Debate Mansion

Hindi Serial stories real life inspired??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Neetusxm

Goldie

Neetusxm

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 12:40pm | IP Logged

These days hindi soaps are showing some ridiculous story lines...where do these creatives come up with such ideas?

My friends and I were discussing and some actually believed that some of these soaps are inspired by real life stories..on the other hand some of us think that its just a fragment of their imaginations that they are using to move the story forward...

i'll give an example on where our argument started

this serial on zee tv kasamh se has all my friends discussing how much you can trust your sister these days...

Pia from the story is all nuts over her sister's husband where as she knows her sister loves her husband and vice versa. That sister who gave so much love to her younger sisters and forgot her own hapiness in order to raise them and meet their needs...

Do sisters like this really exist? do they pounce over your hubby?

i said no but one of my friends said that lots of sisters are attracted to their so called jijaji and some will go to an extent of doing a one night stand which in future might lead to something destructive...

then banoo mein teri dulhann...women actually marry a person who is mentally not stable and still start to fall in love with them...

according to me no woman in her sane mind will marry a mentally unstable person but my sister argues that women in need of money and poor people or women who have too much pressure in society to get married do take such a step...

the point is i dont think such stories happen but my friends think other wise..

please shed some views to me ..if where i stand is right...

the two shows i mentioned earlier ..are two of my best shows...and i watch them no matter what other's views might be...i landed on this debate forum in hope that i might get some confusion cleared...

neetu

Edited by Neetusxm - 01 February 2007 at 12:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hindi Serial stories real life inspired??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neetusxm

according to me no woman in her sane mind will marry a mentally unstable person

yup,yup, I agree, marriage=turning a stable man mentally instable, if you already have an mentally instable man, where is the sense of acheivementWink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

Originally posted by Neetusxm

according to me no woman in her sane mind will marry a mentally unstable person.

yup,yup, I agree, marriage=turning a stable man mentally instable, if you already have an mentally instable man, where is the sense of acheivementWink

neetu, your sentence is a bit too long.  This is what I think.

No woman in her sane mind will marry  FULLSTOP Wink   LOLLOLLOL

Now about the topic. These serials are mostly ridiculous and far off from reality, atleast i hope so.  In rare cases, such things happen- incest, sister stealing sister's husband, backbiting and murder for money etc.. but it is not as alarmingly common as it appears.

Vaidehi was based on a true life story and it was a nice serial.  ofcourse some drama was added in a hopeless effort to gain better TRPs,  but still, it was nice serial.  Earlier serials like Rajni (social issues), Mr & Mrs (funny marial issues), humlog (social issues)  and many many more were much better  and were closer to life. 

mQT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 01 February 2007 at 2:18pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Actually in some cases... it is the other way round... real life is inspired from hindi serial or movies. Some people think that if it is shown on movie or serial.. it is ok to do it.. why they think such things is beyond me.. but they do.... Ouch

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 12:02am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 1:00am | IP Logged
If they make serials based on 100% reality, they'll be big flops. Whho wants to watch their own life on TV? - don't we get enough of living it anyway?

I think they're exaggerated and spiced up, else they won't get any takers! LOL

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Preets earlier there were many serials which were quite close to life…such as Hum log and Tamash(am not sure whether the name is correct)….they were quite a hit at that time…all ekta's show is soo much depressing that I don't now what type of entertainment ppl (including my mom and sometimes me tooLOL)  get by watching those show…Karan Johar's movies are absurd too but they are not depressing and most of the time don't get on our nerves

Post Reply New Post

Go to top