Debate Mansion

Females Working After Marriage... - Page 7

*Meg_d* thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† this is too funny, men can do two things at once, even if they are stressed out at the end of the day they can be nice to kids but woman cant πŸ˜• Wow some of us dont know the power of a woman especially a Mother. A mother doesnt have to be tired to love their child. A mother doesnt have to smell nice or have soft hands for the baby to feel affetionist against its mother. The child is a part of the mother. I think saying men are better then woman is a sterotype. It depends on the individual some parents have great energy levels and some dont, so we can examine someone as a individual instead of a woman or man...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: *Meg_d*

Excuse me??? irrelevant, this book is not irrelevant, maybe you should go and find out what the Bhagwat Gita is about before commenting on it like this. Its a holy book of the hindus and every hindu worships it, find out what that book is about before commenting like such

ok, I will accept its relevance on this topic if you can show me in Bhagwad Gita

1. where He(Bhagwaan Krishna) cites best practices of running a household when a woman of the household is working

2. When in divorce case what is the best practice

3. In case of divorce what is the responsibility each of the parent

prove it!!

Ratta marke Bhagwad Gita can be cited by any tom dick and harry, you should see the relevance and then cite the book

Bhagwad Gita was written when Hindu society was divided, Khstriya, Brahmin, etc, etc, Men/Women had assigned roles, Men of earning/Women of running the home, baring exceptions.

Times have changed, there is no more of the system, men and women work, the book does not account for that, the book does not account for divorce

so if it does not account for that, citing in a debate is irrelevant meaning the book has no relevance here

In Mahabharata the answer for the thought is proved  Palne wala bada ya paida karne wala bada, so if the father understands the child better he should/will stay with the Father(totally contradicts your quote about Gita) but you would have figured it out if you would understood it and not just rattofied itπŸ˜‰

If you want to feel hurt by someone commenting on a religious book, dont cite it, better understand it and then cite itπŸ˜‰ and in a Debate there is no place for

mermaid_QT thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: raksha.l

My post might come as a surprise to you QT, but why is that for a woman(or anybody else for that matter) to have a better understanding of the outside world, she needs to work???

I for one - don't like the idea of the 'job' itself..So doesn't matter, man or woman- job takes you away from your family.. 😊

It is my point of view after hanging out with home makers as opposed to working women.  there is a significant more the working seem to bring to their children - my personal experience from surroundings.

i think everyone shud work outside and it is not hard at all to strike a balance.  the kid will go to school anyway .. then why is mom sitting around atleast those 8 hours?  there are several jobs that are less demanding than certain others.  if everyone sat at home including the child, i see no progress hat so ever.  
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: guess_gallery

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask few questions...

1) After a child is born who will have more responsibility father /mother? Of course both of them will have an equal responsibility.😊

(a)Answer in every ones mind will pop up is both. But, when parents get divorce or separated why mothers are given first preference for child stay??

Well i guess it's becuase we're talking about the mother here and she's the one that takes care of the child more in most cases. Usually the father goes off to work leaving the child with its mother.😳

(b) Is mother having more responsibility towards her child coz she spends more time, because father might be working abroad or going office from 9-4 job etc

Yes that's exactly what i said above ^^.😊

(c)Should females quit there job after giving birth to a baby so that they can give there own teaching and values( and can spend quality time with them as every one want to see there child grow)

No i don't think it's necessary for females to quit their jobs in order to teach their children but like here in Canada the women get a maternity leave so that they can teach their kids some things and watch them grow. Although this is not for 2-3 years, you can still spend quality time with your kids, watch them grow and also i think get 60% of the money you use to get when you worked.😊

(d)Is it right that babies are given to Grand parents for the take care? As parents step out to work.(cant mother be in home and see there own child)

No, i think that you should take care of your own child.😳 Grandparents already did that when bringing you up so why make them do it again..also you can also see your own child and spend time together if you yourself take care of the child. Though some parents are in need of money so they decide to go back to work and leave their children with their parents.

Note:- females who need to work to run there family because husbands income is not sufficient for the family is optional but I am talking about those girls who work because they have simply studied and even though if they don't work there home can easily run by husbands income.  

Cheers,

Ahmed

mermaid_QT thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

Although not 100% but to a great extent I would agree an intelligent Mom does a better job with kids...Sure...Its just that working woman generally have their temperaments altered due to daily stress and at the end of a long tiring day you cant expect them to be creative in any way whatsoever...😊.. but then again it might be different on case by case basis...Men generally carry that extra strength typically and can come and play cricket with the kids.even after a tiring day due to sheer stamina. I havent seen many tired moms do something similar...and there are always exceptions..

