps her mind off of work tension, off of missing her children and off of reality for a bit- a ridiculous and lowly alternate to meditation i guess! Better than drugs and alcohol, but sort of like that imho.   I am sure she isn't the only one. What worries me more is that atleast these old women's priorities and morals are in place already. How about the young minds who are probably in the process of learning what intimacy is about and what love really means. This is such a bad source of information for them. The serials should be rated forget PG13 but NC17 I think

Neetusxm

Goldie

Neetusxm

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by sareg

Preets earlier there were many serials which were quite close to life…such as Hum log and Tamash(am not sure whether the name is correct)….they were quite a hit at that time…all ekta's show is soo much depressing that I don't now what type of entertainment ppl (including my mom and sometimes me tooLOL)  get by watching those show…Karan Johar's movies are absurd too but they are not depressing and most of the time don't get on our nerves

Ah the good old days of DD.

And about the K crap that gets dished out everyday, here's one from my  blog.Tis an old one written about an year ago, but the soapy world still doesn't surprise me.

The Thinks that Kekta Thinks

(Based on Dr.Seuss' The Thinks You Can Think)

Kekta can think up some good stories, that's what she can do.
Then she puts in her twists and turns, and she turns them into strange weirdoes.
She can think up her titles to start with the letter K
That letter will bring her success that's what Sunita Menon has to say.now now...how many times has she been right?!

Oh the plots that she thinks up with 5 marriages and 10 divorces. lol i cracked up on this...
If that does not work, then her twists take the soap on a different course.
To save money, the same artist in several serials does she employ!
To top it off she kills the characters if they turn into naughty boys.

She draws up long contracts so that her actors don't run away.
After all, who can tolerate her idiosyncrasies night and day!
She thinks about how her soaps should cater to middle class.
Is ghisi piti morality par akhir kise hoga vishwas?

She thinks of plots, which involve stupid kitchen politics
Of who can cook the better biryani? Or who has a better sense of ethics?
She thinks of her casts as rich middle-aged house wives.
Who don't have a brain to do something meaningful with their lives.

The women folk in her soaps are laden with expensive jewelry.
They also wear designer saris in their kitchen cooking chicken curry. all of her shows!!! every single one...man!!!!
And when they are finished cooking their husband's favorite baingan bharta
They poison their husband's minds when he is back home changing into his kurta.

When she wanted Balaji to go beyond the viewers of Viranis and Agarwals
She thinked up love stories for young folks like that of Kashish and Sujal Garewal.
These soaps have different twist, which involves intense love and jealousies
Which involves rapes, betrayals and murders-Oh why can't Kekta leave her legacy? now i wonder if half the housewives in india or worldwide can surwive this? LOL

Now she has thought up some new thinks that will cater to different audience
But please call them Candy Floss and Crimson Skies-me tired of this K nonsense.
Her first soap called "Hum Paanch" did not have to start with the letter K..somebody send her this poem Wink
Maybe that's why it was a hit-Kekta should think about it some day.

Smile

that was excellent tania,,,i printed this out and rubbed on my friends face who think i was wrong....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top