Outside world also allows the woman to take her home-front frustartions out πŸ˜‰.. ever heard bitchy tales of housewives cooked at home- got no one to talk to about how the husband doesn't pay so much attention and sister in law said what and MIL said what?? 
at work, burdens get shared.. as i said, tough jobs are no cup of tea for all.. both men and women.. but then pick a suitable work that doesn't affect family life what so ever.. if anything, the experiences, the OPEN discussions with others, the EXPOSURE to different POVs makes one a much more efficient parent.

else mom can watch zee tv whole day even while living in the US and the kid will fall back once school starts cos  singing " chale jaise hawaae sanan sanan"  " or  kasam se.. kasam se.. kasammm se" doesn;t go a long  way πŸ˜‰ in school.   Gotta know what other moms are reading and teaching..
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: *Meg_d*

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† this is too funny, men can do two things at once, even if they are stressed out at the end of the day they can be nice to kids but woman cant πŸ˜• Wow some of us dont know the power of a woman especially a Mother. A mother doesnt have to be tired to love their child. A mother doesnt have to smell nice or have soft hands for the baby to feel affetionist against its mother. The child is a part of the mother. I think saying men are better then woman is a sterotype. It depends on the individual some parents have great energy levels and some dont, so we can examine someone as a individual instead of a woman or man...

I agree with you Meg.😊..Today's women go side by side with men.😊 Never underestimate the power of a women..like in my sig.πŸ˜›

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Here we are talking about today, 2007 and 21st century.

I worked since the day I got married which will be 33 yrs tomorrow. I was only off 6 wks for maternity leave after my son's birth. Both my sons have lots of respect for me as woman, mother and as a professional. It was juggling act but we as couple managed it w/o any support from family.

I never compromised in any of those roles I played. My family is still together and no one has suffered.  As a matter of fact they have turned out to be more confident assertive professionals themselves.  If I had daughters they would be even more proud of me for what I have accomplished. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
angel_111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOW .. 2 topics .. same theme .. Welcome to the 21st century. Ok .. People keep on talking on how working women break a house and mess up the kids .. People are quoting Geeta too .. I never knew Geeta laid down rules for what happens after a divorce .. ANyways !! Back to the topic (which I find very victorian BTW) I am a child of a working mother, my mom was a full time proffesional and I really give her full credit for shaping the life of me and my brother. The way she messed (!!!! πŸ˜† ) us up was I am a repacted and a somewhat succesfull proffesional. I am the Production Manager in my company. Married and working and no one has any complains that my own home is messed up or anything. Ok Back to my mom .. she is a great person and has taught us how to walk in the society with our heads held very high. My brother is 27 and he is a director in a company. My Sis in law who btw has a working mom too is a IIM (A) pass out and she has her own company ( a start up right now ). Well my maasi is a PhD holder and was a proffesor, and she was a visiting proffesor in many univs acroos the globe so she was away from her home town too on occassions. Her daughter is working too and is a lecturer in London School of Economics and she is working with the likes of Amartya Sen. WHich is GREAT at such a young age. I think that we as women have equal rights to live survive dream and achieve. We give birth, so we know the value of life. We know how to nurter it and how to strike a balance. Wedding is not a dooms day but just another phase in life. It does not and should not mean that we women should give up living and be a caretaker. Someone does chose that but it should not become a norm in the society. Career does not seaze to happen after some one gets married. Marriage means to share. And I think what is essentialy "should" mean that both partners are there building up a home and there for better or worse. I have seen men wanting to be babysat 24 by 7. Why should that be the case ?? Men sit on the dining table and they dont move a finger. They need the food to be served on their plates by the women of the house. Why ?????
Well I have written a lot .. now I would like to request that these kind of thoughts should not be encouraged. South East Asia has a huge case of femal foeticide. They have a huge case of crime on women. We have educated families who discriminate between the girl and the boy child. The boy gets better education, where the girls dreams are crushed. Lets be a little more respinsible and come ahead to stop this rather than spread negetive thoughts and ideologoes which will only increase and support these kind of thoughts.

Girls have dreams too married or unmarried .. It should be a choice if she opts to be at home, and a personal choice. Every woman derves a life where she can dream and breathe and walk with her head held high ..
mermaid_QT thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

Here we are talking about today, 2007 and 21st century.

I worked since the day I got married which will be 33 yrs tomorrow. I was only off 6 wks for maternity leave after my son's birth. Both my sons have lots of respect for me as woman, mother and professional. It was juggling act but we as couple managed it w/o any support from family.

I never compromised in any of those roles I played. My family is still together and no one has suffered. If I had daughters they would be even more proud of me for what I have accomplished. πŸ˜ƒ

Yeah!  She would have been very proud of you just like your friend

is 

Women in my family all educated and known as themselves in the society as certain someone rather than Mrs. QT.. , have raised children well.
In fact, our family is a good example of one child raised by home-maker and one by a working mom.   We both got everything in the world from her and more.
Also, I don;t see that children are getting any special attention just becos  moms are sitting at home waiting for kids to come back from school.  They haven't quite provided anything more / outstanding as evident from how the kids appear.

I am not against home makers in anyway, but remarks about working women not providing same affection are baselss imo.  It depends on the woman and her abilities and priorities more than anything.
angel_111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am not sure what the geeta says about women so I will not go there .. But we must remember that we worship Durga, Kaali, Saraswati, Lakshmi, Gayatri, Gauri ... godesses. So it was never meant by the religion that women will be inferior or unequal to men in any way ..